Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson Memorial Day: They lived and served and died so that we might live and serve
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson Memorial Day: They lived and served and died so that we might live and serve

May 28, 2018, 7:01 AM

Clemson Memorial Day: They lived and served and died so that we might live and serve

They lived and served and died so that we might live and serve. Those words echoed in my thoughts late Sunday afternoon as I walked through the Clemson Corps Scroll of Honor, reading the names and seeing the flags of the 491 Clemson alumni that have been identified who were killed from WWI through the current wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson Memorial Day: They lived and served and died so that we might live and serve

May 28, 2018, 7:18 AM

:( :)

Salute to Major Winters and all those who served

May 28, 2018, 7:52 AM

in such trying conditions. Never met a man who survived who felt he was a "hero". That word belongs to those for whom this day was established.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beautifully Written...

May 28, 2018, 8:14 AM

Very well done.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson Memorial Day: They lived and served and died so that we might live and serve

May 28, 2018, 8:15 AM

Well done DH. Memorial day is an important reminder of sacrifice for country. Too many paid the supreme price, and too many lost limbs and other grievous injuries but willingly went into harms way knowing the danger. Bless them all for their sacrifice. I da a lute them and pray for their loved ones.

Clemson Corps Class of 75

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SALUTE!

May 28, 2018, 8:29 AM

And Head Bowed in Memory of ALL who Served & Died.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Important article.

May 28, 2018, 9:19 AM

Well done.

Fair Winds and Following Seas

May 28, 2018, 10:45 AM

To the men and women who served our nation bearing the ultimate sacrifice, I owe a debt that I cannot repay. I served beside many men who gave up their lives so that we could enjoy ours. Many weren't even old enough to buy a beer, and many were Husbands and Fathers.

It is not a happy day for any of us who have served or lost a loved one. It is in fact a very somber day for many of us. Memorial Day is not about a holiday from work, or a Spring Time cookout with friends. It is a day of quiet reflection to pay tribute for those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for our nation. Please keep honor in the observance of those who have passed away in battle. Embrace your way of life and know that it is safeguarded by men who stand ready to pay for it with their lives.

“You’ve never lived until you’ve almost died. For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.”

For those who have lost a family member in combat, know that your loved one’s sacrifice was not in vain. It’s is well received by your fellow countrymen. We have the greatest nation on Earth because it’s greatest citizens are willing to die to defend it. My thoughts and prayers will be with the families of those whom we’ve lost. My reflection of course will be on some of the finest men I’ve ever had the honor of knowing who paid the ultimate price for America. As I reflect I will feel grateful to honor their legacy and their memories with close friends whom I served with.

Semper Fidelis

Clinched jaw, and distant eyes
I’ll never see the ghosts, that you cannot deny
Some think a warriors heart is made of steel
And because you were trained to kill, you no longer feel
But I know you mourn the lives you couldn’t save
You walk with Comrades in their grave
It seems to me, Warrior, that you’re still pulling guard
Heart and mind and soul forever scarred
Thank you, seems a small thing to say for the price of freedom you had to pay
For Warriors like you
Every day is Memorial Day

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

May 28, 2018, 10:59 AM

Incredible Article! How sad it is that so many folks will only see today as a day off from work - when they should at least pause to remember what so many have done for them! David, this article produces a potpourri of emotions: appreciation, boldness, celebration, heroism, patriotism, perseverance, reverence, respect, sadness, and thanksgiving! THANK YOU to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for us, those serving today, and for those to serve in the future!!!

May 28, 2018, 11:06 AM

My father was an infantry Captain who made three d-day landings during WWIi. Fortunately, he came home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2018, 11:18 AM

Super article - to all that served!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2018, 11:35 AM

So timely and appropriate- bless you for writing and especially for reminding us all of our debt to so many!

May 28, 2018, 12:43 PM

Great article for this special day. Would like to add the remembrance of Lt Col Jimmie Dyess, Class
of 1932, who was the only person to ever be awarded the Carnegie Medal and the Congressional Medal of Honor (posthumously). In addition I would like to ask for special prayers for Troopers of the 1st of the 7th Calvary that gave the all in the Ia Drang Valley in Nov. 1965.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2018, 1:07 AM

Spot on, Sir! I was in the Ia Drang!. The Scroll of Honor at Clemson is the most Hallowed Spot on campus. May it always be so.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2018, 4:22 PM

This is why I stand for the Flag because It's for my Class of "67
friends who didn't make it back from Nam like I did.

May 29, 2018, 4:17 AM

I had Col. Skardon for English Literature and he was definitely one of the top 5 profs I had at Clemson....and his class was not easy by any stretch. I learn more about him every time I see an article like this. Does anyone know if he has written any books? I'm sure they would be full of stories just like his class was.....and fascinating.

Great article...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic