Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Turner, veteran Tiger defense taking ownership after sting of CFP defeat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

TNET: Turner, veteran Tiger defense taking ownership after sting of CFP defeat

Feb 25, 2021, 2:51 PM

Turner, veteran Tiger defense taking ownership after sting of CFP defeat

The Sugar Bowl loss to Ohio State left a bitter taste in “super” senior safety Nolan Turner's mouth and he knew there was no other choice -- he would return to Clemson for another shot at a National Championship. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NT

Feb 25, 2021, 7:26 PM

Turner is a smart player, he's worked hard and been a great Tiger on and off the field, and I'll pull hard for him in big 2021 games. But I'm ambivalent about any player on any team returning for a 6th year.

Is Turner asking himself how he can get faster, get more physical, and improve in coverage against talented WR's in his 6th year? If so, he has 3-4 games (UGA, possibly ACCCG, and the playoffs) to demonstrate his improvement. In games vs. the ACC where there is very little competition for Clemson, he is simply keeping younger, faster and more highly recruited players off the field and others from getting a scholarship. Would he take a 7th year, 8th year, how much is enough? It seems like this year is a coaching audition for Turner and Skalski.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NT

Feb 25, 2021, 9:39 PM

Gutsy post. When I first heard that NT and Skalski were coming back I thought it meant our undergrads are not that talented or just aren't ready for starting roles, otherwise Dabo would've politely told the those two to move on to the next stage of their lives. If the younger guys prove themselves worthy of the bulk of playing time this upcoming season I hope they are awarded it and JS and NT become Super Depth players.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NT

Feb 26, 2021, 9:59 PM [ in reply to NT ]

Dabo once said something to the effect of he would rather have a bunch of green but highly talented players up next vs. a bunch of not as talented seasoned players returning.

God bless them, these guys returning are certainly above average players but it's not like CW, AB, and CF returning.

Message was edited by: Iron4044®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Turner, veteran Tiger defense taking ownership after sting of CFP defeat

Feb 26, 2021, 6:11 AM

Got to have a more dominant D line. Won't win championships without it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Turner, veteran Tiger defense taking ownership after sting of CFP defeat

Feb 26, 2021, 6:38 AM

Agreed.

4-man D line...Don't think I've ever seen a "dominant" 3-man***

Feb 26, 2021, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Turner, veteran Tiger defense taking ownership after sting of CFP defeat ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMHO D-Line will be outstanding in 2021

Feb 27, 2021, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Turner, veteran Tiger defense taking ownership after sting of CFP defeat ]

Murphy, Bresee, and Davis are as good as it gets. Can a healthy XT bring that work ethic and fire in 2021? If he can, these starters will be a force. And hopefully, Henry & Mascoll can take it to another level, and DT's Capehart, Tre Williams and rook P. Page can play strong into rotation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2021, 7:14 PM

I like Turner, but he's limited as an athlete. We need more speed and athleticism at safety. It will be interesting to see if someone like Mickens will pass him on the depth chart becasue we're gonna need some athletes ready for week 1 against UGA.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic