Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Five-star DE Myles Murphy loves that Clemson is about more than just football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: Five-star DE Myles Murphy loves that Clemson is about more than just football

Mar 26, 2019, 11:15 AM

Five-star DE Myles Murphy loves that Clemson is about more than just football

When Myles Murphy makes his college decision, it will be more about college and less about football and that's why Clemson stands as one of Murphy's top schools. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Five-star DE Myles Murphy loves that Clemson is about more than just football

Mar 26, 2019, 11:19 AM

:)

Re: TNET: Five-star DE Myles Murphy loves that Clemson is about more than just football

Mar 26, 2019, 12:18 PM

Well guys, those of you in the know, what say you that went in for engineering? I know imo Clemson can’t be beat on the engineering side and Dabo sure pushes the whole experience so I would think we have a great chance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Clemson degree is in Bioengineering

Mar 26, 2019, 12:26 PM

When I went for my first visit, a professor in the engineering department took time to talk one-on-one with me in Holtzendorff. That made a huge impression and was one of the deciding factors in my Clemson choice.

Also, I never took detailed notes on all of my possible schools like Murphy is doing. That is awesome & is above and beyond.

Re: My Clemson degree is in Bioengineering

Mar 26, 2019, 2:29 PM

Clemson has one of the top engineering programs in the country, and I would think much better than any of the schools that he mentioned. In fact, engineering is probably Clemson's signature card. Hope he joins us, and don't see how he could do any better.

Michigan and Ohio St are for sure higher ranked, Aubie

Mar 26, 2019, 2:59 PM

is about the same as Clemson. UGA is like U of Suc, go there if you can't get into the State engineering school

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Michigan and Ohio St are for sure higher ranked, Aubie

Mar 26, 2019, 4:17 PM

That’s good to hear. He mentioned awborn but I never associated awborn with engineering...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Michigan and Ohio St are for sure higher ranked, Aubie

Mar 26, 2019, 4:31 PM

GT is the only one that comes to mind when talking about an engineering school, and I'm glad that GT isn't on his list of schools bc I think that I've heard that they are one of the top engineering schools, Right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2019, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: My Clemson degree is in Bioengineering ]

Then too, Coach Tony Elliott is an engineering grad. Hope Murphy talks to him also.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: My Clemson degree is in Bioengineering ]

If the signature isn’t engineering it’s agriculture

Mar 9, 2021, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: My Clemson degree is in Bioengineering ]

If the signature isn’t engineering it’s agriculture

Mar 26, 2019, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Five-star DE Myles Murphy loves that Clemson is about more than just football ]

I have a friend who just got his masters from Clemson in engineering about a year ago and he is already making 6 figures. He loved every bit of his college experience and obviously he's doing very well now making that kind of money at 28 years old. Murphy definitely can't go wrong choosing Clemson if that's what he wants to study. Clemson has always been known to have a great engineering program.

Mar 26, 2019, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Five-star DE Myles Murphy loves that Clemson is about more than just football ]

I've been an engineer and engineering educator for 34 years. I would say Michigan has an outstanding reputation for engineering; better than ours. Ohio States programs are rated a bit higher than ours. I would put Clemson and Auburn on par with each other. It often depends on which specialty you wish to enter. If it is aerospace engineering, we're out of luck. I did mine in Electrical and Computer Engineering back in the day and it was an excellent program. All that said, a solid undergraduate engineering degree from any good engineering school will send you on your way to a good career, so we might be splitting hairs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2019, 4:25 PM

With all the help that he is looking for academic wise, I believe that Clemson is that special place that he is searching for. From hearing a lot of guys talk on here that has actually been an athlete at Clemson, the academic help to get guys through collage with their degree, the help is second to none if what I've heard is true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2019, 5:56 PM

I have to think that if we had a coach with a Clemson engineering degree he might be able to speak to him about that. Too bad engineering isn’t a normal degree for a college football coach...or offensive coordinator.

I find it kind of interesting the Auburn only has tutoring 1 day a week. I was always under the impression it was much more often than that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2019, 8:33 PM

Doesn’t Tony Elliot have an engineering degree from Clemson?

Mar 26, 2019, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Five-star DE Myles Murphy loves that Clemson is about more than just football ]

Tony Elliott is an engineering grad and worked as an engineer in industry before getting into coaching. No doubt that Tony will chat with MM.

CU Academics Certainly helped w/landing CW42

Mar 26, 2019, 10:00 PM

Get this kid by the engineering department fast. It's one of the best around. The team is built around family. Perfect college setting in the upstate of South Carolina.
Why not join Myles?
We would love to have you!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just hope he doesn't like Ford Raptors or hunting

Mar 26, 2019, 6:21 PM

Mar 27, 2019, 6:38 AM

I like our chances. My son is graduating with a major in IE and two business minors, and he accepted a job back in Sept.
To quote an attorney friend who is a SCar grad and whose brother is also, his brother hires Clemson engineering grads over those from VT, AUB and GT every chance he gets because “Those Clemson kids come out ready to work.”

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Mar 27, 2019, 10:49 AM

That is a h&11 of a compliment from a coot grad!!! +1

Mar 27, 2019, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Five-star DE Myles Murphy loves that Clemson is about more than just football ]

My father was high up at Duke and a Clemson Engineer grad, said he met the smartest person he ever met from Penn State, and some stupid people form GT which is ranked 7 as an Engineer school. Just because of the US rankings doesn't mean the school is better, just more endowment and maybe higher pay grad base. He hired a lot of guys from Clemson, NC state, Penn State and Auburn and some guys from GT and Cal Tech.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic