Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Venables not asking for pity after hectic schedule, Lamar Jackson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: Venables not asking for pity after hectic schedule, Lamar Jackson

Oct 6, 2016, 7:01 AM

Venables not asking for pity after hectic schedule, Lamar Jackson

Brent Venables walked into Tuesday’s interview session in the WestZone, his raspy voice and tired gait showing the strain of a few weeks of late nights, weird start times and a quarterback named Lamar Jackson. But he's not asking for pity. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love the pic with Coach V in the background!!***

Oct 6, 2016, 7:35 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Venables not asking for pity after hectic schedule, Lamar Jackson

Oct 6, 2016, 8:19 AM

Right, great pix. You can see he truly takes the reps with his guys!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SB Nation reporting: "...Clemson DC actually played against

Oct 6, 2016, 12:52 PM

..Louisville last Saturday night...."...

Re: New Story: Venables not asking for pity after hectic schedule, Lamar Jackson

Oct 6, 2016, 8:25 AM

Oh if we could just get coach V fired up and out of his shell. (sarcasm). He is amazing. One of the best

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2016, 8:35 AM

I'm trying to recall when Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, or any of the other top ten teams had such a crappy schedule. Has 'bama ever played on Thursday night? How about LSU? Georgia? When is it the SEC's turn to play a Thursday or Friday night game and have a short week twice in one season? This has got to be the schedule from down below. Enough is enough. We don't need to be the football cash cow for the ACC!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2016, 11:48 AM

How do you think Alabama feels to be the cash cow of the SEC? And Florida State of yester-year? You're either the top or the rest. What would you prefer?

Oct 6, 2016, 1:55 PM

I think that ESPN has a lot to do with it and that our ACC commish won't stand up for us. And where is our AD in all of this? I'm sorry, but being the cash cow doesn't mean we have to be screwed with our schedule every year. So when do we get a home Thursday night game? How long has it been since that happened?

Oct 6, 2016, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables not asking for pity after hectic schedule, Lamar Jackson ]

I know this is just anti Swofford's ACC thinking, but it's not my fault bc I believe he has pulled a lot of underhanded BS with us over the years. But, am I the only one that feels that our schedule has a Swofford connection with us playing such a crazy schedule trying to get us off balanced by screwing with schedule times and dates. Probably not, but I'm always looking for Swofford to throw some kind of crap in the game where Clemson is concerned....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point. I did some research...

Oct 6, 2016, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables not asking for pity after hectic schedule, Lamar Jackson ]

The last time Bama played on Thursday was 2010 against Ga. St. It was moved to Thursday to give them additional time to prepare for Auburn on Friday of the following week. Interestingly enough, that was the year that the Coots beat them.

So... they do it if it works for them, otherwise, Satan says "no".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Oct 6, 2016, 9:30 AM

I am glad Coach V is not afraid to talk about the 5 turnovers. Watson is not and should not be beyond reproach. Some times I feel like they are afraid to criticize him. Also, while I am on my box, I wish Watson would stop that superman/shooting the bow and arrow stuff! Too much like Cam and look at the Panthers this year. Just be a team player and play the dang game! If we want a show, we would go to the theater. Clemson Tough. That's the way we are built!

Oct 6, 2016, 12:31 PM

Not all the turnovers were on Watson. Not even all the INTs were on Watson. IIRC two of the INTs were off drops by receivers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jesus, let kids enjoy playing the game.***

Oct 6, 2016, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables not asking for pity after hectic schedule, Lamar Jackson ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2016, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables not asking for pity after hectic schedule, Lamar Jackson ]

I agree. One of the NFL players was fined $10,000 this week for the bow and arrow thing, and he was on the sidelines when he did it. It's been banned in the NFL.

Oct 6, 2016, 1:04 PM

Is anyone asking the Louisville DC questions about how they got 5 turnovers and STILL gave up 5 TD passes to Watson and 42 points??????? Sheeeesh....I wonder.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic