Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Myles Garrett should be banned for life...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Myles Garrett should be banned for life...

Nov 15, 2019, 1:30 AM

...watched that over and over. Guy pulled Rudolph up from the ground by the facemask, pulled his helmet off, then swung it and and hit him in the head very violently. Very lucky Rudolph wasn’t seriously injured. Unreal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Myles Garrett should be banned for life...

Nov 15, 2019, 1:55 AM

The worst part is that there was a few seconds while Garrett had the helmet in his hand....and then swung.

I was thinking at minimum suspended for the rest of the season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2019, 5:52 AM

Yeah, really disgusting

Nov 15, 2019, 7:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Myles Garrett should be banned for life... ]

Rest of the season shouldn't even be a good start. Did you watch Garrett's interview after the game? He is busy thanking his teammates for having his back and saying "A win is a win. I don't think that it is overshadowed by what happens in 8 seconds." He shows no remorse.

I do think life is a little much, but the rest of this year and all of next should be a minimum in my eyes, not to mention million dollar fine for a shot to his pocketbook. He should be given some financial repercussions for his actions. Having 3/4's of his salary this year, and then getting paid for a partial year next year, he wouldn't even miss a payment on his Rolls.

Now there are Browns fans claiming Rudolph started it

Nov 15, 2019, 5:13 AM

and deserved what he got. The Cleveland Browns fan base never ceases to amaze me. They are the NFL version of the Gamecocks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In other words, Rudolph did something that justified

Nov 15, 2019, 9:58 AM

attempted murder.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I don't see how in the hell you can say Rudolph started it

Nov 15, 2019, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Now there are Browns fans claiming Rudolph started it ]

Garrett needlessly wrapped him up and took him to the ground way after the ball was out of Rudolph's hands. It should've been roughing the passer just for that. Rudolph, rightfully, took exception to it and kind of grabbed Garrett's helmet, but it was far from violent. At that point Garrett lost his mind and committed what would be full blown assault and battery anywhere else in the country.

Nov 15, 2019, 5:34 AM

Not life...but the season maybe.

The rest of this season wont send a message. Add 4-6 games next season***

Nov 15, 2019, 5:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The rest of this season wont send a message. Add 4-6 games next season***

Nov 15, 2019, 6:45 AM

Yeah I could see that too. I would say the rest of this season and the first 2 games next season. I would suspend Rudolph for 1 game this season or maybe just give him a fine. Pouncy just a fine.

Nov 15, 2019, 6:53 AM

Let Rudolph go, his brother plays for us! ????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Nov 15, 2019, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Re: The rest of this season wont send a message. Add 4-6 games next season*** ]

hopefully without pay! Looked "thug-like" to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2019, 7:18 AM

I agree. Should definitely be without pay. The Browns had a great setup for the playoffs brewing. They needed him.

Nov 15, 2019, 7:25 AM [ in reply to The rest of this season wont send a message. Add 4-6 games next season*** ]

I would feel ok with a full season without any kind of Pay$$$ from the Browns or anything connected to the NFL. He has to feel what it's feels like not to have the NFL for those type of actions. The game was over and they won, anything less than walking away from anything that Rudolph may have said would have been out of line at that point, so pulling the guys helmet off and hitting him with it in the head demonstrated that Garrett has an anger problem that could have just as easy lead to ending Rudolph's career in any kind of employment, and Garrett showed be showed what it's like not having the NFL. And even when he comes back, he should be on probation against any Violet behavior of that nature for the rest of his NFL career.

In a violet game as FB, total control of a players actions has to be kept in check, and if not it ruins the "Game"!!! There is a reason that boxers has to use gloves and aren't allowed to kick and bite, just saying!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because it took place on a field?

Nov 15, 2019, 5:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Myles Garrett should be banned for life... ]

On the streets, it's pure assault. 'Lost your cool' is no more a defense than 'I didn't know'. There's no place for these genetically gifted, athletic prima donnas with pea-sized brains in their arses. Garrett represents the down-side of professional sports...representation that shows more and more frequently at the expense of the many who actually realize they're fortunate to be well compensated for playing a GAME. Simply disgusting.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because it took place on a field?

Nov 15, 2019, 6:48 AM

How do you know he has a pea sized brain? Smart people get emotional too. He blew it. We all know that. Also, the game is more "civilized" than it has ever been.

We don't see the world the same way...

Nov 15, 2019, 8:19 AM

And that's fine...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2019, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Myles Garrett should be banned for life... ]

I agree he should be banned from the NFL for life. You try assaulting somebody at your job and see how that works out for you.

or longer***

Nov 15, 2019, 5:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2019, 6:31 AM

Just wound up and pounded him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let’s Go Tigers!

Nov 15, 2019, 7:33 AM

More than enough evidence there to prove intent to do serious harm!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2019, 6:42 AM

I don’t see that happening, but that guy has a very serious anger control issue. It is going to be very interesting to see how this is handled.

Shades of Kermit Washington and Rudy Tomjanovich in the NBA - without using a helmet. That penalty/fine was $10K, 60 days and 25 games - 40 years ago.

We shall see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 15, 2019, 6:49 AM

Safe to say he is gone for the season.

Nov 15, 2019, 6:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Myles Garrett should be banned for life... ]

They could ban for life and he would reapply next year. Have they ever enforced a life ban?

Besides Mike Tyson when he got in trouble. We all know he went to jail an became somebody’s girl.

Let’s Go Tigers!

Nov 15, 2019, 7:04 AM

This was sad to watch. But how is this any different from hockey or baseball where fighting is seen as a part of the game. I mean in baseball a pitcher can throw a 100mph fastball right at you to “send a message”.

Nov 15, 2019, 9:29 AM

Sorry, but this is a weak argument. You can not compare sports to each other. Heck- why don’t you compare this to boxing or WWF maybe.

This is so bad because of the helmet. If a hockey player took his skate off and used the blade to try to cut another player would be a better example.

Hope this helps. Go Tigers!

Nov 15, 2019, 12:23 PM

I don't buy your response. Obviously, wrestling, boxing, and UFC are different. But I don't see how we accept pitchers throwing at players and benches clearing brawls. I mean we will sit and let hockey players fight as if it was boxing. I personally think it's all despicable and should be handled consistently. But I won't just condemn Garrett actions without condemn the actions of so many others across various sports who do similar things whether it's hockey or baseball or basketball.

Nov 15, 2019, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Myles Garrett should be banned for life... ]

Guys who throw fastballs at people's heads should have major suspensions and possible bans as well.

Hitting somebody in the ribs with a baseball, even at 100 mph, is not much different than punching someone in the ribs (speaking in terms of momentum and risk of injury).

The difference between what Garrett did and baseball and hockey fights is that nobody swings bats or hockey sticks at people's unprotected heads in those fights.

If Garrett punched him in the face then give him a couple of games and move on.

What happened last night is way way different than the altercations that are somewhat accepted in other sports.

Nov 15, 2019, 7:28 AM

I don’t think people are taking that seriously enough so let’s say instead of Mason Rudolph he did it to Tom Brady or even Deshaun Watson. Would that change how long you think he should be suspended? That was about as ugly as football gets. He was clearly using the end of a decided game to rough up Rudolph knowing the penalty wouldn’t hurt his team. Rudolph fights back a little to get Garrett off of him and Garrett just goes bonkers. Bad look for the league.

Re: let's say...Tom Brady or even Deshaun Watson.

Nov 15, 2019, 7:38 AM

I take it personally that Garrett attacked the brother of a Tiger, but an attack like that is not just "a part of sports." This should actually be handled by Cleveland law enforcement rather than league officials. Other acts of violence are investigated even if they occur on private property.

Nov 15, 2019, 7:51 AM

Do we do the same in baseball and hockey? I see benches clear in baseball, managers act like children, and men throw punches and it's all just seen as another "highlight". So one could argue that this is just a part of sports.

Nov 15, 2019, 8:25 AM

I think when a helmet is used as a weapon, that takes it to an entirely different level. Punches are one thing, but winding up and nailing someone with THEIR OWN HELMET is borderline psychotic and criminal. He needs to buy a ticket to future Browns games if he wants to attend.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2019, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: let's say...Tom Brady or even Deshaun Watson. ]

I think the helmet thing is much worse. Had he used his hand to punch him instead of the helmet he'd likely be looking at a fine and maybe a 1 or 2 game suspension, but it wouldn't be viewed nearly as badly.

I do think the act of throwing a fastball and hitting someone on purpose in baseball is pretty insane too though. Especially since it's usually in response to something stupid like a guy not running the bases fast enough after a homer.

Nov 15, 2019, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: let's say...Tom Brady or even Deshaun Watson. ]

Yeah not the same as a baseball or hockey fight unless a player took a bat or stick and took a full swing at another player’s uncovered head.

Nov 15, 2019, 12:19 PM

What about when a pitcher decides to get "revenge" and throws a fastball at a player's head? I think that's more dangerous than a helmet or even a bat.

If the batter wasn't wearing a helmet, probably.

Nov 15, 2019, 1:05 PM

But fairly sure pitchers get ejected for intentionally throwing at the batter's head.

Also, no, a batter who even attempts to use a bat is seen as a much more egregious act in the MLB than hitting a batter with the ball (though maybe not an intentional head hit).

Clemson

Nov 15, 2019, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: let's say...Tom Brady or even Deshaun Watson. ]

Headhunting would stop if batters would let the bat "slip" at the pitchers head...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: let's say...Tom Brady or even Deshaun Watson. ]

It is unfortunately the way a bunch of today's spoiled, childish athletes and managers are behaving, but it is not a part of "sports."

Nov 15, 2019, 7:34 AM

I can only imagine the frustration level one would have being the number 1 pick in the NFL draft...then having to play for the Cleveland Browns. That would be enough to eventually make the best of us lose our cool.

Nov 15, 2019, 7:38 AM

That has been in the rules of the draft for as long as I can remember, and those guys know that's the deal!!!

Nov 15, 2019, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Myles Garrett should be banned for life... ]

Playing for Cleveland shouldn't have anything to do with it. He is supposed to be a professional. Kids and young men see this and may imitate what they see these grown men do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gotta give Pouncey some credit

Nov 15, 2019, 7:42 AM

He wiped the floor with Garrett in defense of his QB

Nov 15, 2019, 7:51 AM

I don't think enough is being said about the other Browns player who came in and hit Rudolph from behind and knocked him to the ground after this. The guy said after the game that he did it to protect his teammate because he was being kicked. Well, if that were the case then why didn't you go after the guy doing the kicking? Rudolph was doing nothing but watching what was happening at that point.

As a Browns fan after watching that my thought

Nov 15, 2019, 8:11 AM

was the team should suspend him immediately. I was hoping Kitchens and the GM would condemn the action and basically tell Garrett you blew it, this is on you, and there are severe consequences for severe actions.

But that's the difference between the pros and college. The players hold the leverage in the pros, whereas in college it's the coach. Teams are basically gutless. Wonder how Paul Brown would handle that type of incident? Garrett would be shamed, by his teammates as well.

But those days are long gone in professional sports

No, the players don't "hold" the leverage, they just have

Nov 15, 2019, 1:44 PM

some leverage...unlike college

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's okay now ... he's apologized.

Nov 15, 2019, 9:06 AM

He said it was out of character for him so he just made a booboo.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 15, 2019, 9:39 AM

The lineman that came up and shoved Rudolph at the end should be suspended as well. This is totally unacceptable in any sport for a man that gets paid that kind of money to compete. He should be arrested for that crap.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2019, 10:20 AM

Do I think Garrett should be suspended? Most definitely.

Do I think Rudolph is an innocent bystander? Not really. No one talks about this.

Before Garrett pulls off the helmet it looks to me like Rudolph is trying to rip Garrett's helmet while on the ground. I think that's why Garrett lost his mind and ripped Rudolph's helmet off.

Also, why in the world is Rudolph charging after Garrett without a helmet on?

Does that give Garrett a pass. Not at all. He deserves a nice long suspension.

Was Rudolph just minding his own business? Not really.

Nov 15, 2019, 1:13 PM

Again i say... In the Real World, he would get 6 months in The Pokey and be FIRED from his job...There is no F word in the NFL...

Multiple photos showed Rudolph not

Nov 15, 2019, 2:03 PM

only kicking and grabbing at places that should never be kicked and grabbed, but also Rudolph twisted and repeatedly grabbed Garrett’s face mask as he tried to pry it off. Then when Garrett took off Rudolph’s helmet, he was getting pushed and grabbed by two o lineman while Rudolph charged at him and then grabbed him in his midsection which then prompted Garrett to swing the helmet at Rudolph’s head, which was violent and dangerous, but it was a lapse of judgment, a bad 10 seconds shouldn’t get him banned for life. I think he should suspended 8 games, anything more is excessive.

Nov 15, 2019, 2:31 PM

I love how his O-line guys came in and were about to whoop Garrett’s ####. ##### that guy for life.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic