Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCAA Proposed Changes Series (#1)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 853

NCAA Proposed Changes Series (#1)

Oct 31, 2019, 8:53 AM

Really is a blank page with no rules and guidelines. It leaves everything up to schools to has out. The process to come up with a program between all the NCAA conferences and divisions is going to be interesting since each has their agenda, ideas, concerns and plans.

Reaching an agreement that all schools have to follow and that can be monitored is going to be a gut wrenching nightmare for those involved.

H E L L, other than agreeing the Clemson Tigers are the best team in the country, you can't get 10 TNetters to agree on a subject, much less getting agreement from dozens of conferences and 3 Divisions across the NCAA.

The ACC representation in this process concerns me. I have never thought Swofford is a strong leader and don't want to see College sports changed and driven by the SEC and B1G conferences. The ACC will need strong leaders and negotiators involved in this process and cannot be a follower.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCAA Proposed Changes Series (#1)

Oct 31, 2019, 9:58 AM

I think this would be probably the smartest move the NCAA could make.

Now that they have spoken out and said that they will allow profit off of likeness, it would be genius to then turn the decision-making over to conference officials and require a 75-80% vote to finalize a plan.

This would likely take much much longer than the NCAA being pressured to complete it themselves.

The NCAA could also continue to sell that they are trying to push it through, but they can't seem to get the conferences to agree on a universal plan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCAA Proposed Changes Series (#1)

Oct 31, 2019, 10:06 AM

Not to worry. They will work up a plan that Nike approves off.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 853
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic