Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ND NOW Ready to Join ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

ND NOW Ready to Join ACC

Oct 13, 2018, 11:44 AM

Is this the year they get left out of the CFP and realize they have to completely join the ACC for football?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ND NOW Ready to Join ACC

Oct 13, 2018, 11:47 AM

Not sure about that , but would it mean that another team would need to join along with them ? For balancing out the divisions .
I guess if they joined alone then football would need to go with a different format .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 13, 2018, 11:50 AM

I seem to recall there have been conferences with divisions that didn't have the same number of teams. Don't make me list them however. Ha. Put ND in our division.

Oct 13, 2018, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: ND NOW Ready to Join ACC ]

No.
ND would probably have to be placed in a division by themselves and the highest ranked winner of the other 2 divisions would play them each year for the championship.
I'm sure Swofford would be happy to agree to this.

Oct 13, 2018, 11:55 AM

Seems legit .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Are you crazy?

Oct 13, 2018, 11:48 AM

Why? Every talking head is saying they are in. Some even with a loss.

Talking heads don’t make that call

Oct 13, 2018, 11:52 AM

While I do think if they go undefeated they’ll be in, if they maybe dropped one and a P5 champ got in over them with 1 loss, maybe they’ll change their mind. Didn’t I see that they’re making less off their NBC deal than the ACC annual payout? That would be more of a catalyst for change I would think.

Oct 13, 2018, 11:54 AM

Why would we want them? Use them for an OOC filler and let them be on the outside looking in.

Oct 13, 2018, 11:59 AM

Prestigious university , historically prominent football school . Midwestern markets . Nationwide alumni base. Rich tradition . Another actual football stadium with dedicated fans for the ACC .

DB23

Yep... and we can drop WF***

Oct 13, 2018, 12:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2018, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: ND NOW Ready to Join ACC ]

We've already said we need them with this ridiculous arrangement kowtowing to them for football.

Oct 13, 2018, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: ND NOW Ready to Join ACC ]

They were invited to join and chose not too
The question is, given their present deals, why would they
If they go undefeated, they will be in the playoffs, but I f by some miracle they weren’t, we might see some seismic acfivity towards affiliation

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Oct 13, 2018, 12:12 PM

I think it would be for the same reason that brought them to us for the other sports. The independent route doesn't work anymore, especially with the playoffs. We all know they would be a great addition. Heck, unbalanced divisions or whatever, bring um in.

Oct 13, 2018, 2:42 PM

This is about money not pride, no way they give up the Benjamins to join the ACC even if costs them a CFP slot... its ALOT of money not a little bit of money, the contract with them is in place for a long time so they get their cake and eat it too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2018, 2:57 PM

The contract Notre Dame signed with NBC was great for it’s time, but not great by today’s standards. They make less than an average SEC team today, from what I have seen. If they join the ACC , the contract would have to be re-negotiated. I suspect it would be a win-win for ND & the ACC.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2018, 4:05 PM

Absolutely, Notre Dame should be in a conference, just not the ACC...seems the should be with Ohio State, Michigan..etc.

I do not like the conferences not being geographically centered. I would like to see the ACC stay the "ATLANTIC COAST" Conference.

The Big East dissolving was not good for football. It was really nice watching Big East football with Pitt, Miami, VT and the like.

The conferences are WAY too big now...also, no conference championship game..let it be decided in the regular season with ALL members playing ALL other members in their conference.

What would be wrong with (12) conferences of (10) teams each...? You win your conference and you are IN. The conference championship game is just an opportunity for a great team to be tripped up by one game. The (12) winners of each conference could still be seeded for the playoff. Give the top (4) ranked a bye in the first round.

I also get sick of hearing about the "Power 5", I say you are either DIV1 or not.
This works for us but not for other DIV1 teams who should at the least have a shot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

generated by sloganizer.net

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic