Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney wants fans to show up for spring game so Clemson isn't internet laughingstock
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney wants fans to show up for spring game so Clemson isn't internet laughingstock

Apr 10, 2018, 9:22 AM

Swinney wants fans to show up for spring game so Clemson isn't internet laughingstock

Clemson’s facilities and talent will be on full display Saturday afternoon for the annual Orange and White Game, and head coach Dabo Swinney is excited. He also doesn’t want to look like the village idiot. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Swinney so Clemson isn't internet laughingstock

Apr 10, 2018, 9:33 AM

iF HE NEEDS VILLAGE IDIOTS tNET HAS PLENTY THEY COULD SUPPLY

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2018, 9:45 AM

DO PEOPLE NOT REALIZE DABO WAS TAKING A SUBTLE JAB AT THE COOTS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2018, 10:39 AM

They are now a women’s basketball school so of course they don’t care about football anymore. They should just create a womens football team so they finally win a National Championship in football. ??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2018, 11:14 AM

They will never win a NC in FB with men or women. They have proven over a hundred years of playing FB that NC's isn't in their football DNA!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2018, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Swinney so Clemson isn't internet laughingstock ]

Will you volunteer, or wait to be pointed out;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you split QB's

Apr 10, 2018, 9:48 AM

My thoughts are, you put the two that are in the closest battle on the same team so you can judge them with the same team, going against the same competition. So, if 1 and 2 are closest, they go on the same team, if 2 and 3 are closest you put them on the same team.

That is my "expert" opinion, any other thoughts from the expert coaches on t-net?

Re: How do you split QB's

Apr 10, 2018, 10:08 AM

My "expert" opinion is that I have no opinion and my opinion on your opinion is that I agree. I hope I was clear on that.

Youre not allowed to have an opinion on FB

Apr 10, 2018, 10:42 AM

If you do, youre a coot.

*TNET***

Apr 10, 2018, 10:42 AM

I love Dabo, but

Apr 10, 2018, 10:52 AM

How would a lower-than-expected turnout for a SCRIMMAGE during inclement weather be disappointing and made a laughing stock?

I don't buy it.

Actually somewhat disappointed with Dabo. He knows #### well if this were a game our fans will show up rain, sleet, or snow. Have for years, even when he wasn't winning. Can't say the same for Brownell and our other programs.

Just seems a little bit greedy and over the top to give our fan base an ultimatum that we will be a national embarrassment if we don't show up.

Id say we have been doing our part just fine during his tenure. And then some. He need not worry.

Re: I love Dabo, but

Apr 10, 2018, 11:29 AM

I think that Dabo feels that he has given Tiger Nation what we have longed for and prayed for since Danny Ford and more. I think that he also feels there is no better way to show the FB people all over the country just how much Tiger Nation appreciates what he has done at Clemson better than packing the stands at a spring game that is meaningless to every one but the Clemson coaches and Clemson fans. There is nothing wrong with asking Tiger fans to show up at a free game that means a lot to him, and to give him something to brag about with everyone he knows in the FB world and at the fall ACC coaches get together. If I was able to make that trip, I would be there bc, I have made that trip plenty of times when we weren't going to be no where as good as we will be this coming season!!!

The weather is suppose to be in Clemson 79 with a 40% "CHANCE" of scattered showers, but the biggest threat of rain isn't until Sunday. The chances of not seeing any rain on Saturday is better than actually seeing rain!!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

"""""THIS""""***

Apr 10, 2018, 11:48 AM

Tiger/Terrier

Apr 10, 2018, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: I love Dabo, but ]

The spring game matters to many of the players and possible future players that are in attendance.

^^^^^^THIS is RIGHT ^^^^^^^

Apr 10, 2018, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I love Dabo, but ]

Awoffordterrier said it right. ^^^ this ^^^. Nothing more to say. Hope you get enough TU to be potd!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As one of those who has been longing and praying since the

Apr 10, 2018, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I love Dabo, but ]

Danny Ford days, I am 100% aligned with this post!!

POTD imo

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This was more of a "Jab" at the Coots than anything

Apr 10, 2018, 11:51 AM [ in reply to I love Dabo, but ]

I think when you have recruits on hand a passionate fan base that shows up for a Spring Game in good numbers, it can influence said recruits. Lets imagine you are a high school recruit choosing between 2 schools. One has 50k show up to their spring game, the other has 15k at theirs. All things being equal, I bet the school with the 50k comes out on top. And if you do not believe me just ask Xavier Thomas. He committed to the Tigers on April 8th, after seeing both the Coots and Clemson's Spring games. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not.

Re: This was more of a "Jab" at the Coots than anything

Apr 10, 2018, 2:30 PM

The first year that Kirby Smart was at Georgia, he asked fans to come and the place was completely full.

I would be there, but I live over a 1,000 miles away and it will be televised. I was trying to get a retired former head coach to go with me and get him to tell me what he thought of each player, but he can't go.

Re: This was more of a "Jab" at the Coots than anything

Apr 10, 2018, 3:09 PM

Well said and you’re exactly right and the fans backed him and that’s before he did anything.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Says the guy who won't be there Saturday....

Apr 10, 2018, 1:00 PM [ in reply to I love Dabo, but ]

Just a hunch ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Apr 10, 2018, 1:01 PM [ in reply to I love Dabo, but ]

That's just Dabo's way to try and get our fans to show up. Dabo and the coaching staff have turned us into a National power, I'd love to see us fill the stadium like Georgia and Alabama do most years for their games. It would make a great impression on the current players and the recruits at the game.

This isn't really the salient criticism

Apr 10, 2018, 1:21 PM [ in reply to I love Dabo, but ]

It doesn't matter whether the spring game doesn't matter or whether there's bad weather. It matters that we have to recruit against schools that are going to have huge crowds at their games. You're arguing what you think things SHOULD be like, not what they ARE like.

The more important point to make is that Clemson fans have actually been showing up in droves for this meaningless practice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My issue is with the ultimatum

Apr 10, 2018, 2:01 PM

So if we don't show up for this scrimmage in similar #s to other major programs (with much more $ and bigger fanbases) then we are an embarrassment?

I just think it was a it a bit much. We get it, they want people to show up in Clemson and spend $.

But no, we will not embarassment if we don't fill the stadium to capacity for a glorified scrimmage on a not-so-sunny day.

I'll be there. The family will be there. But I'm certainly not going to allow the attendance of our spring take come to define our fanbase.

Nobody will care lol.

Re: My issue is with the ultimatum

Apr 10, 2018, 10:32 PM

I have to think Dabo was laughing when he said this.

Re: This isn't really the salient criticism

Apr 10, 2018, 2:32 PM [ in reply to This isn't really the salient criticism ]

Football is never meaningless. It's months until the next real game so this is all we have.

CDS is saying SHOW UP and HELP ME with RECRUITING

Apr 10, 2018, 2:47 PM [ in reply to I love Dabo, but ]

in a way that is allowed .....

And show the nation AGAIN what the Clemson Family is all about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

That's what I got out of it too..

Apr 10, 2018, 3:44 PM

Certainly are a bunch of triggered folks on here.

GO TIGERS!!

Re: CDS is saying SHOW UP and HELP ME with RECRUITING

Apr 10, 2018, 3:50 PM [ in reply to CDS is saying SHOW UP and HELP ME with RECRUITING ]

in a way that is allowed .....

And show the nation AGAIN what the Clemson Family is all about.

POTD

Apr 10, 2018, 6:10 PM [ in reply to I love Dabo, but ]

I mean isn't the best seat in the house watching it on tv?? Replays, slo-mo, etc?? Of course!

Everything matters

Apr 11, 2018, 7:34 AM [ in reply to I love Dabo, but ]

That’s why he is successful.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With live TV and all....

Apr 11, 2018, 4:01 PM [ in reply to I love Dabo, but ]

Would be nice to see 70K+ in the Valley this WE.

Not really sure when Clemson fans haven't shown up

Apr 10, 2018, 1:19 PM

Maybe we don't have 90,000 there like at some schools where people are insane, but didn't we have 40,000 last year? That's got to be one of the better crowds in the country. I guess he's responding to some negative recruiting or something.

Re: Not really sure when Clemson fans haven't shown up

Apr 10, 2018, 1:25 PM

We reported having 50k but it looked closer to 40k to me. Still a spring game record for us.

Apr 10, 2018, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Not really sure when Clemson fans haven't shown up ]

Yes sir, I think that we all are smart enough to know that coaches will use how passionate a fan base is about their schools FB program as a recruiting tool for them, and they surely will use it against other teams that don't have a large fan base turn out at a spring game. I'm not going to swear that it's a great recruiting tool, but it is when being used against you....

Apr 10, 2018, 3:27 PM

Well said again. Curious why they say you’re not going to be there... think anyone that can will be. Shoot 8 years I lived in the area, I went to every thing I could. ???????? Even fencing once.

Y’all remember when we were awesome in fencing. Didn’t we get a natty or was close to one.

I’ll be there! Let’s go Tigers!!***

Apr 10, 2018, 2:21 PM

Re: New Story: Swinney wants fans to show up for spring game so Clemson isn't internet laughingstock

Apr 10, 2018, 3:43 PM

Here are the numbers according to TigerNet. In 2015 the attendance was 37,000. In 2016, 50,500. 2017 saw 60,000 fans. Top 10 of all schools the past 2 years. Ohio State was #1 last year with just over 80,000. Dabo knows this and also knows we will show up. I agree he is probably poking fun at the boys down state who have a hard time getting their fans to risk their necks going to the stadium when there is not a large police presence.

Without the QB's going live, will it be two-hand touch?

Apr 10, 2018, 6:01 PM

At least on QB's?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney wants fans to show up for spring game so Clemson isn't internet laughingstock

Apr 10, 2018, 9:37 PM

The title sounds like Coach was referring to crowd not making Clemson look like village idiots on the internet, but to me he was referring to the coaching staff having all of their ducks in a row with the team divided up equally and coaches getting their newly assigned teams ready

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

That's exactly what he was talking about! Some folks

Apr 10, 2018, 11:05 PM

reading comprehension is a bit lacking!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2018, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney wants fans to show up for spring game so Clemson isn't internet laughingstock ]

Your exactly right Jean, I can’t believe anyone read it any other way!!

Message was edited by: HumbleServant®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I used to hear that if our spring game was not on the same

Apr 10, 2018, 11:10 PM

Weekend with the masters we would have 70’000 fans there. They changed it this year and I’ve heard no mention as to how thankful we should be it’s not on masters weekend.

This will be our biggest group of recruits in many years, we need to be there to support our Tigers in recruiting and conditioning the younger players. I believe we could all show that we have the best BEST football program in all of college football!

We have a huge group from Winston Salem area going to watch our Tigers and KJ Henry play on Saturday. Better get there early if you want a good seat in the upper deck!!

Go Tigers!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Seems to be poking fun at the Coots, but Auburn too I think

Apr 11, 2018, 1:51 AM

https://ugawire.com/2018/04/09/watch-auburn-releases-spring-game-highlights-featuring-very-minimal-fan-support/

Apr 12, 2018, 5:31 PM

Does anyone know how much it cost for the tickets for the Orange White game?

Apr 12, 2018, 6:03 PM

yes, free

Apr 12, 2018, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney wants fans to show up for spring game so Clemson isn't internet laughingstock ]

F R E E! ! !

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic