Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Leggett discusses his future with candid comments following loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

New Story: Leggett discusses his future with candid comments following loss

May 30, 2015, 11:47 PM

Leggett discusses his future with candid comments following loss

Clemson head coach Jack Leggett talked to the media following Saturday's loss to Pepperdine in the NCAA Regional, and he had some candid comments about his future and the state of the program. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really Jack?? 5%? lol lol...i would say it is quite

May 30, 2015, 11:52 PM

a bit higher and I am part of it...

Kriegers words speak more to me than the 5%'s

May 30, 2015, 11:57 PM

here............ a lot of people here cant spell baseball. much less play it.

Re: Kriegers words speak more to me than the 5%'s

May 31, 2015, 5:50 PM

5%???????????? try 90%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats closer!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5% of America's population?

May 31, 2015, 12:04 AM [ in reply to Really Jack?? 5%? lol lol...i would say it is quite ]

That seems about right.

~JKB

^ Also part of the 5% that can't read

May 31, 2015, 12:52 AM [ in reply to Really Jack?? 5%? lol lol...i would say it is quite ]

That was last year, they are comparing the end of season interviews to show he was a lot less confident about his future this time around.

Yes - many just don't re-post the same arguments everyday***

May 31, 2015, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Really Jack?? 5%? lol lol...i would say it is quite ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really Jack?? 5%? lol lol...i would say it is quite

May 31, 2015, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Really Jack?? 5%? lol lol...i would say it is quite ]

sure is more than 5%.... Jack should try 75% MINIMUM

Personally, I do not believe it is that high of a %.....JMHO***

May 31, 2015, 5:29 PM

Re: Really Jack?? 5%? lol lol...i would say it is quite

May 31, 2015, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Really Jack?? 5%? lol lol...i would say it is quite ]

I hope that your resume is as good as Jack's.Maybe when the
eight ball rolls,you will be judged the same way.Maybe you
will be on unemployment.I hope not but let the powers that
be, critique Jack's record and future,without all of you
gang bangers jumping on the man.Thankyou Jack,for all you
have done in coaching.I hope you go somewhere that you are
appreciated and not kicked when the chips are down.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The 5% quote was from LAST YEAR!!! Focus on what he said

Jun 1, 2015, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Really Jack?? 5%? lol lol...i would say it is quite ]

this year.

Apparently, if you are unhappy with this program you're just a whiny 5%er.***

May 30, 2015, 11:52 PM

Quack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

More like a whiny twenty five percenter***

May 31, 2015, 1:03 AM

Re: New Story: Leggett discusses his future with candid comments following loss

May 30, 2015, 11:57 PM

Spoken like a coach who's as good as gone.

Why is the coach Leggett issue so polarizing?

May 31, 2015, 12:12 AM

I agree that it appears to be time for a change. However, coach Leggett is a class individual. He deserves a level of respect from Clemson fans. He will more than likely step aside. The man is a true Tiger in every sense. His players learn from him on and off the field. The man is and will continue to be an ambassador for our university. Folks are free to their opinion but I for one think he knows he has fought the good fight, developed players and coaches and hope that he knows that the majority of Tiger fans appreciate what he has meant to Clemson University.

Re: Why is the coach Leggett issue so polarizing?

May 31, 2015, 7:48 AM

i really don't believe there is very many of the fan base that does not appreciate the job Coach Leggett has done at Clemson. If so, then shame on them.

It just seems that we need some new blood. we have gone downhill the last few years, and did not really deserve the bid this year.

with facilities in place, fresh blood recruiting and coaching, we can turn this around quickly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's turning into our Bobby Bowden - *minus* the championships.***

May 31, 2015, 8:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I've said that for yrs. because he doesn't know when to

May 31, 2015, 12:58 PM

retire

If he had Clemsons interest at heart, he would have already

May 31, 2015, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Why is the coach Leggett issue so polarizing? ]

retired like his predasesser knew when to

May 31, 2015, 12:12 AM

Still arrogant and full of himself as usual.

null

To be fair...

May 31, 2015, 5:53 AM

the first comments were from last year.

Jun 1, 2015, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Leggett discusses his future with candid comments following loss ]

How so? Is that your problem with Jack

Jun 1, 2015, 9:01 AM

No my problem with Jack is poor fundamental baseball poor coaching and lack of championships.

Same as I have always said.

null

May 31, 2015, 12:35 AM

Leggett has continued a winning tradition with Clemson and the people who don't attend games or look at our program based on if we Win National Championships should just keep their mouth shut. If I was recruit and read these boards I would never come here based on your ignorant comments knowing if I'm in a slump you would turn on me. Give the guy credit with what he has done. He is a HOF college coach and will support Clemson for many years after his last game hopefully a few years away.

May 31, 2015, 12:38 AM

Going down with the ship is admirable.

Sorry you dont like good Baseball and accept one championship in two decades.

null

May 31, 2015, 12:40 AM

All you who have constantly wanted Jack fired fail to understand that he has been behind the eight ball for awhile now. Yet he continues to get our program to the tournament year after year. We as Clemson fans want to believe that our program has had the same advantages as other elite college progams have had. Well your wrong. Other programs have had far better facilities than us and have been able to charge in state tuition to out of state players. Most college players do not have full rides. Which makes a lot of out of state prospects to clearly look elsewhere. Which Jack clearly talks about and has in the past. He has been trying to fix this problem for awhile now. Its good to finally see that Clemson is finally moving in that direction. Let's give good ole Jack a few more years to see if this equal playing field gets us back to Omaha. If not by all means fire him. But to fire a Hall of Fame coach who is in the top ten in career wins. Sounds crazy to me given he has been behind the eight ball for awhile now.

May 31, 2015, 12:42 AM

Hey look another low post count SCOCK comes out of hiding with more excuses.

null

May 31, 2015, 12:45 AM

Clemson grad 2002.....been lifelong Clemson fan as long as I can remember. Played for Jack from 1998 to 2002. Yep your right clearly a coot fan. Idiot.

May 31, 2015, 11:19 PM

People on here are constantly talking about how arrogant, unlikable etc jack is with his players and that no former player has any respect for him. Every player that I have met at games, off field, on various media venues speak quite differently and hold Jack in high esteem and actually enjoyed playing for him. Everyone wants to win and I don't think the coaches nor players ever think they are settling for mediocrity

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jun 1, 2015, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Leggett discusses his future with candid comments following loss ]

You are talking to a person that has NEVER played the game pass little league. He doesn't not attend any games other than maybe a football game here and there.

In his mind he is the biggest fan ever because he graduated from Clemson. He has some deep dark issue with Jack and will not man up and say what it is.

Jun 1, 2015, 9:00 AM

That is false on multiple accounts.

Can you try and stick to facts. I am sorry that I remain right about Jack Leggett and that you sadly put a man above the University.

null

Jun 1, 2015, 9:07 AM

What is false. Do you go to games? Are you a member of IPTAY do you buy season tickets to anything?

Jun 1, 2015, 9:17 AM

Member of IPTAY yes. I would like to give more but new child on the way, marriage, student loans, mortgage, and other expenses keep me from being able to give more. Sorry that I am not fully established in my life at 30 yet. I am sure you had been giving Millions to the University by the time you were 25.

I went to every Clemson game as a student in Basketball Baseball and Football.

What does attendance have to do with Fandom? I go when I can I have attended at a minimum one basketball game a year over the past several years. I usually attend a Baseball game or two a year as well. I go to a lot of Clemson Football games.

Are Tiger fans that live out west less of fans of you because you live closer and can attend more games?

It is also false about me not playing beyond little league. If anything your lack of knowledge of the game suggest that about you. I also have no dislike of Jack as a person so that is false.

null

Jun 1, 2015, 11:00 AM

When did you move out west? I thought you were in Charleston.

May 31, 2015, 1:00 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Leggett discusses his future with candid comments following loss ]

Low post count sure, normally just read and if you fully look been reading since 2012 and grad from Clemson in 2001.

May 31, 2015, 12:51 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Leggett discusses his future with candid comments following loss ]

That is the same propganda that is spewed out by The Clemson Insider. Other schools adapted to the new rules. JL did not. Fire him now.

May 31, 2015, 1:03 AM

This is clearly why I never post on here. And clearly why I want for some time. A lot of you seem to know the facts. Jack has been pushing for better facilities and equal tuition for years now. And hasn't been ashamed to say this to the public. The athletic department has all started to address the situation the last two years. Which is now just happening. Get your facts straight before you post. I am done posting and will be for quite sometime for the delusional fans like yourself.

May 31, 2015, 8:53 AM

I hate that you "graduated" from Clemson yet don't know how to spell you're and won't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2015, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Leggett discusses his future with candid comments following loss ]

Thank you for the reasonable and thoughtful post. There are way too few of those on this site. The vast majority of former players I have talked to support Jack and really enjoyed playing for him.

May 31, 2015, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Leggett discusses his future with candid comments following loss ]

I would hope a Clemson graduate would know how to use basic grammar such as the proper use of "won't".

null

Jun 1, 2015, 8:16 AM

That's all you got ? correct someones English on a sports board SAD

Jun 1, 2015, 8:44 AM

What is sad is you putting a man above the University.

Also this is great coming from the person who probably abuses the English language more than anyone else on the board.

null

Jun 1, 2015, 9:11 AM

I'm not putting anyone above anything

Jun 1, 2015, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Leggett discusses his future with candid comments following loss ]

Funny how that works for some people, including me... Seeing such grammatical mistakes is a pet peeve of mine. However, much to my chagrin, I once wrote a pretty long post on here and somehow let similar mistakes slip by. I obviously know the difference, but it seems like once I get my hands on a keyboard and start rushing my typing, such things happen. I think that with relatively inexpensive and fast electronic communication, we tend to spend less time on it than we should; if we were investing the time and money on a typewriter, paper and distribution, we would probably spend a whole lot more time proofing.

Perhaps the same can be said for the poster here - cut him some slack. If you look at the content of the post, it is reasonably informative and well-reasoned.

Incidentally, I have a BS and MS from Clemson.

Thats all 100% true, but

May 31, 2015, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Leggett discusses his future with candid comments following loss ]

it doesn't change the fact that we just need new blood. Jacks still a good coach, but we need an infusion of energy that Jack hasn't been able to provide. Sometimes organizations need change.

TDP is as much at fault as Jack. He's already retired.

Re: Thats all 100% true, but

May 31, 2015, 9:30 AM

good post. very true .however, it is past time for a change. I think deep down even Jack knows this. give him a big retirement party, name the 3rd base coaching box for him, put a plaque on the fence, give him a new Caddy and our thanks.

ALSO, if there are things that we can POSSIBLY do for the new coach that we did not do for Jack all of this should be done IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I know there might be some things that can/should be done(years ago?)so lets get them done NOW!

May 31, 2015, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Leggett discusses his future with candid comments following loss ]

Great point, but what is Clemson supposed to do if jack were 45 or 50 sure but a change is gonna come soon because of his age it might as week be now.

Re: New Story: Leggett discusses his future with candid comments following loss***

May 31, 2015, 1:11 AM

Re: New Story: Leggett discusses his future with candid comments following loss***

May 31, 2015, 1:19 AM

Thanks CJL for 21 years...time to give someone else a shot**

May 31, 2015, 8:52 AM

nm

May 31, 2015, 11:30 AM

Jack Leggitt has far more class than most of the people calling for his job. He has done a great job at Clemson & to reward a coach who has given his life to Clemson all I hear is a bunch of people who gripe & complain about any & everthing .

May 31, 2015, 3:00 PM

Oh he has not gave his life to Clemson.
Jack has been paid very well for over 20 years.
Not too many people in SC make over 400k per year.

Jun 1, 2015, 10:07 AM

not gave? not given.
So if someone receives remuneration for a job that means they are not committed to it? You are correct not many people make 400k also not many people coach College Baseball and not many college coaches have a record as good as Jack Leggett.

Jun 1, 2015, 7:44 PM

You got me on the grammar , I don't know what to do. I used the wrong word on a sports message board the sky is falling. Only a dork would be a grammar PO PO. You people that don't want a better Baseball program are not true Clemson fans.

May 31, 2015, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Leggett discusses his future with candid comments following loss ]

"Gave his life to Clemson"....

#### didnt know he was working for free.

null

I heard excuses:

May 31, 2015, 11:49 AM

The facilities will be a big factor.

Scholarships?????? might improve with the education common market????

The pro thing is always out there

Recruiting battles. Duh.

Sounds like he's tired of dealing with it and it shows.

Leggett discusses his future with candid comments following loss

May 31, 2015, 2:34 PM

Jack has done a lot for the CU baseball program, but it is time to take the next step. Why can't he see that and retire? Why is he ( like Bobby Bowden at FSU ) making the school/AD be the bad guys who force him out?

As much as Tommy Bowden aggravated me by never seeming to live up to the promise of the players he had and the expectations of the fans for football, at least he had the decency and class to step aside when it was time and recommend Dabo. Does anyone think that Clemson's football program would be where it is now if we had kept Tommy? I trust that CU will always have coaches who are of good character and teach all of the players on our sports teams how to grow into responsible and successful adults--to me that's a given. We should also expect winning traditions to continue and grow as well--I believe that we can have both...

Should be a short conversation since he has no more future

May 31, 2015, 2:57 PM

with the Tigers. Obviously his old school gruff & tough mentality has worn out his effectiveness with the younger players of today's world. There's not too many Augie Garrido's, Pat McMahon's or Ron Polk's out there that can still get away with that approach. The success of Tim Corbin and Kevin O'Sullivan prove that Jack has been "DONE" for about the last 10 years as it was his assistants running the show at Clemson when we were much more successful.

What I gathered in comparing the comments...

May 31, 2015, 4:11 PM

from after last year's regional to the comments after this year's regional. He wasn't as adamant or defiant. To me, it came across as someone who feels he's at the end of the road.

Obviously there's a lot of questions and no answers right now. Hopefully in the coming days there will be some clarity and hopefully whatever takes place will restore our program in the long run.

He may deserve to be gone, but some of y'all have crappy

May 31, 2015, 5:41 PM

negative attitudes. Let's see how it plays out as it is obviously not a decision we will make.
I am for CLEMSON either way, and that is the important thing. I wonder if some of you will be "all in" if the decision is to keep him. I can see both sides. We will have to be very patient with the new coach if that is the direction we take.

Agree. Sometimes it is not all about wins and losses.

Jun 1, 2015, 7:33 PM

I wonder how much better this team would have played without these NEGATIVE "fans", and I use the word "fan" loosely. I hate to lose as much as the next guy, but our baseball program has some really great kids representing CLEMSON so well. Win, lose or draw, all CLEMSON fans should support them.

If USuC had not won NCs, I wonder if you'd like Jack more.

Jun 1, 2015, 7:36 PM

USuc's NCs definitely put more pressure on Clemson AND their fans. But Clemson did better than USuC this year. We beat them head to head, and we made it to the post season while UsUc stayed home.

May 31, 2015, 8:19 PM

He beat game ##### that keep tommy Bowden around a year longer give one more year

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic