Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Men's Basketball.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Clemson Men's Basketball.

Nov 13, 2020, 6:29 PM

What are your expectations this season and do you see us in the big tournament?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep

Nov 13, 2020, 7:04 PM

yep

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yep

Nov 13, 2020, 7:08 PM

This is kind of interesting.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/acc-expert-picks-2020-21-preview-duke-and-north-carolina-to-chase-preseason-top-team-virginia/

Thanks! Clemson picked 6 8 10 10 10. I hope we can finish

Nov 13, 2020, 8:13 PM

in the top half of the conference. Team has promise, but you have to play the games!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks! Clemson picked 6 8 10 10 10. I hope we can finish

Nov 13, 2020, 8:27 PM

This is very interesting as well.

https://www.si.com/college/clemson/mens-basketball/brownell-updates-clemsons-offseason-protocols-injuries

I expect a continuation of Clemson basketball as we know it.

Nov 13, 2020, 7:27 PM

That means an outside shot at making the big dance, and almost certainly getting knocked out in the first round if we do. We probably finish mid-pack or below in the ACC and win a few games in the N.I.T. if we catch fire before it all fizzles out. If we do better than that, I will be very pleasantly surprised, but those are my expectations. Assuming, of course, that covid and the powers that be don't put the kibosh on another season.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I expect a continuation of Clemson basketball as we know it.

Nov 13, 2020, 7:48 PM

I am calling 6th in conference and we go to the Big Dance.

That would fit within my expectations.***

Nov 13, 2020, 7:58 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: That would fit within my expectations.***

Nov 13, 2020, 8:01 PM

Any word on Baehre's health? Also, it seems we will have a really deep team.

Re: That would fit within my expectations.***

Nov 13, 2020, 8:33 PM

He apparently has another “minor” knee injury in the off season. Really unfortunate for him. He apparently will be ready to go for the opener though.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is that your expectation?

Nov 13, 2020, 9:34 PM [ in reply to I expect a continuation of Clemson basketball as we know it. ]

This is arguably our most talented team in decades, top to bottom. We can realistically go at least 10 deep in our rotation, if not 12.

Do you not feel that we are talented enough to make strides this year? Or is your concern coaching?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

My concern is our talent level relative to the rest of the

Nov 14, 2020, 12:47 AM

ACC. Particularly on the offensive end ... scoring points ... getting the ball in the basket. Same as always. The actors change, the previews and trailers change, giving hope to the hopeful; but the movie usually ends about the same. I see that we've recruited well, for us. But other ACC schools have continued to recruit well too. That's why that's my expectation. Again, I hope I'm wrong, and I'll be thrilled if I am.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: I expect a continuation of Clemson basketball as we know it.

Nov 14, 2020, 7:36 AM [ in reply to I expect a continuation of Clemson basketball as we know it. ]

We will win a game or two against top-tier opponent, but also drop 2 or 3 heartbreakers to middle-of-the-road or lower teams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Men's Basketball.

Nov 13, 2020, 8:35 PM

Yes, I expect to go to the tourney. This is the most talented roster brownell has ever had. This is a make or break year for him. If we don’t make the tourney, it’s a huge disappointment.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Men's Basketball.

Nov 14, 2020, 7:39 AM

Unless COVID impacts the season and tournament.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My main concerns in order are...

Nov 14, 2020, 5:59 AM

1. Overall Health/Injuries

2. 3-Point Shooting

3. FT Shooting

4. Dumbace ACC Refs

I’m hoping this is the year Coach Brownell’s team can stay healthy so they can truly showcase their team talent.

3-point shooting needs to improve cuz every team seems to be hoisting 20 or more a game even when they ain’t making them. I think maturity/personal growth and having more ball handlers on the court will improve 3-pt %. (Last year 277th in 3-pt %)

Last year shot under 70% from the line as a team (259th in FT%). This should be a highly competitive team. In a close game, an extra 4 or 5 points from the line could be the difference in a W or L.

The last one has to be addressed. And I know it’s complicated, Clemson Basketball, cuz the refs are morans and it makes no sense at all but...ACC REFS CALL GAMES COMPLETELY OPPOSITE IN THE SECOND HALF. That tight physical defense works fine in the first half, but you’ll get called for 12 fouls in the second half for doing the same thing. Just got to be able to make better in-game adjustments in the second half EVEN THOUGH YOU SHOULDN’T HAVE TO. I mean, college basketball refs are just bad period. But ACC Refs have bigger gambling issues.

~JKB

Re: My main concerns in order are...

Nov 14, 2020, 8:55 AM

I would like to think one year we will decide if the three's aren't falling to shoot more two's. Maybe this is that year?!

Nov 14, 2020, 9:00 AM

I think part of the prob was we were getting destroyed inside too. It seems like we will have more length this next season.

Nov 14, 2020, 10:32 AM

Good point!

We'll have injuries, covid casualties, academic problems,

Nov 14, 2020, 11:16 AM [ in reply to My main concerns in order are... ]

disciplinary actions, natural disasters, family problems, and God knows what that will provide excuses for those needing them to explain why we once again don't have a team that goes deep into the NCAA tournament, and we will be talking about how it will be better next year. For me, merely getting to the NCAA tournament is the bare minimum expectation for most years.

- H. L. Mencken

I'm more interested in Clemson basketball this season

Nov 14, 2020, 8:39 AM

than in recent years. I believe we will do better than expected and make it to at least the 2nd round of the NCAA's. I'm hoping for a very excited year.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm somewhat skeptical that there will be a tournament.

Nov 14, 2020, 9:15 AM

If things go better than I expect as far as getting the season in, I would expect us to be a bubble team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. The best team we've had in years and years, and

Nov 14, 2020, 11:19 AM

we're a bubble team. Sad - and that's what I'm talking about.

- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic