Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Need help from fellow Tnet deer hunters.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 100
| visibility 1

Need help from fellow Tnet deer hunters.

Sep 2, 2020, 9:07 AM

I decided to take up deer hunting as a new hobby this fall, just in case football got cancelled.

Does anyone know where I can get a dog box for a Honda Ridgeline?

TIA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I do not***

Sep 2, 2020, 9:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Do not what?

Sep 2, 2020, 9:12 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I do not know where you can get a dogbox for

Sep 2, 2020, 9:13 AM

a Honda Ridgeline. Hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Then why are you here even?

Sep 2, 2020, 9:18 AM

To discuss the upcoming Clemson football season

Sep 2, 2020, 9:20 AM

You should try it sometime.

Listen coot, your knot the boss of me.

Sep 2, 2020, 10:05 AM

understand coot?

You have poodles and drive a Honda Ridgeline

Sep 2, 2020, 11:11 AM

Maybe this isn't the best time for name calling. Now get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich

I got news for you Mr Internet keyboard bully,

Sep 2, 2020, 11:43 AM

my knuckle sandwhich will render you completely feckless and inept.

Just like all the other posers that have tried me.

We're gonna have to settle this the old fashioned way

Sep 2, 2020, 11:52 AM

I'll see you in Gaffney, boy!

would you all like for me to pick up bob on the way?

Sep 2, 2020, 12:16 PM

cutigerbob®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No***

Sep 2, 2020, 12:33 PM

I don't think they need another poodle.***

Sep 2, 2020, 12:49 PM [ in reply to would you all like for me to pick up bob on the way? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Need help from fellow Tnet deer hunters.

Sep 2, 2020, 9:18 AM

You can't hunt out of a Honda. You'll get laughed out of the woods! Just like Rudolph.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey!! I hunted in a red convertible Chrysler in the 90's.

Sep 2, 2020, 9:23 AM

That was one heck of a four wheel drive!! I went every where they were able to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey!! I hunted in a red convertible Chrysler in the 90's.

Sep 2, 2020, 9:27 AM

The convertible makes sense. Sort of a stand on wheels. You can hunt and shoot from the front seat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's almost as good as the few times I drove

Sep 2, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Hey!! I hunted in a red convertible Chrysler in the 90's. ]

a Corvette T-top hunting and parked barely off the road - still aren't sure where I would have put the deer if I had shot one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why do you need a dog box?***

Sep 2, 2020, 9:23 AM

For my hunting poodles

Sep 2, 2020, 9:27 AM

HTH

No....it doesn't help. Are your poodles registered?***

Sep 2, 2020, 9:42 AM

I bred them myseff

Sep 2, 2020, 9:50 AM

so no

I recently saw a write-up about your skills.

Sep 2, 2020, 9:58 AM

Nice picture of you with the article.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I bet they look funny. Do they have hair like yours?***

Sep 2, 2020, 10:03 AM [ in reply to I bred them myseff ]

Groce is that not illegal from wherever the hell you hail?***

Sep 2, 2020, 10:06 AM [ in reply to I bred them myseff ]

NOt between 8pm Saturday-6am Sundays

Sep 2, 2020, 10:09 AM

HTH

Re: NOt between 8pm Saturday-6am Sundays

Sep 2, 2020, 10:17 AM

you're not from chesterfield county. That shyat is legal around the clock.

You have my attention.

Sep 2, 2020, 10:32 AM

I love me some good banjo music.

Standard, Miniature, Toy, or Teacup?

Sep 2, 2020, 9:55 AM [ in reply to For my hunting poodles ]

This is important.

I'm not familiar with any of those terms.

Sep 2, 2020, 9:58 AM

Sep 2, 2020, 9:28 AM

I don't believe they sell dog boxes for Honda Ridgeline's.

Personally, I think it would be easier to buy a real truck. :). I hope you're kidding...but if you're serious I stand by my answer. I've never seen/heard of a dog box for a Honda.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2020, 9:55 AM

I never could get excited about a front wheel drive pickup!

Let your dog sit up front with you. My Airedale loved to help me drive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me either

Sep 2, 2020, 10:10 AM

That's why I opted for the all wheel drive model.

Re: Me either

Sep 2, 2020, 10:15 AM

I bet your engine sits sideways. Does it have a drivetrain? I’ve never looked at them closely.

No the engine is in the front.

Sep 2, 2020, 10:33 AM

Just like any other truck.

Re: No the engine is in the front.

Sep 2, 2020, 11:12 AM

I’m sorry that I confused you. I just knew the engine had to be setting in the bed of the truck!!!’ All front wheel drive vehicles use a transverse engine or sideways mount and I wasn’t sure if the Ridgeline was like that. Since you own one I thought that you may know. Sorry for the confusion.

The dealer told me it had a solid front axle with a locking

Sep 2, 2020, 11:17 AM

differential, so you may be right.

Re: The dealer told me it had a solid front axle with a locking

Sep 2, 2020, 12:49 PM

That’s all that kept me from buying one years ago. Honda’s are well made and easy to maintain. I would have used it in the mountains where my work took me every day. I eventually bought one of the first Monteros to come on the market and it was an amazing woods vehicle. It was an 87 and I’m trying to find it now to see if I can buy it again! Had a few broncos and explorers and blazers and they weren’t worth driving home. They are made for mom to go grocery shopping.

Re: Me either

Sep 2, 2020, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Me either ]

Cool, different strokes. Appreciate you not getting pi$$ed, I thought you were joking.

Check out Tractor Supply. Good luck with it.

Misspelled "dear"***

Sep 2, 2020, 9:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Pipe down and mind your own bidness

Sep 2, 2020, 9:49 AM

runt

that's easy!

Sep 2, 2020, 9:32 AM

Toys-R-Us!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

I thought they went out of business?***

Sep 2, 2020, 9:34 AM

Re: I thought they went out of business?***

Sep 2, 2020, 9:38 AM

Toys-were-Us

good one***

Sep 2, 2020, 10:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Sep 2, 2020, 10:01 AM

First you need to get some of that Deer urine so they don’t smell the Tiger in the woods!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I already have five gallons.

Sep 2, 2020, 10:07 AM

Will that be enuff for day juan?

Re: I already have five gallons.

Sep 2, 2020, 10:13 AM

Just depends on how many poodles you can stuff in the Honda and if they are toy, miniature or standard?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let’s Go Tigers!

Luckily the Ridgeline has a class leading payload capacity.

Sep 2, 2020, 10:14 AM

Sep 2, 2020, 10:21 AM [ in reply to I already have five gallons. ]

This is my poodle Saila she is 1 year old. You wouldn’t get many her size in the Honda but you could put the urine in a 5 gallon sprayer and spay the truck too so you could hunt from it.

Let’s Go Tigers!

Deer Lowered. She looks ferocious.

Sep 2, 2020, 10:43 AM

On a ferocious scale of 1-10, I bet she is a solid 12.

Sep 2, 2020, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I already have five gallons. ]

HumbleServant that is a beautiful dog.

Sep 2, 2020, 5:42 PM

Sweetest dog I’ve ever had but a little spastic when she sees other animals, playmates in her mind. She doesn’t realize she’s much bigger than most animals...lol loves cats but the poor cats run and she thinks it’s a game, it never ends well for her...lol

Let’s Go Tigers!

Beautiful dog!***

Sep 2, 2020, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I already have five gallons. ]

Sep 2, 2020, 6:21 PM [ in reply to I already have five gallons. ]

I can custom build you one of those dog boxes for your ridgeline if you’ll supply me with some of that urine. The deer around here kick like HE dubble L when I try to get them to pee in a bottle.

Jeeez, what a bunch of dribble

Sep 2, 2020, 10:25 AM

and on the football bored, too

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Jeeez, what a bunch of dribble

Sep 2, 2020, 10:31 AM

The poodle would be yellow like our white billy goat is now because he’s in rut and turning on the ladies!

Go Tiger football! ??

Message was edited by: HumbleServant®

Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Jeeez, what a bunch of dribble

Sep 2, 2020, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Jeeez, what a bunch of dribble ]

Please don't bring politics into this.

TIA

This is one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever read

Sep 2, 2020, 10:32 AM

Everyone knows you use Labs to catch deer, not toy poodles.

SMDH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnZSTkycovg

Re: This is one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever read

Sep 2, 2020, 10:37 AM

That’s exactly what my poodle Saila would do....lol

Let’s Go Tigers!

Sep 2, 2020, 11:12 AM [ in reply to This is one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever read ]

It looks like you need a small soccer ball for a weapon.

Sep 2, 2020, 11:17 AM

It looks like I wasted thousands of dollars on a rifle&scope and all I needed was a small soccer ball.

It's a little known fact the gun and ammo industry try to

Sep 2, 2020, 10:41 PM

keep secret.

In these uncertain times, we need more encoraging

Sep 2, 2020, 11:44 AM [ in reply to This is one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever read ]

videos of racial reconciliation.

Re: In these uncertain times, we need more encoraging

Sep 2, 2020, 10:43 PM
LabPower.jpg(202.8 K)

Sep 2, 2020, 11:50 AM [ in reply to This is one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever read ]

Hey now my toy poodle is a better retriever than my lab! LOL

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2020, 12:25 PM [ in reply to This is one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever read ]

That is a great video. Is the deer a pet too? The deer and Buddy seem to like to play together. When I first got married my wife gave me a Lab we named Barney later that year we added a female and named her Thelma Lou! Labs are awesome dogs.

Buddy is a good looking well feed friend.

Sep 2, 2020, 11:49 AM

No self respecting hunter drives a ridgeline. That is why no dog boxes are available for them. I heard the dogs were offended by having to ride in the back of a ridgeline. if you want a REAL hunting vehicle get a KIA. Sheesh!

I had OP pegged as more of a Subaru kinda gal***

Sep 2, 2020, 12:15 PM

Why do you hate Thelma and Louise?

Sep 2, 2020, 5:53 PM

Sep 2, 2020, 12:10 PM

Find a really nice golf coarse. Get permission to Bow hunt in this neighborhood. Park your Honda near one of the greens far away from the clubhouse. Then wait for a group of golfers to approach the green. Several deer will walk out on the green. Make sure you know where your arrow may go if you miss.

You would not need a Dog Box just a really good bow with quality arrows and excellent heads. I could almost guarantee a deer every week.

The golfers may even give you a tip. Seriously they have become such a problem at one of our Country Clubs and the surrounding neighborhood that you can get special permission to bow hunt in this area. I hit my ball which luckily landed on the green. 5 deer walked onto the green and just stood there. I guess they were waiting on a putter. Lol ??

I believe some of the neighbors are feeding the deer watermelon. It’s like a dang family reunion on many of the greens. The deer seem to know when it’s Saturday.

It would be a perfect Situation for Bill Murray. Of course he may blow up most of the greens. Lol

If our state SC does not change some of the deer hunting laws you want have to go out to the woods. I live in a Condo Complex. One night I could not sleep so I decided to take out the trash. As soon as it hit the dumpster about 7 or 7 deer who were feasting on my neighbors plants came charging down the hill right by me.

I had to burn those PJ’s. They were 20 ‘ up the hill. I never saw them and they never saw me until my trash bag hit the dumpster. Now I make my daughter take out the trash lol ?? Not really but I keep my eyes open now and pay attention to what’s around me.

If you take up the sport buy quality equipment and I recommend going with an experienced hunter the first few times.

Good Luck!

Jul 10, 2013, 10:12 PM

You got it all wrong. Buy a crossbow.

Sep 2, 2020, 12:19 PM

Or a small soccer ball.

Sep 2, 2020, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Need help from fellow Tnet deer hunters. ]

They scared me so bad if I had my AR -9 MM it would have sounded like a war. I might have even shot myself or shot up a few parked cars. It was about 2 am and it happened so fast. Now when I go out when it’s dark I just make sure to carry a flash light now. Unfortunately we have Copperhead’s which love to crawl across our park area. Last week I walked up on one close to 2’ long. He went his way and I went mine. We live close to woods full of deer and several other wild creatures so you have to watch your step.

Thank you for the suggestion though, I will keep it in mind.

Sep 2, 2020, 12:15 PM

Walmart for the dog boxes. Target has got the best dogs to go in the dog boxes.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2020, 12:21 PM

Make your own, not hard to build. People think that you have to have a 4WD to hunt, not true! The best hunter I’ve ever known used to hunt out of a 72 Chevelle 4 door with a bicycle in the trunk and this is only going back 10 years. He’d park the car and coast through the logging roads and power lines quietly on his bicycle with his shogun on his back. He raised a family off of the land and hunted to feed them. He’d have pocketfuls of buckshot, squirrelshot, and duckshot as he called it and never left the woods without some kind of critter bouncing in the basket on his bicycle. He had bundles of turkey beards and feet wired together hanging from the rafters of his tool shed.

Sep 2, 2020, 12:33 PM

You got it all wrong again. You cannot hunt out of a 72 Chevy or on a bicycle. First you need a 4 door 4 wheel drive truck = $50,000, a good 4 wheeler $10,000, a good rifle and scope $2,000, a good bow $1000, a good muzzle load $1000, good hunting clothes $500, rattle horn cover sent exc. $200, good crossbow $1000, a good new tractor $25,000 and feed-seed $1000.
You need to go buy your meat from a butcher looks like or spend $100,000 just to get started.

this pretty much sums it up! but don't forget the land or the

Sep 2, 2020, 12:37 PM

costs to join a hunting club and the countless hours you spend getting everything ready. The shells, target practice, fuel, stand, cloth for the skirt, licenses, etc. It really adds up.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

Re: this pretty much sums it up! but don't forget the land or the

Sep 2, 2020, 12:49 PM

You are right. 100 acres of hunting land 500,000 - 1,000,000 dollars.

Sep 2, 2020, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Need help from fellow Tnet deer hunters. ]

I forgot plows, seeder and bush hog another $10,000.

Sep 2, 2020, 12:56 PM

I have all of that. Just bought a 25 HP tractor, disk and frontend loader, $22K. I was lucky my parents owned land, but it still costs to hunt. It will be worth every penny when I see MfOjr. take his first deer.

Sep 2, 2020, 12:59 PM

Me too.

Sep 2, 2020, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Need help from fellow Tnet deer hunters. ]

I bought a new 33 hp one not too long ago. We have had JDs for a long time but when I went to the JD dealer the tractors were made out of plastic I bought a Kubota still made of steel but who know for how long.

Sep 2, 2020, 5:14 PM

I like the orange color too. Looks good with white tiger paws on it.

Sep 2, 2020, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Need help from fellow Tnet deer hunters. ]

All you need to build your own dog box is a drill with a 3/4" bit. Drill a hundred holes in the cover of the built in storage box. With obedient dogs and some luck you should be able to get 2, maybe 3 in there. Oh, drill another hundred holes in the bottom of the box to facilitate cleaning it out.

Yore welcome.

Something is wrong with you...

Sep 2, 2020, 12:25 PM

I'm sorry I replied.

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Sorry is just the tip of iceberg when it comes to you bob.

Sep 2, 2020, 12:35 PM

All his lady friends are used to just getting the tip

Sep 2, 2020, 12:47 PM

Of the iceberg

Little late in the gam on that one

Sep 2, 2020, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Something is wrong with you... ]

aren't you Bob?

While you’re not the dumbest person I know personally,

Sep 2, 2020, 12:30 PM

You may be the dumbest person I don’t know personally.

Re: While you’re not the dumbest person I know personally,

Sep 2, 2020, 1:00 PM

First off, do they allow dog drives where you plan to hunt? Second, you will need a tracking collar for each dog. Third, dog drives usually allow only shotguns so one does not shoot the person on the next stand. If you want deer meat for consumption, you will need a separate freezer if you are serious. These are just thoughts from someone who used to belong to a hunting club and has friends that hunt all the time. Dog hunting in the Low Country is not big anymore like 50 years ago.

Re: While you’re not the dumbest person I know personally,

Sep 2, 2020, 5:57 PM

My Grandpa had Bird dogs and we used to use them to quail hunt & rabbit hunt. If one of them messed up he used to get so mad and we would die laughing at him which would get him even more upset he would call the dog a ‘it head.

My dad was a minister so we weren’t allowed to cuss so it would make us laugh even more. I’ve seen him shoot near them in anger, they cost him to much with food and training to hurt...????

We shouldn’t have gotten that much joy from hunting!

Let’s Go Tigers!

Have you tried D ic ks?

Sep 2, 2020, 6:20 PM

I’m guessing you probably have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpgbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I prefer not to frequent pawn shops

Sep 2, 2020, 6:24 PM

maam

Message needs to be edited by: classof1994®

You misspelled

Sep 2, 2020, 10:45 PM

"pawrn."

Re: Have you tried D ic ks?

Sep 2, 2020, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Have you tried D ic ks? ]

Thanks a lot! Now I have to clean off my monitor.

Re: Have you tried D ic ks?

Sep 2, 2020, 11:04 PM

TMI TMI

Sep 2, 2020, 6:24 PM

Best thread I’ve read on Tnet in months. :)

I’ll pray for you.

Sep 2, 2020, 7:07 PM

??

And the bored.***

Sep 2, 2020, 10:46 PM

Sep 2, 2020, 10:19 PM

Thats a custom job. Try Danny at Counts customs in Las Vegas.

Re: I KNEW I've seen you somewhere before........

Sep 3, 2020, 8:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Replies: 100
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic