Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ND loss to FSU heralded as some great achievement by all
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 934

ND loss to FSU heralded as some great achievement by all

Oct 19, 2014, 1:41 PM

the media.

Listening to all the "experts" on Sirius, etc, you would think ND's loss was like a win. Things being said like, "You can't argue that after last night, ND is definitely a top 5 team", etc, etc, blah, blah, blah......

I don't get it. We -Clemson- are the only team to take them to OT in the last 2+ years. We are the only team to statistically DOMINATE FSU the last two years (honestly, I don't know what the final stats last night were). At their place. And we lose several spots in the polls. ND goes down 3.....3!!!.....in the polls. What a freaking love fest for them.....

In addition, we control the game against UNC, leading most of the game by 15-20 points, and ND struggles and has to pull it out against UNC in the fourth. Also, I think we all would agree that Stanford has proven to be very average, now with 3 losses, and ND had to pull that one out of their butt, too (though there is a huge love fest for The Cardinal also which I don't get, but that's another story....It's called Stanfording, not Clemsoning, for a reason).

Finally, we lose to the current #2 team and #9 team (with Gurley) on the road and we beat BC on the road (which USC gets literally run over and dominated) and we are considered no better really than USC and we are 12 slots behind ND. I get it that we have one more loss than ND and wouldn't expect to be ranked higher than them at this point (because winning is the most important factor; no real positives in a loss even if it's close), but the shear lack of respect every year is draining to say the least. (BTW: don't give me that "Well, Famous Jameis didn't play against us BS...." Everyone has to play with what they are dealt. We could say "If Deshaun played the entire game, then we would have scored two more TDs, too" but you are what you are. Truth is, I think our D would have made Jameis look pretty silly anyway and wished we could have knocked the crablegs out of him.

Sorry for the rant, but anyone with any thoughts????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crab boy rapist didn't play against us.***

Oct 19, 2014, 1:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Crab boy rapist didn't play against us.***

Oct 19, 2014, 2:08 PM

What ifs......

As I said, Deshaun plays the whole game against FSU, we put up 2 more TDs and win going away. Nobody would be talking about FSU if that happened. But it didn't and you play with who you have.....As posted, I bet and know our D wanted a piece of JW who has looked just above average this year without the studs he had last year that made him look good at times. Our D would have made him look very pedestrian. (I hope everyone recognizes how good and special this D is.....our best in 20-plus years! Enjoy it!)

If your arguement is that the voters take into account who is on the field and is playing, then we should get much more credit for our two wins the past two weeks WITHOUT Deshaun, a freshman playing with other freshmen at key positions, who had a few "experts" saying before he got hurt that he was the best QB in the ACC, not Crablegs.

At the very minimum, we should be several (2-3) spots ahead of USC in the polls: they lose at BC -really, they get statistically dominated- playing with a full deck and we win at BC with our best offensive player out.

I just don't like the bias against us. It's been going on for a long time and is not fair when compared to other teams. Look at the history and the facts: We beat a good team, we get little reward (very few improved spots in the polls); but if we lose to a good team, we get creamed in the polls.

If we had done it against Winston, we'd get more respect

Oct 19, 2014, 1:46 PM

But we didn't, and it wasn't our fault.

They're a different team with him at QB. Without Winston, they lose last night. Potentially in a big way. Winston took over the second half.

The kid is an awful person, but an excellent football player. I just hope he runs out of Get out of Jail Free cards soon...

Re: ND loss to FSU heralded as some great achievement by all

Oct 19, 2014, 1:49 PM

You won't like hearing it and you'll probably just throw back a butt hurt response at me. But Clemson was ###### either way this season in the FSU game. If you win, out come the "No Winston" excuses. If you loose its "ya'll couldn't beat them even without Winston". The only real truth is this is a wacky ### season and who knows how good anyone really is. I for one don't think FSU is a top 5 team. And Clemson exposed their weakness. Oline pass protection, we all now know why Winston reads one maybe 2 receivers and gets the ball out in under 2 seconds.

Re: ND loss to FSU heralded as some great achievement by all

Oct 19, 2014, 2:10 PM

Wholelottacock: Excellent eval and I agree with you 100%.....

Our record does not tell the tale.

Oct 19, 2014, 1:49 PM

Clemson is one of the best teams in the country even though we are retooling our offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 934
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic