Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Morrell had no recruiting talk on WCCP this morning ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,990

Morrell had no recruiting talk on WCCP this morning ?

Nov 12, 2019, 8:33 AM

LOL

Buyout,BOT & Transfer Portal was the talk of the day

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Morrell had no recruiting talk on WCCP this morning ?

Nov 12, 2019, 8:36 AM

Speaking of recruiting, what's the difference between a walk on and preferred walk on?
Thanks

In short...

Nov 12, 2019, 8:41 AM

Preferred walk-ons are guaranteed a spot on the roster. Their preferred status means the college coach wants the recruit on their team, but the coach doesn't have a scholarship for them. A walk-on will have to go through the tryout process.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Also, they are guaranteed access to everything a scholarship

Nov 12, 2019, 9:19 AM

player gets, including; preferred housing, preferential classes, access to the training table and nutritionist, full medical attention, meal allowance etc..

They just don't get the scholarship money.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Tigersense nailed it most precisely. Preferred walk-ons are

Nov 12, 2019, 10:09 AM

are just what they are described as.. preferred. However, there are still the old-fashioned walk-ons who end up outshining the preferred ones from time to time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is going to be an historically bad class. They made

Nov 12, 2019, 9:25 AM

a business decision for the short term rather than the long term and it's going to set them back way more than financially.

Morrell

Nov 12, 2019, 9:50 AM

Morrell was really off his game today. You could tell by the tone of his voice that he knows the football program is in deep trouble at this point. By opening their mouths the U of SC board all but doomed any chance muschamp had to right the ship.

The whole world knows muschamp has to clean house in order to fix the program. What coordinators in their right mind are going to sign on for such a short term gig? What program changing recruits are going to come to Carolina and play for a coach that has essentially 1 year left?

Their program is going to be gutted.

As a Clemson fan I wanted muschamp to do just well enough each year to keep his job for life. He would never have been a threat to Clemson or a real threat to win the SEC under his leadership.

Today I feel like the Carolina board has done Clemson even more of a favor and doomed themselves for years to come.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Nov 12, 2019, 10:05 AM

The phrase "spiraling downward like a weak flushing toilet" immediately comes to mind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,990
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic