Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since I have no Tigers playing thru the weekend . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Since I have no Tigers playing thru the weekend . . .

Jan 17, 2021, 2:25 PM

I looked ahead to next week’s Tournament, The American ExPress, formerly known as the Desert Classic and the CareerBuilder Challenge. The event now carries the name of its new title sponsor and will unfold across three Greater Palm Springs courses: the Stadium and Nicklaus Tournament courses at PGA WEST and La Quinta Country Club.

It appears that we have 4 Tigers in the Field . . . Doc, Lucas, Kyle and DJ.

Link to how the field is chosen:
https://www.pgatour.com/inside-the-field/2021/01/15/how-they-qualified-field-the-american-express.html

Pulling for Na, Cink and Morikawa to finish well in Hawaii, while the rest of you watch Cleveland and KC this afternoon.

It’s another great day to be a Tiger!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since I have no Tigers playing thru the weekend . . .

Jan 17, 2021, 3:07 PM

I have a buddy who has tickets for the shrunk down gallery. Sounds like a lot of fun and hopefully Tiger alums will bring it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you were referring to the Bob Hope Desert Classic

Jan 17, 2021, 3:22 PM

For Old timers like me, January and February PGA tournaments were more exciting when they were named for the Famous Celebrities like Bob Hope, Andy Williams Open (Torrey Pines), Glenn Campbell Phoenix Open and Bing Crosby (Pebble Beach). They were the Tournament Hosts. I miss those days.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you were referring to the Bob Hope Desert Classic

Jan 17, 2021, 3:42 PM

Right, the Crosby Clam Bake was as good at it got back in the day and you count on Bob Hope to have good looking girls at his tournament.

Jan 17, 2021, 3:45 PM

Hey Skeeta. Any insight where they will play the PGA Championship in 2022? I think Bandon Dunes would be cool. Any word?

Jan 17, 2021, 5:43 PM

There is no infrastructure there to support a major tournament.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My first thought was going back to Bethpage Black . . .

Jan 17, 2021, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Since I have no Tigers playing thru the weekend . . . ]

but then this article caught my eye . . .

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/2022-pga-championship-golf-digest-courses

I hope the “Tobacco Road” course cited as an honorable mention was not the one near Sanford, NC . . . I can’t really see a tournament of that caliber being held there . . .

Your thoughts???

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My first thought was going back to Bethpage Black . . .

Jan 17, 2021, 8:18 PM

I don't know. All of those sounds great.

Re: My first thought was going back to Bethpage Black . . .

Jan 18, 2021, 12:44 PM [ in reply to My first thought was going back to Bethpage Black . . . ]

No way they would have it at Tobacco Road ...... way too many blind shots. The golf pros would hate it. It is one thing to have blind shots on a traditional links course, but quite another to design a course building in numerous blind shots. I like a lot of the other courses. I would like to see Chambers Bay get another shot, as it is a better course than it presented itself in the 2015 Open. I played it in 2013 and the greens were so slow that the ball would stop on the steep transition slopes between levels on the putting surfaces. They could not have stimped more than a 5 or 6. There was only so much they could do to those greens to make them playable for an Open and the results were not pretty.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic