Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Bring Your Own Guts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

New Story: Bring Your Own Guts

Oct 4, 2015, 2:14 AM

Bring Your Own Guts

Bring your own guts. That was the mantra head coach Dabo Swinney and his 11th-ranked Tigers preached all week, and those guts showed up in a big way as Clemson held off a late Notre Dame rally and stopped a 2-point conversion with seven seconds remaining in earning a 24-22 victory Saturday night in Death Valley. Matt Cashore / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Bring Your Own Guts

Oct 4, 2015, 3:02 AM

Yes the national media was licking their chops about us losing. This whole weekend was one big diss of the Tigers.
After it was over, they couldn't stop talking about ND. The Irish do deserve credit for their comeback, but give us some credit!
Besides every SC game, I have never wanted to beat someone so badly because of the disrespect by everybody.

Oct 4, 2015, 8:09 AM

Very well said. ND is a very good team. But we were better last night and fought harder! The entire media has a huge bias towards ND and OSU. Could NOT be any PROUDER of our Tiger players and Great coaches and all the Clemson fans who made it to GameDay and the game. #BYOG.

Oct 4, 2015, 4:40 AM

:)

Oct 4, 2015, 9:29 AM

CONGRATS TO ALL THE TIGER PLAYERS & COACHES !!!!!!!!!!!!! for all your hard work & ""GUTS"" in last nights victory !!!!!!!! __________There is~~~~~ something special ""in them hills"" !!!!!! GO TIGERS !!!!!!

Oct 4, 2015, 2:51 PM

Speaking of "BYOG" I think the Tiger fans did the same thing to weather what they did last night. The Tigers did and I'm so proud of them...Tiger fans lets be there for them Sat. I want to beat GT just as badly...this is one game we need to prepare just as hard for. Tigers again we need you to be "ALL IN" and again BYOG. We need all ACC games. "Love MY Tigers" Go Tigers...beat GT and take away their sting.

Oct 4, 2015, 3:04 PM

Sorry OC's, the decision to sit on the lead almost cost you the game...wise up before a team does complete the last field goal or 2 point conversion. I prefer Coach Ven.'s attitude...sloppy defense at the end and sitting on a shrinking lead does not cut it.

Oct 4, 2015, 5:27 PM

Not feeling it from the OC's either. We'll see what they do against Ga Tech - hope it allows Watson to show off his arm.

Oct 4, 2015, 4:14 PM

I'm glad that Jeff Scott was questioned on the offensive strategy. I feel a little better about it after reading his answer. I didn't get to watch the second half due to work obligations so I can't fault him. I also really appreciate Deshaun Watson showing guts and leadership with his comments. I think it helps the players down the road. Its a great time to be a Tiger fan!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, like the fact Deshaun called out Peake

Oct 4, 2015, 4:48 PM

on the play where he gave up on the ball in the end zone that led to an unnecessary turnover

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

I don't think it was a case of Peake giving up on it

Oct 4, 2015, 6:49 PM

It looked to me like he just didn't play it right. His momentum carried him backwards and he didn't give himself a chance to fight for the ball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: Agree, like the fact Deshaun called out Peake

Oct 5, 2015, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Agree, like the fact Deshaun called out Peake ]

Peake is not peaking right now. Should have tried to knock that ball away. They really miss Mike Williams. No long game. And the offensive play calling at the end was the prevent offense. It almost prevented Clemson from winning the game. Can't blame the defense for those two late touchdowns. They were on the field too much there. Same exact thing happened last year in Athens. Defense was on the field the entire second half and caved in in the fourth quarter. Earlier misses also kept it close. But a win is a win, and this is what's most important. Keep up the great work Tigers!!!!!!!

I think Clemsons OC's did a good job at first

Oct 5, 2015, 9:00 AM

But didnt do all that was needed in the 4th quarter, but then again im no OC so i cant fault them, just give my own opinion. Watson has been held under wraps this entire season since MW went down with his neck injury. They need to open him up & see what he is capable of this season.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic