Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Johnson on looming QB competition: "It's why we all came here"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

New Story: Johnson on looming QB competition: "It's why we all came here"

Nov 18, 2017, 7:31 PM

Hunter Johnson on looming QB competition: "It's why we all came here"

Many teams around the country struggle to put one decent quarterback out on the field each week, and the Clemson coaches have to consider themselves fortunate that three good quarterbacks took snaps in Saturday’s 61-3 victory over The Citadel. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Hunter Johnson on looming QB competition: "It's why we call came here"

Nov 18, 2017, 7:34 PM

What three good quarterbacks are you talking about David?

More like struggling to be average.

Re: New Story: Hunter Johnson on looming QB competition: "It's why we call came here"

Nov 18, 2017, 7:37 PM

You have Bentley.....

We feel you Coot! ??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2017, 6:07 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Hunter Johnson on looming QB competition: "It's why we call came here" ]

LOL coots ain't very smart when it comes to cloaking.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2017, 7:42 PM

In my opinion, Johnson is clearly better than Cooper. No comparison, really.

Nov 18, 2017, 7:42 PM

In my opinion, Johnson is clearly better than Cooper. No comparison, really.

You can say that again!***

Nov 18, 2017, 7:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 18, 2017, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Hunter Johnson on looming QB competition: "It's why we call came here" ]

Beefsteak®

Nov 19, 2017, 9:22 AM

ClemsonZJ

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2017, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Hunter Johnson on looming QB competition: "It's why we call came here" ]

Agree 100% not even close...

But, coaches say cooper looks better in practice..... and that matters more then what they actually look like in real time game action??? Johnson has looked much more comfortable then cooper the limited times they have been in the game.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 19, 2017, 7:11 AM

If HJ had gone in for KB after his injury at Syracuse, there is little doubt in my mind that we would be undefeated! ZK is better in practice! Practice? Practice? Yeesh!

Nov 18, 2017, 7:45 PM

Is anyone else troubled by the reporter asking Johnson if he planned to transfer to a different school based on rumors from Tigernet? It seems very irresponsible and leading to ask that question based on an Internet posting.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2017, 7:50 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=22607786#22607786

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2017, 8:22 PM

Great minds....

It's good to be us.***

Nov 18, 2017, 8:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's good to be us.***

Nov 18, 2017, 10:18 PM

I'm bringing you to 70k for this comment alone... let me find some posts!! It is good to be us. Go tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Must have been Korn-coot

Nov 18, 2017, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Hunter Johnson on looming QB competition: "It's why we call came here" ]

But yea, shouldn't had went there.

Smart kid. Good interview.****

Nov 18, 2017, 7:45 PM

Nm

Re: New Story: Johnson on looming QB competition: "It's why we all came here"

Nov 18, 2017, 8:13 PM

Best stable of QBs in college football, hands down. Tigers blessed beyond belief.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a great attitude!

Nov 18, 2017, 11:12 PM

I was thinking today. It's funny so many people are not happy with how the BACKUP QB situation has been handled...myself included. Tbh I think Johnson is the best QB we have at the moment period but that is beside the point. I can remember not too long ago we as fans having actual worries. Hoping to win 8 games for a decent bowl. Now we really are spoiled. Kudos to the coaching staff for putting together a roster of players any team would want. And a group of young men we can all be proud of.

Ideal mindset***

Nov 18, 2017, 11:27 PM

It's a great problem to have - all of these QBs - however

Nov 19, 2017, 3:52 AM

I predict it is going to be pandemonium on this message board at the beginning of next season. Which pro scout was it who said TL could be starting for many, if not most, NFL teams right now? But does anyone think TL will start our opener next year? Put on your seat belt and pop some popcorn. Next September will be interesting.

Re: It's a great problem to have - all of these QBs - however

Nov 19, 2017, 6:06 AM

To heck with September. The spring game will have FIVE quarterbacks fighting for playing time. 3-4 stars and 2-5 stars.
I can't wait to be there to watch it. Out of the 4, I could see Cooper transferring simply because he is competing with the returning starter in Bryant, as well against TL and HJ. Brice is a winner as well. TONS of weapons coming back next year as well. We are in a time where Clemson is competing for the National Championship every year. Thanks Dabo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2017, 8:59 AM

Well, this mostly answers my earlier question on our embarrassment of riches at the QB position. Hunter seems to be all in on staying and competing for the #1 QB slot next year, Bryant should return,Cooper, Brice, Israel,TL on the way. Good grief is that loaded folks! Most places struggle at the backup QB slot and we have 4-5 stars battling for position, the future does indeed look very good for the Tigers from the REAL Death Valley. I continue to see rumors of BV for a HC position but in truth I am not worried, he seems to love being at Clemson as does his family, loves what he does and does not seem to be a move around kind of guy. Both his boys will be at Clemson so in truth I do not see him leaving till they graduate if at all. Stability at the Coaches positions is very important and it seems like under Dabo that is a priority, recruits love knowing the guys that recruit them will be there once they arrive. Toss in the great Upstate area and who could want more , I know Clemson and the surrounding area is why I moved here.

Nov 19, 2017, 9:03 AM

BV isn't going anywhere. His son Jake will be coming in 2018 and his younger son Tyler just got a Clemson offer as a sophomore, and he is as talented as Jake. No, Brent has the perfect situation at Clemson and I think ALL of us are happy he is here.

Nov 19, 2017, 9:35 AM

I agree, that said his name comes up often for HC jobs. I posted why I am not worried at all about BV moving on, I do think he is well aware the grass is not always greener and the sky is not always bluer. Sometimes you find a place that fits all your needs and there is no need to move on, I really think that for BV, he has found Clemson is that place. Same goes for Dabo and all the Bama fan talk of him leaving once Saban retires. Nobody in the right mind would want to replace a legend, you may want to be the guy that replaces the guy that replaced a legend. Plus, Clemson is Dabo's , he built it to what it is currently and has it on a sustainably path to success. He has built a legacy here, in his own vision and not many HC's get that in their professional life. We are very lucky to have all of our staff to include Scelliot as O coords. This continuity is why the recruiting pipeline is bringing in the talent each year to Clemson.

Some people can live comfortably on a million

Nov 19, 2017, 12:41 PM

dollars a year and don't desire 3 million and the stress that goes with it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HJ is clearly a better passer than KB or ZC. Maybe best QB.

Nov 19, 2017, 12:30 PM

HJ has basically thrown perfect passes with perfect placement, giving receivers the best opportunity for yards-after-the-catch every time that he's been in a game. He's smartly thrown 2 passes away.

Meanwhile ZC is a crappy passer. KB is mediocre. Those guys are inaccurate, or if they get the ball to the receiver, the placement doesn't allow YAC. Too often, KB fails to target (either by choice or inability to see) open deep receivers, opting to throw to a shorter receiver or just to run. So KB's PERCENTAGE numbers aren't bad, but his yards-per-completion numbers and passing TDs are very underwhelming.

One can't help but wonder what this team full of future-NFL WRs & RBs would like like if HJ had started game 1 or at least had started vs. Syracuse.

Re: HJ is clearly a better passer than KB or ZC. Maybe best QB.

Nov 19, 2017, 12:42 PM

Staying on? GREAT news!

With that attitude, we have a winner in the wings.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: HJ is clearly a better passer than KB or ZC. Maybe best QB.

Nov 19, 2017, 1:20 PM [ in reply to HJ is clearly a better passer than KB or ZC. Maybe best QB. ]

We could be playing for the conference championship and the playoffs...oh wait we already are

agreed. HJ is a stud. Clear to me he's

Nov 19, 2017, 5:18 PM [ in reply to HJ is clearly a better passer than KB or ZC. Maybe best QB. ]

Far and away #2. Arguably worth a shot at starter. I had him picked to be the starter by halfway into the season but admit Kelly has been a big surprise to me but HJ looks sharp and getting better and more comfortable. Hopefully he'll show his worth soon enough but as long as we're still winning....

Roar Tigers

As a fan, it sure is frustrating to......

Nov 19, 2017, 3:28 PM

watch HJ come in and be perfect only to see KB get the start the next week and claearly struggle. We are in great shape but I can't help but wonder what would happen if the better QB was in there. I know my blood pressure would not be as high every game.

KB is 10-1 as a starter.

Nov 19, 2017, 5:08 PM

His only loss is when he was hurt and left the game early. If that's mediocre, I'll take it.

What a great young man; must be a dream to coach

Nov 19, 2017, 5:52 PM

Hope he has a great career!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2017, 6:25 PM

Dabo doesn't play 5 star recruits because he knows he can't keep bringing them in so instead he uses them to push his stable of 3 and 4 star players.

The only exception is Defensive Tackle. That is one position you can't fake it till you make it.

Are all the coots this stupid or just the ones that post

Nov 19, 2017, 10:09 PM

here?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2017, 7:11 PM

Cooper threw into double coverage on all of his deep throws. He basically threw it up for grabs on his big play.

Hunter Johnson make the best read on each of his throws. Johnson also has the best deep ball. Much better than KB.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic