Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Might be Germans, but regarding LSU...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,172

Might be Germans, but regarding LSU...

Dec 10, 2020, 6:46 AM

What a joke that they have given themselves a self imposed bowl ban for 2020 because some person made payments to players or recruits or something like that. A bowl ban for 2020? Who cares? They suck and it's a junk year. I hope the NCAA doesn't give them any credit for that. What a joke.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Might be Germans, but regarding LSU...

Dec 10, 2020, 7:44 AM

Saw on one of the screen crawlers that “Arik Gilbert is going to ‘opt out’ for the remainder of the season. Coach Orgeron is hopeful he will return for next season.”

Hell, ol’ Ed better worry about whether he’s going to be back next season....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Coach Oh No will definitely be back next year

Dec 10, 2020, 8:58 AM

only to be stomped by Alabama and Texas A&M, and Florida if they draw them on the schedule. They'll chalk it up to still recovering from COVID stuff. But when it happens again in 2022? He'll need some fireproof pants for his coaching seat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU does, in fact, draw Florida from the East in 2021...

Dec 10, 2020, 9:39 AM

They are also scheduled to play UCLA in the Rose Bowl assuming California has reopened by then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Coach Oh No will definitely be back next year

Dec 10, 2020, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Coach Oh No will definitely be back next year ]

LSU and UF are cross-over division rivals, so they are scheduled to play every year. Sort of like that classic, old time SEC match up UofScar and A&M.

Dec 10, 2020, 8:22 AM

Thats sort of like USuC saying they won't accept a bowl bid this year to focus on the future. LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A self-imposed bowl ban by a team that is currently 3 - 5...

Dec 10, 2020, 8:32 AM

because the NCAA waived the bowl eligibility requirements this season. Please !!!!

The bowl ban is in addition to other self-imposed penalties (a loss of eight scholarships over two years, a reduction in recruiting visits, evaluations and communication, and a ban of Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. from LSU's football facilities for two years) resulting from the NCAA's ongoing three-year long investigation into improper booster payments to football players and their parents. One such booster was sentenced to 33 months in prison for his role.

The school said the additional penalties represents LSU's commitment to compliance with NCAA regulations and maintaining institutional control which is a complete load. The fact that Will Wade is still employed after arranging for and offering cash payments to nearly a dozen basketball prospects, their families, and handlers/advisers more than supports that LSU is probably sorry they got caught but certainly not sorry they were doing it.

This latest step is clearly a weak and desperate attempt to give the appearance that LSU is committed to compliance while their ongoing win at any cost actions says otherwise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: A self-imposed bowl ban by a team that is currently 3 - 5...

Dec 10, 2020, 9:24 AM

You are dead on that the presence of Will Wade tells everything there is to tell about where LSU stands on cheating.

Unfortunately the NCAA is mostly toothless and highly selective on where they choose to sink in their one or two teeth.

The NCAA will likely accept LSU's "grand" gesture of punishments and call it even.

Dec 10, 2020, 9:26 AM

In honor of LSU's sacrifice, I have agreed to not sleep Marisa Tomei. That will be my sacrifice. I hope I don't hurt her feelings.

Dec 10, 2020, 10:30 AM

It would really be a sacrifice if you expanded your ban to not sleeping with Miley cyrus! No that would be a sacrifice!LOL!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they were in the ACC, they would have already been given

Dec 10, 2020, 9:29 AM

a three year bowl ban by the NCAA, and had another one tacked onto that by the conference just for spite.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,172
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic