Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most disappointing aspect of Washington post article
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Most disappointing aspect of Washington post article

Jul 25, 2020, 4:33 AM

Was McCorvey kind of bashing Swinney in a national newspaper. “Not the time for a Christian message” and “ sometimes he says things and I think I wouldn’t say that.” Last time I checked you work for him bubba. Coach can say whatever he wants. Unbelievable

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most disappointing aspect of Washington post article

Jul 25, 2020, 5:00 AM

It was written by a gamecock “journalist,” so who knows what was actually said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 25, 2020, 9:24 AM

You can tell by reading the article that bits of info, quotes, etc. were cherry picked to fit his chicken narrative.

Jul 25, 2020, 11:01 AM

This has to be one of the dumbest comments made on tigernet recently -

"Last time I checked you work for him bubba. Coach can say whatever he wants. Unbelievable"

Yes, Dabo can say whatever he wants. But that doesn't mean that everyone who works for him agrees that it was the right thing do say at the time. By your logic, every leader will always say the right thing and everyone who works for them must agree.

To quote General Patton: "If we are all thinking alike then no one is thinking.

The one flaw in the bubble that Dabo has created around the football program is that group think fails when confronted by ideas outside the bubble. Systemic racism does not exist inside the bubble but it does affect a majority of our players.

The two biggest things he has fumbled are Kapernick and paying players. I have no problem with the stances he has taken but the way he framed his responses were poorly executed.

Jul 25, 2020, 12:08 PM

Those who have never sinned or done any wrong, cast the first stone. Those who lives in glass houses should never cast any stones!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2020, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Most disappointing aspect of Washington post article ]

You may be correct but there's not a successful leader of any kind in the history of the world who didn't say or do things with which some of his employees disagreed. Seems like nobody thinks anybody else isn't newsworthy. Only Dabo. You appear intelligent enough to figure out why that is.

Jul 25, 2020, 1:01 PM

I could be absolutely wrong, but didn't Dabo create a job so that his long time friend could be at Clemson with him.

Yeah, you're right. What a terrible culture Dabo

Jul 25, 2020, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Most disappointing aspect of Washington post article ]

has created in our football program. Geez.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2020, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Most disappointing aspect of Washington post article ]

Do you think you could have handled it much better. People are out to bring down Dabo and his program. They don’t play nice they play dirty, unethical and are dishonest. I posted about a year ago that outside forces would try to bring down the Clemson Football program.

Many thought I was being an alarmists! What do you think now??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2020, 12:25 PM

I haven't read the article, as I have no desire to subscribe to the wapo, but reading what folks are saying about the article, it is kind of disappointing about McCorvys comment. It's obvious, Dabo has a high regard for him, and you would think, he would want to defend Dabo. Maybe he was and context the #######, that wrote the story put it in, makes it sound like he's bashing Dabo, I don't know. And by the way Willy; there is never a time when a Christian message isn't relevant. Ask the moms of the players that play for him.

Jul 25, 2020, 1:09 PM

If Woody's statements were miss quoted, then he should get with a trusted media person and set the record straight by calling out whoever interviewed him in the questionable article, and if he doesn't do that, it tells me that he did say whatever was said that he said negative about Dabo. If so, Dabo should make some changes in his staff bc the last thing any HC needs is for a staff member biting him in the back when he wasn't around to defend or clarify himself!!! It is just that simple!!!

Jul 25, 2020, 1:44 PM

Woody. I don't know why I called him Willy. I don't know who I was thinking of. But Amen to what you said.

Jul 28, 2020, 3:03 PM

I always picture the baseball player Willie McCovey (SF Giants, I believe). Maybe that is where it comes from.
It'll do for an excuse, anyway!

Jul 29, 2020, 5:20 PM

I think you're exactly right.

Nobody reads the washington post. Sheez

Jul 27, 2020, 7:01 PM

If they said the sun was coming up tomorrow, I wouldn't believe them. They have zero credibility.

Yeah, especially recruits***

Jul 27, 2020, 7:08 PM

Yeah, especially recruits***

Jul 27, 2020, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Nobody reads the washington post. Sheez ]

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic