Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCAA will vote in January to change NIL, transfer rules
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,824

NCAA will vote in January to change NIL, transfer rules

Oct 15, 2020, 2:08 PM

The NCAA’s proposal will allow athletes to use their names, images and likenesses to promote their own products and services or those of a third-party. An athlete could become a paid spokesperson for local business or earn money as a social media influencer.

The council also approved a proposal that would permit all NCAA athletes to transfer one time without having to sit out a season of competition. Currently, football, basketball, baseball and hockey players must sit out a year after they transfer as an undergraduate. Athletes in other sports have already had access to a one-time exception.

If the proposals pass, which is also likely, they would go into effect for the 2021-22 school year.

For name, image and likeness rules, though, there is still work to be done by lawmakers in Washington. The NCAA has asked for help from Congress in the form of a federal law that would set rules for NIL compensation, override a growing number of states laws that have pressured the NCAA to take action and protect the association from legal attacks.

https://apnews.com/article/sports-hockey-football-a27bc79b763a4dcdb8f3586320492588

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCAA will vote in January to change NIL, transfer rules

Oct 15, 2020, 2:40 PM

The want help from Congress? I just went from misgivings about this to total disgust.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2020, 3:07 PM

If Congress gets involved college football will be screwed up from now on

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds good. I like it.

Oct 15, 2020, 2:55 PM

Relationship building and roster management will take on a greater importance, something Dabo and Co. are really good at.

Advantage Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2020, 5:08 PM

There needs to be a “minor league” type of system so players that are in fact professionals just starting their “play for pay”career aren’t in college. They’d be far happier and the colleges could stop prostituting themselves.

Probably never happen. Too much money involved.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,824
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic