Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Four More Years-Basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Four More Years-Basketball

Feb 18, 2015, 11:11 AM

Four More Years-Basketball

Four More Years-Basketball
Last week we introduced the first in a series of three blogs. I wanted to a two questions about Clemson football, basketball and baseball. First, are we better off than we were four years ago. Second, is the next four years gonna be better than the previous four.

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Four More Years-Basketball

Feb 18, 2015, 1:54 PM

You are nuts.... I think this is one of the best runs Clemson has had in terms of competing in the ACC. Have we ever had a coach that was above 50% in the ACC? We won 23 games last year and likely to be over 20 again this year. Brownell's teams even win games in the ACC tournament. We lost the best player Clemson has had in a decade this year (KJ) and we are only slightly off last years pace.
As far as the NCAA tournament is concerned, we might not make it in but some of our losses are no worse that UGa who was listed as an 8 seed by the talking heads and got swept by USC and also loss to Auburn.. but at home, we lost to USC and Auburn on the road. We lost to Gardner Webb and so did Purdue and Purdue is #2 in the mighty B10 (or 14 but they count funny up there.)
Brownell is recruiting players that are planning on playing 4 years. KJ had a shot at the first round after 3 years and I love watching the plays he is making. I think Grantham is better as a freshman than KJ was. The only player on the squad that does not seem to be much improved this year is Rod Hall. I seem to remember he has a bum shoulder.

Mickey, I think you are spot on..

Feb 18, 2015, 2:05 PM

...I have been a Clemson basketball fan going back to the days of Tree Rollins and my all time favorite Tiger - Colon Abraham. Anyone else remember Colon? I always shot from the corner because of him. Anyway... I agree with Mickey. We are stuck in neutral and things probably won't get better.

I went through our wins and losses last night. We have had some good wins this year but quite a few have come against sub 500 opponents - including one that is 1-24. But...

Its our losses that will do us in this year. G-W, Winthrop and ACC bottom feeder GT.

We need to spend some cash and get a big name coach who can improve recruiting. Without recruiting the best, no way to be the best. I will say that Brownell is one of the best defensive coaches we have ever had. But...

Those excruciating 5+ minutes without a basket are killing me. We seem to have 1-2 of those every game! (keyword there 'seem')

Re: Mickey, I think you are spot on..

Feb 18, 2015, 2:21 PM

We have also had some of the best streaks of shooting as a team that I can remember... 1st half of VaT game. I remember cringing for over a decade when our guys were fouled... I hated free throws... I think we are shooting them better now as a team than I remember.. we had one awful game shooting free throws this year as well but it used to be the entire season.....

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic