Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most electric atmosphere you've ever seen in DV?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Most electric atmosphere you've ever seen in DV?

May 22, 2019, 12:17 PM

What game stands out for you? Id say the ND monsoon game and the 2016 Louisville game are the 2 top in my mind.

Side note: the FSU game in 2011, when Rennie Moore sacked Trickett at the end may be the loudest I've ever heard it there. Cousin was right beside me and I couldnt hear what he was saying to me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 12:18 PM

Sir Elton John

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Don't watch that movie when it releases

May 22, 2019, 12:20 PM

fyi

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any particular reasons?***

May 22, 2019, 12:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: 1995...

May 22, 2019, 12:34 PM [ in reply to 1995... ]

I didn't attend the Dame Elton John concert. But, I was there for the 1989 Rolling Stones concert - some very big blowup dolls were there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Did the U2 concert too. I miss concerts in there.***

May 22, 2019, 5:45 PM

Yeah, that was pretty electric.***

May 22, 2019, 1:12 PM [ in reply to 1995... ]

Miami 05', FSU 09' & 88', Notre Dame 15'***

May 22, 2019, 12:19 PM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

we will...we will...ROCK YOU!***

May 22, 2019, 3:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

This never gets old

May 22, 2019, 4:12 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfI6UZ8pwP0

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Most electric atmosphere you've ever seen in DV?

May 22, 2019, 12:25 PM

FSU '09 (Whenever I hear 'We will Rock You' I think of this game to this day), ND '15, Louisville '16, soon to be TA&M '19

Pregame - FSU '13

May 22, 2019, 12:26 PM

Then the game started.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Pregame - FSU '13

May 22, 2019, 12:34 PM

Amen tigerdrummer!!! The valley was insane pregame.

Yep

May 22, 2019, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Pregame - FSU '13 ]

the place was rocking

May 22, 2019, 12:30 PM

Miami 3OT loss. ND Monsoon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 12:33 PM

05 Miami was the loudest by far but ND was most Electric however it was the 77 ND game I'm talking about!!

May 22, 2019, 5:43 PM

Yes 77 ND game. We gave them the silent treatment. I was in Tiger Band and we did the entire pregame show without playing the music but you could feel the electricity coming from the stands while on the field. Sort of like your hair standing on end just before the lighting bolt comes down. Then all #### broke loose.

May 22, 2019, 12:31 PM

ND hurricane

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 12:34 PM

Miami 05,was the loudest,FSU 09,was the funnest,Notre Dame,back in the 70’s was the most intense

May 22, 2019, 12:35 PM

Clemson vs. UTEP, 1997

May 22, 2019, 12:37 PM

1. 2003 game against FSU. The entire game was loud.
2. 2005 3OT against Miami was the loudest for short-term bursts.
3. 2016 game against ND was the most fun.

Someone mentioned that in the 60's there was a

May 22, 2019, 12:37 PM

lightning storm during a game.

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Someone mentioned that in the 60's there was a

May 22, 2019, 2:23 PM

yes Clemson-Georgia thunder and field got covered by hail

May 22, 2019, 12:58 PM

'06 vs GA Tech - Gameday (I think for the first time) and basically nothing went wrong for the Tigers for the whole game which made the crowd just get more and more excited the whole game.

'09 vs FSU - mostly just the last 9 or 10 minutes of the game though

'15 vs Notre Dame - well.... you know

'16 vs Louisville - I missed the game but am throwing this one in there because it is my brother's vote. I texted me multiple times during the game to update me that the crowd had outdone themselves in terms of being the craziest and loudest he had ever seen.

Separate comment but '16 Louisville was the craziest I've ever been watching a game at home as I woke up my wife and 5 month old daughter after the last defensive stop. Neither were pleased but my daughter got over it quicker. I'm still disappointed that I didn't make it to that game.

May 22, 2019, 12:59 PM

Miami; Texas A&M; FSU puntrooskie and 92 game (their first in ACC) every UGA and SCAR game. TCU was pretty intense too. Should play them more often.

May 22, 2019, 1:10 PM

Think it rained about as hard during the TCU game as the ND game. Remember not being able to see driving home.

I wasnt at the TCU game..

May 22, 2019, 2:05 PM

but remember seeing the highlights (dont think it was on live TV) and they were fairly blurry bc of how hard it was raining.

There have been so many games in DV....but here are some

May 22, 2019, 1:00 PM

1984 vs Virginia Tech
1987 vs Georgia
1988 vs FSU
1999 vs FSU
2005 vs. Miami
2013 vs Georgia
2016 vs. Louisville

Properly miss several games here but....I heard the 1977 game against Notre Dame with a sellout crowd over 54,000 was amazing loud. I could not go because my uncle couldnt get me a ticket.

Re: There have been so many games in DV....but here are some

May 22, 2019, 1:15 PM

1977 game with ND ND said they would never play again in DV

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2006 vs Ga Tech...1st time Gameday was in DV.

May 22, 2019, 1:48 PM [ in reply to There have been so many games in DV....but here are some ]

Pretty electric atmosphere all day and night for Thunder and Lightning.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Agreed about FSU in 2011 - that sack was nuts

May 22, 2019, 1:02 PM

The game the week before, when Auburn rolled into town with the longest winning streak in the country - the INT by Sensabaugh to seal it was incredible, and is still a Youtube clip I watch all the time.

Then there's FSU in 2009 with We Will Rock You.

first bowden bowl game in the valley,and the rod gardner

May 22, 2019, 1:04 PM

catch against usuc.

May 22, 2019, 1:11 PM

The first Bowden bowl was insane. First big televised game since probably 88. Was a big deal back then.

May 22, 2019, 1:14 PM

Georgia games in the 80s

Georgia game in 2013

other games that were already posted were also FANtastic

UGA 1981, defeating their 1980 championship team

May 22, 2019, 1:28 PM

on the way to our first of three.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

May 22, 2019, 1:31 PM

I remember the Deshaun-Lamar Jackson duel game at Clemson and just turning to my friend a few times and laughing because of how loud it was

May 22, 2019, 1:55 PM

I almost forgot about the balloon game against Maryland,we were on probation and we treated it like our ACC
Championship game.Poor ole Boomer!

UVa game in the 90's..lots of lightening, lots of delays?***

May 22, 2019, 2:15 PM

May 22, 2019, 2:21 PM

Miami in 05 for me by far. It was so loud I actually got dizzy. Dr friend told me later it was probably my inner ear vibrating from the noise. It was incredible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 2:25 PM

Anybody remember the south Carolina game in 1980? We used orange and white placards for the first time(only time?) Rumours were Danny was gone, S C had George Rogers and was ranked. Willie Underwood intercepted 2 passes for Tds and we won? I took 3 Carolina fans with me best friends to this day,and they still talk about it!!!Best environment ever!Anybody remember?

May 22, 2019, 2:42 PM

That was a great game in 1980. Especially the Game Program which showed a Coot with a 38 jersey and asking the Tiger We have a loaded 38, but what is an Automatic African? A figure of Obed Ariri was standing behind the Coot, ready to kick. The loudest was definitely the Louisville game in 2016. I think the fans were almost as physically spent as the players, considering all the back and forth in that game.
The 1981 Clemson Ga. game was great also just because we shut down their offense with 9 turnovers and kept Herschel out of the End zone. It was an early afternoon game in Sept., so the weather conditions required a lot of trips to the concession stands.

Miami 2005... loudest game I can remember

May 22, 2019, 2:40 PM

then the gut punch in the third OT when Whitehurst threw the INT...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 3:12 PM

2009 vs FSU...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

05 Miami and 87 UGA stand out. 06 GT game too.***

May 22, 2019, 3:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 3:57 PM

1987 vs. NC State. First half the team was flat, the crowd was flat, and the Tigers trailed 30-0 at the half. In the second half Clemson staged a furious comeback, eventually losing 30-28. I’ve never seen The Valley rock like it did in the second half that day.

FSU 2009

May 22, 2019, 4:11 PM

A lot of great games like Notre Dame 2016, Louisville 2016, or UGA 2013 were electric, but “We Will Rock You” was unforgettable. Another electric game was 2006 when CJ Spiller torched Georgia Tech, and we hosted Gameday. That season my dad made a deal that if I got all A’s, I could get a white CJ Spiller jersey. They didn’t make white in kid sizes so my 4th grade had a had a jersey that covered most of my forearms!

May 22, 2019, 4:11 PM

UGA in 2013 was the best I have been to personally. First game of the year, night game, riding the high off of the LSU the year prior, college gameday, the place was packed.

Lots of drinking that day to go on top of the crazy back and forth of that game, Hot Rod breaking off a couple of huge runs to build momentum, just a great time.

And I agree with another poster about FSU in 2013, winning the UGA game just built further into that game, had gameday AGAIN, pregame atmosphere was just electric.... and then the game started.

Honorable mention to FSU in 2011 that game was fun as hell

May 22, 2019, 4:21 PM

I’d have to say Clemson vs. UGA In 2013. From the pre-game with ABC following the buses around to the hill and Brent Musburger calling it “ The most exciting 25 seconds in college football” over the PA in Death Valley! Wow, what a night! And then several weeks later FSU crushed us, I still get sick thinking about that night.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic