Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Venables on the spring game: We will find out who can play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,272

New Story: Venables on the spring game: We will find out who can play

Apr 7, 2016, 7:01 AM

Venables on the spring game: We will find out who can play

Brent Venables is ready to see who can play when Death Valley is packed with orange-clad faithful. Clemson’s defensive coordinator has to replace several starters from last year’s group, and he said that while he’s been encouraged by what he’s seen this spring, he’s ready to see who can perform in a game situation. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Venables on the spring game: We will find out who can play

Apr 7, 2016, 7:40 AM

Sounds pretty good I guess. I guess I took it for granted Korrin would be back.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2016, 8:29 AM

I think it was in an interview/post practice comment session with HCDS when he said Wiggins was being held out of spring drills for recovery from the knee injury, and he really wouldn't be allowed to practice 'full speed' until Fall. I think this is just the company line they are using when referring to him.

What I find interesting is that with the neck injury, Mike Williams is 'off limits' for contact, yet he is pretty much practicing at full speed (he made a spectacular catch during the practice we got to watch as part of Youth Day). However, it would seem his risk for injury would be just as great as Korrin Wiggins. Granted, the knee(s) will definitely get the 'pounding' and use on EVERY play, but still, I would be far more concerned with a neck injury, wouldn't you think?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Apr 7, 2016, 8:31 AM

Neither are going to play in the spring game, strictly precautionary. And why not, neither has anything to prove. Both will be BIG contributors starting in September. Course, you guys already know that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2016, 9:40 PM

It will be great to give their time to players for sure for sure we are going to to need!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May be they just cannot hold Mike back - so passionate!***

Apr 7, 2016, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables on the spring game: We will find out who can play ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2016, 8:34 AM

Is this game televised and what channel? I really want to see the game and can't make it up there this weekend.

Apr 7, 2016, 11:25 AM

ESPN 3 for those folks who may be wondering the same :)

Can't wait for Wiggins' return***

Apr 7, 2016, 8:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Can't wait for Wiggins' return***

Apr 7, 2016, 12:52 PM

He was good in 2014. I'm ready to see him back also.

spring game

Apr 7, 2016, 8:41 AM

I still wish they'd line up 1 on 1 and 2 on 2 instead of mashing up the entire squad in an attempt to balance it out. I believe it's crucial for cohesiveness for the team as a whole. but I guess I'm not a coach and don't know any better. Go Tigers

Re: spring game

Apr 7, 2016, 8:43 AM

they did all that in the 14 other practices. this is for the fans and kids that are down the chart an opportunity to shine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: spring game

Apr 7, 2016, 9:42 PM [ in reply to spring game ]

Is that what y'all do with the 49ers!!!;)

Apr 7, 2016, 9:54 AM

Finally some good news on Van Smith. I seriously think this guy is going to be a force. I think he's possibly the most under-rated guy on the team. The few times we've been fortunate to see him play, he has been more than expected.

Good to read on Van Smith. I watched him on youth day and

Apr 7, 2016, 11:47 AM

he was beat several times in the skeleton drills by a few different receives. I fully trust BV so glad to see I saw a bad day.

I also really wish Cain was out there so these DB's would be going against top speed players; not saying the others are slow at all but Cain's speed and movement are unmatched by other WR's we have.

Re: Good to read on Van Smith. I watched him on youth day and

Apr 7, 2016, 9:47 PM

Going against Hunter Renfrow and Artavis Scott will be as tough a WR as they will go against through the season!!!

Apr 8, 2016, 12:18 AM

First published positive on Tanner Muse! It's about time! I hope to see him get some snaps on Saturday and I'm really thrilled with Van Smith. For Coach V to say you're doing it right, you must be.

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,272
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic