Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think our staff thought that Bryant was in shape to start
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

I think our staff thought that Bryant was in shape to start

Oct 15, 2017, 1:56 PM

and play a bit. It did look that he was from the first drives. I think what the staff was hoping was for him to be able to create a lead for us, which he would have, if the defense had given its normal performance. The defense had given up one first half touchdown all year going in. Bryant led us to 14 points and a miss of a chip shot field goal when he was in. Had the defense had its normal game, and a kicker could hit a chip shot, then that would be potential 17-0 or 17-3 halftime lead. What they were thinking is we'll play Bryant, get the lead to 14 to 17 points and then not play Bryant after that.

When the press asks about why Bryant did't play second half, they would use the same old line that we had a 17 point lead and we could have used him if we needed him, but we didn't need him. The problem with all of that is the defense was not its normal self, giving up two first quarter touchdowns. All bets were off then.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, and not only did the staff think so, but he was cleared

Oct 15, 2017, 2:00 PM

to play by medical staff. He didn't aggravate an injury by playing. He got taken out of the game on a freak tackle that at the time didn't look that bad, but which knocked him out for rougly 5 minutes. As others have said, don't anticipate that he'll be back for the next game. Being knocked out for that length of time normally signifies a serious concussion.

There's no telling when he's coming back.

Oct 15, 2017, 2:08 PM

That was scary.

What would you do if you were his parent? Would you want him playing against GT?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My opinion . . . Bryant looked good in practice this week,

Oct 15, 2017, 2:58 PM [ in reply to yes, and not only did the staff think so, but he was cleared ]

medical staff cleared him; he wasn't quite 100%, but for all practical purposes he was good enough to go and good enough to be effective. Initially, he played very well for the most part. Then, at some point, he tweaked the ankle and aggravated the injury. He started to limp very noticeably. He came back in for a couple of series after the limp became obvious, and it clearly bothered him more and more. He finally got to the point to where his mobility was severely limited and he was unable to run or plant to throw. It was at that point that he was sacked, thrown to the ground, and suffered a concussion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: My opinion . . . Bryant looked good in practice this week,

Oct 15, 2017, 3:19 PM

you need to rewatch the game. He was limping very early into the game. You are correct it became more obvious but he was limping far before that. Even if he was cleared medically it was marginally so and a dumb move to play him given what we are facing in the last 5 games. I'm sure most on this place will agree with you but taking the longer look it was a dumb move.
Furthermore, the first time they noticed the limp he should have been taken out immediately. Again I'm sure most on this site disagree but then again I'm sure most on this site think our offense is just purring along and our defense played a normal game on defense last Friday nite. Clueless

Whoa . . . clarify something for me please.

Oct 15, 2017, 3:29 PM

"He was limping very early into the game. You are correct it became more obvious but he was limping far before that. "

Far before what?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Why did reporters say he looked good running around

Oct 15, 2017, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Re: My opinion . . . Bryant looked good in practice this week, ]

in pregame warmup? From your seat was that not true?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yes, and not only did the staff think so, but he was cleared

Oct 15, 2017, 7:42 PM [ in reply to yes, and not only did the staff think so, but he was cleared ]

He was SERIOUSLY gimpy prior to that brutal tackle. He should not have been in the game at that time IMHO.

The defensive performance was a surprise to everyone,

Oct 15, 2017, 2:06 PM

but as soon as it was obvious that Bryant was immobile and defenseless, they should have taken him out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he was not 100%!! Obvious in warm ups

Oct 15, 2017, 2:07 PM

Stop acting like you trust in coaches decisions. They screwed up

you can make all the excuses you want but the coaching staff failed that young man***

Oct 15, 2017, 2:09 PM

Re: I think our staff thought that Bryant was in shape to start

Oct 15, 2017, 2:23 PM

I agree this sounds like the plan on Friday. A fired up Cuse team and some schemes they ran on defense changed all that.

Crazy To Start Bryant... Couldn't Defend Himself!

Oct 15, 2017, 3:00 PM

There were several factors that I disagreed with Friday... First, I think most fans felt that an ankle injury needed more time to heal and that another QB should have been practicing during the week, hopefully Hunter since he shows much better game presence than Cooper. If the Coach doesn't see the obvious struggling of Bryant early on, then he is nuts... He shouldn't have started... period! Bryant couldn't defend himself! Secondly, the O and D lines, Linebackers, Secondary looked tired and slow almost all night... they seemed to be a step behind on nearly every play. I feel that the coaches probably worked them too much without a proper rest on the short week. It reminds me of the poor performance in that WVirg. game years ago which I felt they looked uncommonly sluggish as they did Friday. Hopefully, these are easy things to correct.

Agree with all you said, but I wonder if coaches let them

Oct 15, 2017, 3:03 PM

rest more last year when we had a Friday game at Boston College. We won that 56-10. If I remember correctly, however, we got off to a slow start in that one.

This is exactly what the game plan was

Oct 15, 2017, 3:02 PM

No doubt about it.
They thought this was going to be like the BC game or Auburn.
When the D didn't hold up their end the Coaches had no idea what to do.
It was obvious the D was lost and we knew after KB went down, it was going to take something special from our D.

This is exactly what the game plan was

Oct 15, 2017, 3:02 PM

No doubt about it.
They thought this was going to be like the BC game or Auburn.
When the D didn't hold up their end the Coaches had no idea what to do.
It was obvious the D was lost and we knew after KB went down, it was going to take something special from our D.

Maybe the coaches should have seen it coming.

Oct 15, 2017, 3:21 PM

I sure didn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2017, 3:29 PM

We were at the game 90 minutes before kickoff. It was obvious during warmups that KB could not cut. He could barely run along the sidelines without limping. He should have never played. Our D was never set. The HUNH Cuse O kept them off balance all night. Both of these situations are the result of POOR COACHING, SOMETHING we have not seen in many games.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2017, 3:45 PM

We were at the game 90 minutes before kickoff. It was obvious during warmups that KB could not cut. He could barely run along the sidelines without limping. He should have never played. Our D was never set. The HUNH Cuse O kept them off balance all night. Both of these situations are the result of POOR COACHING, SOMETHING we have not seen in many games.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2017, 8:19 PM

Ok so he was cleared to play. My next question is what kind of doctors and training staff do we have? I ain't no trainer or a doctor, but somebody is fooling us by saying he was ready to play. His ankle was probably shot up pretty good, either it started to wear off or he did a lot more damage to it because he was running like he was in a three legged sack race. Now due to poor judgment he could be seriously injured with a concussion, twice this year his lights have been turned off and extra stress on his ankle. Just the way I see it.

BS: There is NO WAY Bryant was in shape to start.

Oct 15, 2017, 8:14 PM

unless we have zero confidence in the backup QBs.
The other flaw in your theory is that, after we didn't get up by 14+ points, they should have pulled him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They thought wrong***

Oct 15, 2017, 8:43 PM

Re: They thought wrong***

Oct 15, 2017, 8:52 PM

Just thought about this.The company line has been that he tweaked it a little but was still ok. I remember he was hit by a cuse player who deliberately grabbed the ankle and twisted the ankle while KB was standing up. Go back and watch the tape. They knew he was hurting bad and were trying to increase his misery index.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic