Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Memory check
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Memory check

Jul 8, 2020, 2:53 PM

Does anyone who graduated 1965 - 1975 remember the name(s) of any professors you had? I can’t and i am wondering if i am the only one????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Re: Memory check

Jul 8, 2020, 2:58 PM

I can remember them all ..... but some I would like to forget !!!!!! And a lot would like to forget me.!!! And I’m sure have.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 3:18 PM

Yep I had Skardon for english. Brown for trig. Landers for chemistry. Whitehurst for accounting. Skelton for econ.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 5:17 PM

Knox Landers, there’s a name from the past. Do you remember the name of the guy who taught Ag. Econ? He was very popular because he was so funny and made his classes so interesting. His classes were always full.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 5:34 PM

That would have to be Frosty Bauknight (sp?)

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 5:40 PM

Yes, thanks. He was a pretty lenient grader also, which made him even more popular.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes...I remember Frosty well, and if you had them, you would

Jul 8, 2020, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Memory check ]

ever forget Ma and Pa Bishop! The chemistry profs from ####!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes...I remember Frosty well, and if you had them, you would

Jul 8, 2020, 9:01 PM

D. P. Miller and Dr. Bronk for Physics
Dr. Bank for Cal I, II, III and DEQ
Dr. Handin, Dr. Finch, Dr. Long, ECE

You must have had an unusually easy time of it. Most of us

Jul 8, 2020, 3:29 PM

remember those who tortured us.

Pinder
Laskar (Mr. and Mrs)
Mullins
Beard

And, last and most heinous

Marullo

I do FONDLY remember one. a 26 year old grad assistant English teacher named 5'9" statuesque green eyed brunette Ms. Linda Suddeth. NOBODY cut her classes. :)

Sadly disappointed you didn't attach a photo . . .

Jul 8, 2020, 4:56 PM

of said Grad Assistant . . . surely she is in your '76 Taps?!!!

Oh well . . . sometimes the imagination is better than reality . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, my 76 TAPS is floating around in the ether up

Jul 8, 2020, 6:39 PM

there along with everything else that was in our house when it burned to the ground in 1977. But, picture a young, only slightly less endowed Lynda Carter, and you'd be real close. She had a habit of wearing fuzzy sweaters and a leather skirt, with boots, and walking around and sitting on the front of her desk with her legs crossed while speaking to the class. No doubt she knew exactly what she was doing to us young red blooded Amurican lads, and got a kick out of it. Made it hard..to consecrate.

Re: You must have had an unusually easy time of it. Most of us

Jul 8, 2020, 7:25 PM [ in reply to You must have had an unusually easy time of it. Most of us ]

+1 for your apt description of marullo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 8, 2020, 7:55 PM

He earned every bit of it, little I-talian chain smokin' bastid.

Jul 9, 2020, 8:37 PM

i could see him as one of the trolls or goblins in lord of the rings

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 8, 2020, 3:30 PM

Dr. Book for Steel, an unbelievable teacher. Charlie Mitchell for Statics, thanks Charlie, you taught me how to study and take tests! Coolidge and Hodges for Architectural History courses... so frigging entertaining, those rascals tricked me into learning. Volendorf , no, not Voldermort, for Arch 200, also excellent. Eagins for Acoustics and Thermal Comfort, he literally wrote the book. Morales, Phillips, Joe Young Harry Haritos, no Harry, I will not present in pen and ink on a single 24 x 36 board. Wow, this is really jogging my memory... I could probably do more if I think longer.

You reminded of Bauld for Strength of Materials. Used his

Jul 8, 2020, 3:35 PM

book for that class at the time.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still have his book on my bookshelf

Jul 8, 2020, 5:32 PM

haven't used any books in a few years, but I used that one a few times over the years. I had him for the class too.

Harshman, Gooding, Mullins, Melsheimer, Theis, Rice, Reneke,

Jul 8, 2020, 3:33 PM

Amirkhanian, and Bishop are the ones I remember off the top of my head. Remember ALL of the ones in my major, and almost none of the ones for electives.

Re: Harshman, Gooding, Mullins, Melsheimer, Theis, Rice, Reneke,

Jul 8, 2020, 6:49 PM

Melsheimer, now there's a blast from the past that I had forgotten. From your list, you have to be of some sort of Engineering persuasion. Especially to have had Thermo Joe. :)

I would imagine the same as you!***

Jul 8, 2020, 8:17 PM

I have been a University Professor for over 20 years

Jul 8, 2020, 3:48 PM

I would like to think my students remember me as they get older in life.

That said, though, it is much more important to me that they remember the basic content from my courses.

And, most importantly, I hope they remember life/career perspectives - like being willing to think for themselves (a skill far too many people are lacking) or being willing to challenge others in a respectful way when appropriate to do so.

(For what it is worth: I graduated from Clemson, but I am a professor at another university.)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson: Academic Excellence! Athletic Excellence!

Jul 8, 2020, 4:14 PM

I remember most of the ECE professors a couple fondly and more less so.

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

Jul 8, 2020, 4:20 PM

I'm a Class of 1970 graduate. You're probably not alone--after all, you're entering Senior Dementia territory:) Fortunately, I still have a few of my faculties still available (pun intended). I remember a slew of professors without grabbing an old yearbook, particularly ones from History, Psychology, English, and AFROTC. I had an advantage in that several of them acted as official and unofficial advisors, providing a wealth of advice, influence, and life lessons that has followed me throughout my life and careers. I have also occasionally revisited the campus where many of them still taught or acted as administrators--several of them even wrote letters of recommendation that assisted me in my early career. I also even ran into a couple in my military career. Hopefully, you'll regain your memory and have some happy memories of your favorite professors! In any case, hope you have a few good memories of your Clemson days and can appreciate your education there as I do. Cheers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 8:01 PM

fernandez,rice,arbena,bailey,jackson,crerar,floyd irving brownlee jr. fav. prof of all time,marullo,ashworth,skelton,white,harris,bolen,psycho waite,foggy reed,mixon,binse,von rosenberg,sex holt,shannon,and least of all AFROTC biggs.

null

Jul 8, 2020, 8:01 PM

'68.

null

Jul 8, 2020, 6:32 PM

steadman english
whitten econ (the debbil, i tell you)
peppers psych

that's about all i can dredge up.

Jul 9, 2020, 5:42 PM

I had Steadman for Freshman English too. He did a nice job "adjusting" us to move forward.

There was one professor I had for Physics, who I don't

Jul 8, 2020, 6:46 PM

remember by name, but who I felt really badly for. He suffered from Parkinson's, and his hands shook so badly that writing on the blackboard was a real chore for him. So much so, that I had to go into his office and ask him what letter grade I had gotten after he posted grades. I had a middle C going into the final, which could have gone either way. I honestly could not tell with all the squiggles whether it was a B or a D. Thank goodness it was the former.I thanked him and got out of his office quickly.

Freshman year- 1965

Jul 8, 2020, 8:54 PM

Remember Arbena for History, Fernandez for Spanish - Also had his wife 2nd semester - Dunkleberg for English (think she died in an earthquake in Europe the next year)- later had Sleepy Thompson for Econ - also had a grad female who was apparently dating a football player and taught Spanish but don’t remember her name

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Freshman year- 1965

Jul 9, 2020, 5:44 PM

I had both Señor and Señora Fernandez (note: the Spanish I just used!!!!) They were kind and wanted you to do well. That's different from being easy.

Ma and Pa Bishop over in the Chemistry bldg. were no picnic.***

Jul 8, 2020, 9:06 PM

Them along with Mr. and Mrs. Laskar in Physics had me

Jul 9, 2020, 10:05 AM

thinking Clemson was really into hiring couples at that time. Unless there was some prior fraternizing going on that later BECAME couples. :)

Jul 8, 2020, 10:24 PM

McGee and Skardon, frosh English, Geldard, Frosh Chemistry, Bardsley Western Civ/History, Wanamaker, German, Jerry Reel, English History 1st Semester, Chip Bolen, 2nd Semester. I could go on, but I think I've made the point....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic