Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My take on the nagative recruiting thing.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

My take on the nagative recruiting thing.

Dec 21, 2017, 6:48 AM

It is not dishonest to point out that Urban Meyer in the past seventeen years has had five jobs, an average of not quite four years per stop. He has been at OSU six years and that is as long as he has coached anywhere. I am sure every coach that recruits against Ohio State brings that up.

Some other "negative recruiting" things I think Dabo probably mentioned about Meyer, OSU.

31-0.

This year Urban was a lock to get his team to the playoffs. Dabo was not. Look how that turned out.

I am also certain that every coach, Meyer included, drops the idea that Dabo will leave for Bama when Saban retires. Wouldn't surprise me if Saban uses it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My take on the nagative recruiting thing.

Dec 21, 2017, 6:51 AM

Kinda hard for Saban to use it without hurting himself...isn't it?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was my first thought too

Dec 21, 2017, 6:53 AM

But it's Saban, so, you know

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Likely but if a kid really liked Saban and really liked Dabo

Dec 21, 2017, 7:03 AM [ in reply to Re: My take on the nagative recruiting thing. ]

Saban could say there is one place and one place only you might get the chance to play for both of us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm amazed this is a story...

Dec 21, 2017, 6:56 AM

is everyone 13 years old? What did you think coaches were talking about on the umpteen visits they make each year? The weather? It's a sales contest. We've got the best salesman. He uses all the legal tools available to him. It's not like he slandered Meyer...I'm just flabbergasted that this is a big deal.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm amazed this is a story...

Dec 21, 2017, 7:07 AM

Agree. Besides, who cares. I’m sure Dabo isn’t worried about any recruiting retribution b/c he’s aware of the angles used. Screw O310 State. Priveledged A-holes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You and me and, probably, everyone else,

Dec 21, 2017, 7:18 AM [ in reply to I'm amazed this is a story... ]

my Friend.

Kind of like grasping for straws, I think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is BECAUSE ,OSU fans and their Media are

Dec 21, 2017, 8:01 AM [ in reply to I'm amazed this is a story... ]

the BIGGEST crybabies in College Sports. The last 3 years are enough to prove that.

Re: I'm amazed this is a story...

Dec 21, 2017, 8:28 AM [ in reply to I'm amazed this is a story... ]

I think you’ve hit on the problem.

Most fans are willfully ignorant to the dirty tactics and cheating that take place in college sports. They want to believe it’s really pure amateur sports.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Bless your heart....

Dec 21, 2017, 9:03 AM

The fact that the University of Second Choice has to cheat just to achieve a paltry level of success doesn't mean everyone else is doing it too, but hey, whatever helps you sleep at night princess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Saying or implying that an opposing coach is getting old

Dec 21, 2017, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm amazed this is a story... ]

is like the tamest kind of dirty possible is all I'm saying.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo was calling it like he sees it

Dec 21, 2017, 7:26 AM

...and you've stated some well known facts.

An Ohio State fan called into Packman's show yesterday and was whining and crying like a baby about losing Carman to Dabo. The guy was bitter, I get it. But, there's nothing shady about giving a recruit your honest opinion about Urban Myer.

"Shady" is what Michigan did with Rashaun Gary when they fabricated a KKK story and implicated Clemson. That was an outright LIE. That was SHADY.

Based on Urban Myer's track record I think it's safe to assume he won't last more than another 4-5 years at Ohio State.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is the difference in Dabo pointing out UM being

Dec 21, 2017, 7:27 AM

in the later years of his career and UM pointing out that Clemson puts fewer OL in the league than some others?

my take is it is just recruiting..it's like buying cars

Dec 21, 2017, 7:58 AM

...everyone exaggerates a little bit

Who cares? Let it go.*****

Dec 21, 2017, 8:08 AM

I knew when Dabo hugged him after 31-0 HE

Dec 21, 2017, 8:20 AM

would out sell Urban and payback was coming for the Kid Urban picked up from Pendleton. Dabo didn’t lie but he did use great salesman techniques to sell the best product available, CLEMSON!!

These Buckeyes need to get a grip, they are acting like whining ?? babies!!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

That may be the most benign "negative" recruiting in history

Dec 21, 2017, 8:26 AM

Wonder if any of the teams recruiting our 5-star defenders tried to say Brent Venables was leaving?

Wonder if Jackson Carmen heard anything about Robbie Caldwell's age?

Wonder if Dabo being the odds-on favorite to succeed Nick Saban at Bama ever comes up?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My take on the nagative recruiting thing.

Dec 21, 2017, 8:50 AM

If I remember correctly it was Ohio State saying that OL shouldn't come to Clemson because "we don't put OL in the NFL". This was our rebuttal and it was better....

Negative recruiting = recruiting

Dec 21, 2017, 9:05 AM

If you’re out there saying a bunch of nice things about another program you’re doing something wrong.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic