Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New OL offer confirms torn ACL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

New OL offer confirms torn ACL

Jun 15, 2018, 11:12 AM

https://twitter.com/cooper15dawson/status/1007634568239894534?s=21

The unpredictability of recovering from a torn ACL and the lack of any senior film are two more big red flags in this recruitment.

I think the best thing that could happen for Clemson is getting him to walk on and earn his scholarship. If he has NFL potential like he's been told, then he will earn it quickly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: New OL offer confirms torn ACL

Jun 15, 2018, 11:26 AM

I agree with you but Dabo doesn't usually do that. Once he offers, he seldom pulls that offer. SEC and mainly Musscoot does it often but not Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Won't happen...

Jun 15, 2018, 11:40 AM

Didn't with Bockhorst, won't this time either....at most, he may end up redshirting his first year:
https://www.tigernet.com/update/recruiting/Clemson-commit-has-torn-ACL-injury-23518

Totally different situation.

Jun 15, 2018, 11:55 AM

Bockhorst was a 4*, blue-chip OG that had lots of P5 offers. Dawson is a 2*, outside of the top 1500, LB/TE (but too slow to play those positions in college), with only offers from small schools.

Snowflake Basher........Out

which is why they aren't recruiting him for those positions

Jun 15, 2018, 12:12 PM

he's being recruited to play OL and would have RS anyway to adjust to OL and bulk up. He wasn't going to have OL film in HS. The coaches were able to see in 1 session he had what it takes to play at Clemson....that's more than good enough for me. I'd be surprised if this guy isn't still a take and if he doesn't come to CU then it's probably because he'd rather play one of those other positions.

Re: Totally different situation.

Jun 15, 2018, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Totally different situation. ]

Wasn't Bockhorst already committed when he tore is ACL? This is a big difference but Dabo rarely missing when he offers someone. He has seen something in this kids ability. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He just needs to rub some dirt on it

Jun 15, 2018, 12:07 PM

it'll be fine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why in the world did we even offer this kid?

Jun 15, 2018, 12:08 PM

I mean...he’s a Mets fan...

Jun 15, 2018, 12:56 PM

Dabo offered him AFTER the injury

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2018, 1:13 PM

He injured himself at Clemson's camp so i'm going to go out on a limb and say he was offered before he got injured because they offered him on his performance during camp. You can look and see when he was offered but he definitely offered before it was confirmed he had an ACL tear now whether they offered before or after he got injured idk. Anyways Dabo isn't pulling this kids offer. If he wanted to commit tomorrow Dabo would honor it. For one if they didn't think he could help the team he would have never been offered but considering he is under weight him sitting out a year isn't going to be bad for him especially since he'll need at least 2 to bulk up. Clemson has been know to take a couple 2 and lower rated 3 stars and turn them into NFL guys.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic