Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mike Jones ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 4,359

Mike Jones ...

Jan 28, 2021, 7:43 PM

Anyone know why he's leaving?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mike Jones ...

Jan 28, 2021, 7:56 PM

Speculation but probably wants to be a full time starter to showcase his talent for chance at NFL $$. Staying at CU would hinder his PT

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2021, 8:08 PM

Smart move. Trenton Simpson is the 2021 Starter along with Spector and Skalski. Add on the talent rising behind them. Not a lot of snaps.

What happens when you recruit well amd don’t lose a starter YoY

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2021, 8:32 PM

ain't hard to figure. Got beat out. If you don't win your position in college, you won't do it in the NFL.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2021, 8:53 PM

ain't hard to figure. Got beat out. If you don't win your position in college, you won't do it in the NFL.

Exactly!

I don't know why he left. Good luck to him and thank you Mike Jones Jr. for your time.
But, if it was playing time because you believe you are NFL worthy, what Old Man Tiger said here is so spot on!
If you can't win it here - in no way shape or form will you likely make an NFL roster! No way! Even starters in college often don't make the NFL. So, to leave under that thought process would be i.m.o "unwise"!

Now, if he is a realist and understands the odds and just wants to go "be the man and john brown the NFL" okay! I would get that more than leaving because you wanted to showcase your talent for the NFL. When you literally have to showcase your talent weekly in the NFL or risk getting cut by the next player coming for your job via the draft or on somebody's practice squad!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 4,359
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic