Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
National Championship logo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

National Championship logo

Jun 24, 2017, 8:32 PM

Am I the only person that thinks our national championship logo looks like crap? I have of course bought the merchandise but the more I look at it the more weak it looks

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: National Championship logo

Jun 24, 2017, 8:37 PM

Agree it could look better used to not like it at all but it's grown on me lol

Jun 24, 2017, 8:40 PM

I hate to concur but....(slightly blasphemy)....... I love it!!!! ..........(But it could've been juuuuuuust a little better)........no I'll love it. CHAMPS BABY

Jun 25, 2017, 8:19 AM

Concur means agree

I can't stand it - looks cheap and tacky***

Jun 24, 2017, 9:04 PM

I never liked the idea of a single logo being "the national

Jun 24, 2017, 9:13 PM

championship logo". At first I thought it was the city of Tampa's logo for the national championship. Then I found out it was designed by a Clemson student. I wasn't a huge fan of it, but it is in line with the last few logos for national champs like Glendale, etc., something I didn't even know was a thing until we won. I have bought a ton of national championship merchandise. Some items have it some don't. I never bought something where that was the main thing, but on a lot of things it is on them. I probably will buy a white football and that is the main thing on that, but it also has the game score and schedule.

Bottom line, like someone said before, it has grown on me. I bought a hat that was the best has because it said Clemson and national champ and year on the front. On the side very small is that logo. It doesn't bother me. As time goes by, I'm sure we will all grow more fond of it as it is something that will always remind me of this great event. Bottom line, you can shop around it, or get plenty of good items with it as a side view. I sure hope they don't make that logo the stadium commemoration to the championship though. I hope we do something more along the line of FSU with their national championship signage within the stadium.

In the end, it has grown on me. And bottom line, you know you're having a good year when the big complaint is your national championship logo!!!

Go Tigers!

Re: I never liked the idea of a single logo being "the national

Jun 24, 2017, 9:21 PM

I agree in the sense I will wear anything that says Clemson and National Champion on it. Gamecock wife I think is growing tired of it

Yes, I can imagine. One other note, the logo for Bama's win

Jun 25, 2017, 12:00 PM

in Glendale is really plain. It doesn't even say Alabama. It has a big A and then crimson tide on it some where and it is almost completely red. It does have a cactus or two, which I think are cool because of the Arizona landscape. Ours has palm trees I guess for Tampa or maybe our state, but I think Tampa.

Re: Yes, I can imagine. One other note, the logo for Bama's win

Jun 25, 2017, 1:44 PM

The palm trees represents the fact that both of Clemson's national titles were won in the state of Florida.

That's cool***

Jun 25, 2017, 7:08 PM

Jun 24, 2017, 9:17 PM

You think maybe it's the purple (which has looked lighter lately)? The shape?
Orange and white was used more decades ago, but the purple has been used more in the past decade
again.

It was designed similar to previous ones, and apparently partially by a Clemson grad.

https://www.google.com/search?q=national+champions+logo&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjE7s7e59fUAhXDjz4KHfaHCNMQ_AUICigB&biw=1360&bih=634

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211490111

Jun 24, 2017, 9:22 PM

Yes! Looks much better in orange and white. Still don't like it really but much better

Jun 24, 2017, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: National Championship logo ]

yep this move to regalia is bs. first is basically a made up color. our official color is northwestern purple. It is much darker and more regal looking. Like the color Crown Royal uses

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it *used* to be northwestern purple. and burnt orange. And white.

Jun 25, 2017, 1:30 AM

Officially, it is now Regalia, Clemson Orange, and Fort Hill, but I get where you are coming from.

https://www.clemson.edu/brand/guide/color.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I think starting in the 1970's, the purple was used less

Jun 25, 2017, 2:40 PM

in football, maybe athletics (kind of turned to a navy blue in basketball), but appeared again later on academic stationary.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/forward-elden-campbell-of-the-clemson-tigers-shoots-the-ball-during-a-picture-id298015

One might notice that the donor athletic paper was named the Orange and White during that period. Most people seemed to like that better. When I was a kid, I don't remember the North and the South Stands yelling "Orange" and "Regalia" back and forth. *L*

However, I do remember around the time of the Clemson Centennial in 1989 that the president at the time Max Lennon, unveiled a new banner similar to this one:

http://clemson.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/18x24_Rafter_Banner/ProductDisplay?parentCatId=40364&imageId=980446&level=&graphicId=RV150818&categoryId=40414&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=13558&productId=400000085667&topCatId=40350

It brought back the purple briefly, as did the athletic department during the Tommy Bowden era, early 2000's with purple unis and pants. Don't really miss the pants as I recall.

Yes, All those logos look similar.

Jun 24, 2017, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: National Championship logo ]

xx

Jun 24, 2017, 10:34 PM

Agree...it sucks.

It's a heck of a lot better than the one you don't win***

Jun 25, 2017, 8:03 AM

null

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Totally disagree

Jun 25, 2017, 9:39 AM

I think the logo looks great and I love the story behind its design.

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211490111

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2017, 10:04 AM

I don't understand the hate. I think it's a nice logo.

Jun 25, 2017, 10:09 AM

It looks a lot better than the last two championship logos for OSU and Alabama.

I love the thing. If it had two dogs humping on it I'd love

Jun 25, 2017, 10:34 AM

it if reminded me we won another NC every time I saw it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Jun 25, 2017, 10:47 AM

Maybe we should give it all back then .
How dare a Clemson group help design our own national championship logo and do such a poor job , according to some .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 25, 2017, 1:30 PM

You are not the only person. When I first saw it I was shocked.

It looked like it was designed using basic software from the 80's.

It's pleasant enough....sort of back of a cereal box, 2 color drawing similar to a Fanta Orange Soda advertising.

I would have prefered a more Rolls Royce/Brooks Brothers classy thingy like our media department typically comes up with.

I thought this one was nice:

And this one:

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would have liked to have seen this one too

Jun 25, 2017, 4:09 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love it***

Jun 25, 2017, 5:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

It looks a bit cartoonish***

Jun 25, 2017, 5:32 PM

Well it's an illustration, so...***

Jun 25, 2017, 7:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jun 25, 2017, 6:08 PM
IMG_1208.PNG(102.3 K)
IMG_1209.JPG(131.7 K)
IMG_1210.PNG(98.1 K)

Here are the three so far from the playoff era. They're all in the same family of similarity, but each have their own identity. I don't have a huge problem with it. I'd rather what we have than some obnoxious logo that everyone hates. This will still look classy in ten years.

Well, I definitely prefer ours to the others. I am bias, but

Jul 4, 2017, 6:40 PM

even if I wasn't I would think it is right in line with the others.

Jul 5, 2017, 7:09 AM

I'm sure it will be tweeked a little for every subsequent natty. Maybe tnetters can have some input.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic