Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCSU could POSSIBLY be 8-0 when CLEMSON arrives there
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

NCSU could POSSIBLY be 8-0 when CLEMSON arrives there

Sep 10, 2019, 7:29 AM

BC will be their toughest test. Dave might be complaining that they are not a Top Ten team like he did last year if that happens this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCSU could POSSIBLY be 8-0 when CLEMSON arrives there

Sep 10, 2019, 7:44 AM

No room in the top 10. Its crammed with a bunch of over rated big 10 and sec schools. He will have to settle for 11 or 12

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 11:12 AM

In all honesty who would you put in their place.

If they were actually good, sure

Sep 10, 2019, 7:55 AM

Wont happen though.

this is probably 100% accurate***

Sep 10, 2019, 9:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: this is probably 100% accurate***

Sep 10, 2019, 12:23 PM

+1. Will be tough to do. They have several road games ahead of them, and I wouldn't be surprised if they come out with a couple of losses.

Sat, Sep 14 @ West Virginia

Sat, Sep 28 @ Florida State

Sat, Oct 19 @ Boston College

Sat, Nov 2 @ Wake Forest

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Anyone care to rank those 4 teams based on what they've

Sep 10, 2019, 12:50 PM

seen so far? I'm tempted to say:

1) Wake
2) BC
3) FSU
4) WVU

I think BC and Wake are pretty close. I'm just giving Wake the nod because they have better coaching and QB play. BC might beat them though as that game is in Boston. West Virginia has been atrocious so far this year...

Sep 10, 2019, 7:56 AM

Doren is a feminine hygiene product at best. I hope they are undefeated when we play and I do hope we crush the Puppies.

Sep 10, 2019, 8:04 AM

But it is NC State...

Sep 10, 2019, 9:17 AM

The problem with this is it's not how they do before they get to us...it's the train wreck they become after they lose to us.

Sep 10, 2019, 9:32 AM

Its possible but in reality they would be 8-1 , after we leave .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 12:14 PM

Quozzel below you is more on what I meant. They typically have a good season, 1 or no losses when they get to us. But after they lose to us, they tend to fall apart, losing several others afterwards and become worthless to our strength of schedule by the end. It's like they ride their whole season to beat Clemson, then quit caring about the remaining season (and post season) when they lose that one game.

Sep 10, 2019, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: NCSU could POSSIBLY be 8-0 when CLEMSON arrives there ]

The problem with this is it's not how they do before they get to us...it's the train wreck they become after they lose to us.

Yeah. This. Owing to Cream Puffery in their early OOC scheduling, NC State always seems to be around 8-0 when they play us.

Then they lose. Inevitably. Sometimes it's a squeaker, sometimes it's a blowout, but whatever, it always seems to signal the end of the Wolfpack's season. They'll end up losing 3 of the next 4 and then get blown out in a bowl game, finish around 9-4 or 8-5, and then rinse and repeat for next year.

At some point they really need to play somebody to start the season. It might give them some actual measuring sticks to gauge their team before they hit the meatgrinder and it's too late to do anything about it.

Last year was the year and then the WVU game got cancelled

Sep 10, 2019, 12:52 PM

due to the hurricane. This year WVU might be worse than ECU and Ball State. Wolfpack OOC schedule is turrible.

Nancy St. actually recruits well!

Sep 10, 2019, 8:00 PM

Nancy St. gets it's fair share of talent! I don't like North Carolina particularly except Charlotte and Willimington! But, I have to admit, the state as a whole produces good football players! The Wolfpack gets it's fair share. They have a new OC and their opponents haven't been all that great to date. But, they have talent enough to be competitive! Doreen does a good job of getting in these kids heads. Remember before Cuse came along and started scaring the daylights out of us; it was Nancy!
What was it: 40 seconds left and tied at 17 they miss a 38 yard chip shot FG!

They have enough talent for sure to be undefeated by the time they get to Clemson! The QB is really good! He plays within himself and within the offense and won't give you anything. Not as accurate as Finley; but accurate. Better runner!

I wouldn't be shocked if they are in short!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 9:48 AM

I lived in the Raleigh area for several years in the 80s / early 90s. It seems like they were always starting out something and 0 but collapsed at the end of the season. That said, this is the game that concerns me most on the remaining schedule. How many times has Nancy State played way over their heads when playing against us, esp. at their place? They seem to find a way to keep it uncomfortably close. We may need to take some laptops for an advantage.

I don't know that NCSU is

Sep 10, 2019, 11:31 AM

Any different than Syracuse this year...and perhaps, not even as good as the Orange.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: NCSU could POSSIBLY be 8-0 when CLEMSON arrives there ]

You are correct.

NC State motto: "With great excitement comes great disappointment"

It seems like any time they inch towards accomplishing great they somehow figure out a way to squander it is an unbelievable and extraordinary fashion.

Sep 10, 2019, 12:32 PM

Um

Sep 10, 2019, 12:34 PM

Later that night

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive