Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My $0.02 on the ND-ACC 2020 scheduling rumor come to light today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

My $0.02 on the ND-ACC 2020 scheduling rumor come to light today

Jul 24, 2020, 11:13 PM

Copy/paste of my reply to the matter on the reddit cfb boards:

Do not care for this decision at all.

Someone said it reeks of desperation by the ACC, but guarantee that it reeks of desperation by ND as well. They lost three games w/ the Big 10 & Pac-12 opting to go to conference-only schedules (Wisconsin, Stanford, USC). If the SEC & ACC went conference-only, they'd be left w/ a schedule of Navy & WMU. Now since they're independent, I feel they should work w/ their fellow independents to get some games scheduled.

But by doing so, what does that leave the Irish with? A schedule that includes Army (don't get me wrong, would love to see the Cadets get a crack at beating ND considering the scares they gave Oklahoma & Michigan past 2 years), BYU, Liberty, NM St, & UMass. Point blank, ND doesn't want to lose a potential seat at the table come season's end. So since Swofford gave an inch back in 2012, of course they know they could take a mile in 2020. The ACC already said they would help ND w/ scheduling & are trying to work w/ the SEC to preserve the OOC rivalry games between those two leagues (Clemson-SC, FSU-Florida, GT-UGA, & UL-UK), which will allow an additional game at least. So, if you can get 8-9 guarantee ACC games plus opportunity to keep a P5 game against Arkansas, that schedule looks a whole lot better than the schedule of Army, Navy, BYU, Liberty, UMass, NM State, & WMU previously mentioned. & of course, Swofford being Swofford, is gonna bend over & let ND have their way w/ him one more time by throwing in or allowing the idea to be planted of counting the Irish as a league game & possibly getting to play for an ACC title. Worst-case scenario in their eyes, they'll end up in Orange Bowl as either ACC champion or as representative if the ACC champion (most likely assuming Clemson since they're the favorites) makes the CFP.

So again, probably desperation on both sides. Only difference is the folks in South Bend came up w/ a smart plan & the morons in Greensboro were dumb enough to go along w/ it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My $0.02 on the ND-ACC 2020 scheduling rumor come to light today

Jul 25, 2020, 12:38 AM

the only question is how much cash does the Swofford family get from ND?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

This was DRad's reply to my email today. Surprised there was

Jul 25, 2020, 12:51 AM

a reply and give the office credit for that, even if it was an auto reply. I have exed out my name. The me is how my email shows a reply to me and the Daniel is Drad. More people should email Clements and DRad to at least get their voice heard. Notre Dame and the powers that be count on people just accepting it without comment. His reply is below:

Dan Radakovich
5:07 PM (5 hours ago)
to me, Daniel

Thanks XXXXXX … lots of info to unpack as the league contemplates the addition….but I appreciate your perspective !

Dan Radakovich

Director of Athletics

Clemson University

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Drad is actually pretty good about replying

Jul 25, 2020, 4:59 PM

he replied to my email a few weeks ago when the conference-only stuff was first brought up & the Palmetto Bowl was on chopping block.

Do feel for him & the other decision-makers at Clemson b/c with everything going on, everything has been a no-win situation as of late.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2020, 1:26 AM

Agree. The ACC looks like a new version of the old Big East. Desperate for anything.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2020, 2:44 AM

I don’t think so... it seemed like a great move to add Miami, VT, and even BC at one time, but they are not living up to their historical standards. ND is overrated every year, but if they help the outsiders view of the ACC, I say bring em in.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic