Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Clemson 63-17 story....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,310

My Clemson 63-17 story....

Nov 27, 2019, 4:19 PM

So, not sure whether this is true or not, but a great story on this rivalry week. A friend of mine swears this happened... So they are sitting behind several Gamecock fans, and of course the game is all Clemson. As the time wears on and the score mounts, these Gamecock fans become more demoralized. Finally, they'd had enough, and as the third quarter was winding up they got up out of their seats to leave. As they made their way in front of my friends and started down the isle steps, one of them turned to my friend and said... "When you boys are finished, please turn out the lights"!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't matter whether or not it's true....It's

Nov 27, 2019, 4:22 PM

one heck of a good story! +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Clemson 63-17 story....

Nov 27, 2019, 4:25 PM

I was at that game with my wife. Their crowd was on fire before that game started and Charlie Whitehurst put the fire out fast.

We were sitting right outside of Clemson's locker room and there were nothing but Clemson fans in the stadium with 10 minutes to go in the game. Clemson fans were going crazy the entire game and Tommy Bowden ran right bu us heading to the locker room after the game with a huge smile on his face.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2019, 7:27 PM

I was in Japan. Just like every week, my middle school daughter got up very early on Sunday morning to listen to the radio broadcast streamed on the internet with me. When you live on the other side of the planet, football happens in a little bit different local time.

We gazed out a bay window at the lights of other towns on a small mountainside and sat there in shock and excitement as the scoring frenzy started.......and just kept going. It was like a slot machine paying out a jackpot.

Later that afternoon I drove down to the naval station and I just happened to encounter the ONLY Carolina fan on the entire base. I said, "Hey man, did you hear ?" In a dejected tone he replied, "Yeah, I know."

I engaged him further, "No, I mean..." He says, "What ???'

I said, "They scored again !!! They just can't stop !!!"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

have one and it's completely true.....

Nov 27, 2019, 7:43 PM

have a friend who is a SC Highway Patrolman. He was on traffic control duty that night, as he has done for years in Clemson and Columbia.

They normally have to leave stadium at end of 3rd quarter to go out and position themselves for post-game traffic. He told me that night they got the call just before halftime, unprecedentedly early.

Personally, I have no scientific evidence, but I believe me and my tailgate party was one of the last 50 people that left the surrounding parking lots that night/morning (we were near the Cockabooses). We REALLY enjoyed that post-game celebration. We even had homeless guys come up and drink some beers with us. Hoot was had.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2019, 7:50 PM

Whether it was verbally said or not, I’m sure it was thought of by a coot that night. But I remember that game very well. Good times.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of the home team fans leaving early

Nov 28, 2019, 1:42 AM

This reminds me of the game in Miami we won 58-0. A nice couple who were Canes fans sat in front of my group in the Clemson section.

They gave up at some point in the 3rd quarter. As they got up to leave, they said, well at least we know how to spell C-L-E-M-S-O-N. Poor folks had to set through our spell outs after good plays and each score.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,310
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic