Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nice morals and sanctity of marriage first district...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Nice morals and sanctity of marriage first district...

May 7, 2013, 8:35 PM

Just use that ######## when it is convenient. South Carolina is the laughing stock of the country to have a district that would elect that goober to back into congress.

Enjoy the embarrassment.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, lib***

May 7, 2013, 8:50 PM

Re: Nice morals and sanctity of marriage first district...

May 7, 2013, 8:53 PM

Bill Clinton and John Edwards say hi.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Edwards situation takes the cake

May 7, 2013, 8:58 PM

that is really sick

Well, it might be outdone by the Bwany Fwank ring.....

Edwards, Hart, Clinton, Kennedy....shall we continue?

May 8, 2013, 7:30 AM

How about Gore? He's just a goofus, that got a bunch of idiots to pay him for "Green credits" and then paid landowners (I'm assuming this part) to just continue to let those trees grow. So the idiots can feel better about their 10,000 square foot house with 10 air conditioners, the heated swimming pool, spa and taking private jets everywhere.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Edwards did not run, or win, after that came to light.***

May 8, 2013, 8:07 AM [ in reply to The Edwards situation takes the cake ]

Re: Edwards did not run, or win, after that came to light.***

May 8, 2013, 8:33 AM

I accidentally pointed that post. Edwards did not run because he finally realized he wouldn't win. He thought he would get away with it.
Sooner or later people came to realize what a pos he was. Media couldn't sweep his lying scum bag style away.

The media that hounded him with hundreds of photogs and

May 8, 2013, 9:15 AM

whatnot were really trying to sweep it under the rug? The media that was on him like white on rice 24/7 really were in cahoots to cover it all up?

Wow.

What Edwards did broke the law. There was a real trial.***

May 14, 2013, 7:24 AM [ in reply to Edwards did not run, or win, after that came to light.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Foregone conclusion considering the district.

May 7, 2013, 8:59 PM

Most likely we never here from him again, but if for some reason he runs for governor and wins?

That #### would be beyond embarrassing.

(The real question I have is how did the other GOP nomination guy lose to Sanford? Was he a former murderer or something?)

"hear" not "here"

May 7, 2013, 9:01 PM

I'm an idiot.

Good point. If they were bent on electing a republican, do

May 7, 2013, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Foregone conclusion considering the district. ]

they mean to tell us that he was the best one of the bunch. Wow!

Born and raised in South Carolina, but there is no way in the world I could live there again, not even in my beloved Clemson. The state is baaaaaaaaackwards.

Plenty of resources, but always one of the poorest states in the union. Why? Not a lack of resources, but because of horrible leadership for most of its history.

Yep. I recently drove the I-95 corridor. Nothing but Fundy

May 8, 2013, 8:09 AM

Christian on the radio dial, and billboards mocking evolution.

Couldn't bring myself to tell my kids that the family fled this state some years ago.

you guys are clueless about this election

May 8, 2013, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Good point. If they were bent on electing a republican, do ]

Sanford won because they had to scramble to find somebody legitimate for the special election, which will only put a Congressman in office until November of 2014 anyway. The field included some good candidates, but very few with any name recognition which is just about the only thing that counts in a special election primary. And that district doesn't just automatically go Republican, as a lesbian billionaire came within 4 points of beating a 5-term Republican congressman there in 2008. Had Democrats fielded a more serious candidate that year, they might have won.

Also, Sanford was a popular governor in SC before his scandal. And I think most serious political historians of SC would say that its leadership has made it far more prominent than you would expect, based on its population. So, you know, get a clue and quit just trashing the state because the other party has been in power for 20 years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nae, just anti Obama.***

May 7, 2013, 9:03 PM

May 7, 2013, 9:10 PM

yes it is. deplorable that he "gets away with it"

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heres the difference bw a lib and a pub

May 7, 2013, 9:12 PM

Sanford lived up to and immediately admitted his indiscretion. Clinton and Edwards denied, lied, drug everyone through the ringer ruining lives, and ended in a lengthy court case full of perjury.

I think Sanford made a big life mistake, but voting a liberal into office would be a bigger life mistake.

I can't give you a

May 7, 2013, 9:15 PM

hundred points for your post, but here's one.

Couldn't they have come up with a conservative that was

May 7, 2013, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Heres the difference bw a lib and a pub ]

a better example of integrity? I mean were they completely out of conservative candidates? Amazing that Mark Sanford is the best South Carolina has to offer in the form of a conservative. Stunning.

The liberals don't base their platform on sanctity of

May 7, 2013, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Heres the difference bw a lib and a pub ]

marriage and conservative moral viewpoints like the republicans do. The big difference is this man was a big sanctity of marriage mouthpiece and ran on the values of conservative social issues.

When Sanford starts giving that line now, he will be like UNC talking about how much they care about academics. It just doesn't fly coming from him.

Re: The liberals don't base their platform on sanctity of

May 7, 2013, 9:31 PM

Sanford has been a very active fiscal conservative and has lived up to that. The sanctity of marriage has not been a platform and has been bastardized by both parties equally. I agree that it would have been nice to have a fresh face bc the media will undoubtedly have fun with it, albeit hypocritically. Don't forget that the party pulled their funds for him. I think Sanford ls election is more telling that people are sick of liberal politics.

Message was edited by: hleapha®

But wasn't she the business woman that built her own

May 7, 2013, 9:37 PM

business and he was the career politician. And how is flying on personal trips to Argentina on taxpayer money fiscally conservative? How is not showing up for work and telling an assistant to lie about where you are fiscally conservative? And getting paid for the off days, fiscally conservative?

Everyone realized that she would vote with the Dems, and

May 7, 2013, 10:34 PM

once they realized that, in that district, she was toast.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Exactly, it has nothing to do with his sex life

May 7, 2013, 11:51 PM

but about him making a vote in congress that the voter would agree with. Bush's vote would be a vote for the Dem's and with this divisive Congress that we have thanks to our divisive president, no-one will chance that.

they certainly seem to think marriage is important...

May 8, 2013, 12:29 PM [ in reply to The liberals don't base their platform on sanctity of ]

since they are the ones who constantly bring the issue of gay marriage up. If they don't believe in the "sanctity of marriage," then why do they think marriage is important enough to recognize in public law?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course gays want the equal rights that come along with

May 8, 2013, 8:32 PM

government recognized marriage. The irony I was pointing out is that Pubs talk about gays ruining the sanctity of marriage when in reality hererosexuals have the market cornered on destroying the sanctity of marriage. Exhibit A: Mark Sanford

A liberal speaking on morals

May 8, 2013, 8:50 PM

What has the world come to?

Are you saying that since I'm a liberal I can't have morals

May 13, 2013, 6:57 PM

I am a fiscal conservative and social liberal. I am also a Christian. Are you saying that a liberal can't be a Christian? If I don't agree with everything you say politically, then I must not have morals, let alone be a good Christian. People like you are why I haven't set foot in an organized church in 15 years, but I have a Bible on my table. I read it regularly, particularly the red ink. I have a relationship with Jesus Christ without the services of one middle-man. I guess Jimmy Swaggart and Ted Hagerty will have to get their prostitute money from someone else. A church will never get one penny from me. They turn around and buy lavish items or use it to run down groups of people in our population. I believe in charity and I give it directly to the needy. Don't need to give one penny to a church. And I grew up loving MYF, Church Camp in Cleveland, South Carolina, and the fellowship of my church. But when I grew up and realized how political churches were and nasty about it, I walked out the door and never looked back. Haven't missed it at all.

I would be very careful in making such judgements of others. You sound very Talibanish or KKKish. Two groups with very different causes, but amazingly similar tactics.
I criticize Republicans and conservatives when they backslide on their morals because they campaign on them as if nobody else has any. But I never say that since they are conservatives they must not have morals or lack Christian compassion.

When people want to compare David Vitter and Mark Sanford to Clinton, they have to realize that Clinton never campaigned on self-rightousness. That is what Republicans do and they are never able to live up to it. Democrats don't claim to be superior in that regard. Look at Strom Thurmond. He campaigned on high morals and that whites were better than blacks. Yet, he goes and haves extra-marital sex with his parents' housekeeper's daughter and then still has such a lack of integrity that he makes laws for the nex 80 years that would make his own daughter's life more difficult. He ran for president on the single issue of segregation. It doesn't get much worse than that. I think it is an absolute disgrace that there is a Strom Thurmond Institute on our campus, primarily because of his legacy as a segregationist. But I don't say that all republicans or conservatives must be without morals.

May 7, 2013, 9:13 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1233790&tstart=0

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13877800

You seem upset.

Not really, just mystified. I understand a conservative

May 7, 2013, 9:19 PM

district electing a conservative. But couldn't they have elected one that represents their morals and standards? Maybe they did. I just think there had to be a conservative our there that would not be as embarrassing as electing this career politician back into congress.

Re: Not really, just mystified. I understand a conservative

May 7, 2013, 9:21 PM

Believe me, I'm just as mystified. But then again, here in Houston, we got a lady named Sheila Jackson Lee who keeps getting re-elected to Congress despite doing absolutely nothing for her constituents.

Wow, yeah that woman is CRAZY

May 7, 2013, 9:36 PM

How the heck is she getting reelected?

It amazes me that anyone truly cares about the outcome of

May 8, 2013, 8:24 AM

any election when they're all rigged by the Zeta Reticuli. When humans finally come to terms with the fact that we are actually being manipulated by alien races, only then can we come together to develop a solution to win our freedom back.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's quite pathetic. I agree.

May 8, 2013, 8:29 AM

We deserve what we are getting out of Washington, because we let it happen. We put them there.

Huh huh. "Tity".***

May 8, 2013, 8:56 AM

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

The entire Kennedy family says hi as well.

May 8, 2013, 9:43 AM

Cheated on wives, left a girl to die WHILE cheating on wife is fine I take it?

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic