Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Miami's Field Goal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Miami's Field Goal

Dec 3, 2017, 7:41 PM

I was rally puzzled when Richt went for the field goal toward the end of the game. With just a short distance to go on fourth down and no chance of winning, why not try for a first down and a possible touchdown? Did he not have enough faith that his team could not gain a yard against our third and fourth string, or was he giving credit to our reserves in being able to stop his offense? Or, was he just wanting to say his offense was not shut out?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think it was the latter wanted to get rid of the gooseegg***

Dec 3, 2017, 7:45 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Miami's Field Goal

Dec 3, 2017, 7:46 PM

I felt the same way, and then I had a possible reason come to mind. This game they had a goose egg going, last game was also Zilch. Maybe in Richt' s mind getting any points would benefit his teams mental state for the next time we meet. Other than that, I got nuthin :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preventing a shutout.***

Dec 3, 2017, 7:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Preventing a shutout.***

Dec 3, 2017, 7:55 PM

Anxious to see how they play against the Badgers.

I think he did it for the kicker

Dec 3, 2017, 7:54 PM

The announcers said the kicker was, I think, five points from becoming the all-time leading scorer for Miami. With that offense, getting two field goals against their next opponent is not guaranteed, so take it while you've got the chance. It didn't bother me. 38-0 or 38-3, the whole world knows you got your tail kicked. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he did it for his player.

Dec 3, 2017, 8:33 PM

I was puzzled by that too. Maybe, since Mark and Dabo are really good friends, maybe it was a tip of the hat to Dabo knowing that it would just be a TD against the Tigers' third string. Just a thought!

Dec 3, 2017, 9:25 PM

To me this is like the unwritten rule of not trying to bunt yourself into a hit when you're down 10-0 in the 9th inning, and the pitcher has a no hitter. No, you're not supposed to lay down and allow the pitcher to get the no hitter, but you're also not supposed to look for a cheap way of taking it away from him either.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic