Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ND hangs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,548

ND hangs

Nov 1, 2020, 1:49 PM

31 on Tech. Compared with the 70 plus our Tigers scored (using subs) against the Jackets makes me think that the Tigers are not completely out of the game saturday. I know it will be DJ s first road game but I’ll be really disappointed if the guys in orange don’t play well. We don’t need to get behind early like we did against BC but I bet coach V has a good plan. Hopefully a few guys will get back in the lineup for this BIG game. The defensive backs will be tested but I thought they played pretty well saturday. The nation will be watching this game

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ND hangs

Nov 1, 2020, 2:02 PM

Maybe things will change but I expect ND to run the ball Saturday (80% run to 20% pass). Gonna test our D because they do have a good O line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 2:03 PM

Nice take. Way to be positive. Or is that passive-aggressive?

Nov 1, 2020, 2:14 PM

We have played two subpar gams in a row so it is time for another good one and we have played well on the road. With Tyler Davis coming back hopefully the run defense will stiffen as I expect. Coach Venables knows how to stop a running game and I think The BC QB is better than Ian Book and don’t forget we have played Book before and he was shut down. Now onto our run game. It is time to quit running up the middle because there is no push. Our offensive line can pass block decently but can’t run block at all. Need some misdirections or draws or sweeps. I am a little afraid that Notre Dame’s pass defense will slow down DJ and our wide receivers, but Travis E. is the wildcard along with Braden Galloway who didn’t catch a pass yesterday.

Nov 1, 2020, 2:33 PM

We have played two subpar gams in a row so it is time for another good one and we have played well on the road. With Tyler Davis coming back hopefully the run defense will stiffen as I expect. Coach Venables knows how to stop a running game and I think The BC QB is better than Ian Book and don’t forget we have played Book before and he was shut down. Now onto our run game. It is time to quit running up the middle because there is no push. Our offensive line can pass block decently but can’t run block at all. Need some misdirections or draws or sweeps. I am a little afraid that Notre Dame’s pass defense will slow down DJ and our wide receivers, but Travis E. is the wildcard along with Braden Galloway who didn’t catch a pass yesterday.

The BC quarterback was behind Book at ND for two years, but you may be right still.

Nov 1, 2020, 2:40 PM

Gip, CU D knows Ian well... Maybe they should have been starting the other guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 3:00 PM

Gip, CU D knows Ian well... Maybe they should have been starting the other guy.

Oh I agree. A lot of ND fans had called for Jurk at various points the last two years. Book is not an NFL qb and jurk may get a shot, at least as a backup.

True,but the BC QB had 105 yards passing after the first 7

Nov 1, 2020, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: ND hangs ]

minutes of the 1st quarter yesterday. He finished the game with only 204 yards passing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Offense will have no problem

Nov 1, 2020, 3:23 PM

In ANY other season, a freshman QB having his first road test at ND would be worrisome. Not this year with the COVID restrictions.

Hopefully the second half defense shows up at kick off. I suspect we will see them them play like the Miami game this week.

ND has not played an offense as good as ours.

Nov 1, 2020, 3:25 PM

Hopefully we get up quickly. ND isn't built to come from behind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 4:20 PM

Well my gut has me very worried about losing this one. The good news is, we never lose the ones I worry about. We always lose the ones I did not see coming at all. That was the case when we lost to Syracuse one year, and Pitt another year. I was not concerned at either of those 2 games. I am this on, mainly due to all the mounting injuries and covid. I feel good about DJ, but who do we have if he goes down. The bye the week after the ND game is badly needed. I will not use the injuries as an excuse if they lose, because nearly every team has injuries. We just have some very big ones this year...starting with Justyn Ross. Since the 2015 season, those 2 were our only regular season losses. The other 3 were to Bama in the playoffs, and Bama and LSU in the National Championship game.

They also Hung 12 on Louisville

Nov 1, 2020, 4:29 PM

One of the worst defenses I’ve seen in a while.

If we get Davis back I really like our chances.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,548
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic