Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My very limited understanding of game planning and play call
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

My very limited understanding of game planning and play call

Dec 30, 2020, 6:49 PM

You game plan by watching defensive tape. Look at down and distance and what defenses they are in. You make up which plays work against which defenses.

You make up a play sheet where for each situation - down, distance and defense - you have a relatively short list of plays that you think will work.

The play caller looks at that sheet and calls one of those plays.

It gets far more complicated than that. And adjustments are made according to which players are on defense, surprises the defense throws at you, etc.

But, the point is, Tony will be as involved as he alwasy has been with the game plan and the play sheet.He could sit on his couch during the game and probably call 75% of the plays that Streeter will call.

Dabo will be, as he always is, deeply involved in the admustments. I have no doubt that everytime the offense comes off the field, Dabo and Streeter will have a noce discussion about that the defense is doing and how the offense will adjust the next time out.

Not saying that Elliott is not important. Just saying that his biggest contribution will occur in the game planning and making out the call sheet. Streeter and Dabo can handle the play calling quite well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My very limited understanding of game planning and play call

Dec 30, 2020, 6:59 PM

I am curious if the timing of getting the play to the field will be impacted. How many can be on the headsets? I know Dabo and the OC. Anyone else? I hate this for Tony. Praying that he does ok with the virus and is able to go to the title game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2020, 7:05 PM

Streeter is a very smart coach and will fill the vacancy of Elliot for this game.im sure we will get some new looks from our opponent. Especially since they know in advance that we will be without the OC in this game. one thing that isn’t talked about very much is the limited number of game film that will be available of the buckeyes games. Only eight games to study.
I expect Dabo to be more involved in play selection.. It will be interesting to see how this minor setback affects the game. Remember Streeter is already the passing game coordinator

As an ex-starting quarterback, I think Brandon Streeter will

Dec 30, 2020, 7:05 PM

have a good grasp on what works and what doesn't, especially with the birds eye view from the pressbox. And, Trevor has enough experience to audible out of any plays he thinks will be completely wrong at the time. We will be just fine. If anything, this will serve to get the Nut Necklaces overconfident. Then, "POW, to the MOON!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As an ex-starting quarterback, I think Brandon Streeter will

Dec 30, 2020, 7:15 PM

Actually there is only six games to analyze from OSU. Right?

Dec 30, 2020, 7:16 PM

Good points.

Also one thing that many seem to be missing, we have a #1 QB leading the offense. I'm guessing he can make a few adjustments of his own. I feel like it hasn't been discussed as much with Trevor but DW4 probably could have called a game all on his own and done great.

I have an even more limited knowledge

Dec 30, 2020, 7:40 PM

of play calling, but this TigerNet. It’s what we do and we do whatever that is well enough to be top 5. Anyway, isn’t this in some ways an advantage to us? They won’t know our tendencies since the film they’ve been watching are of the plays called by TE. I think I’ll go with that.

Dec 30, 2020, 9:24 PM

Man, I deserve to be horse whipped for all those typos!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic