Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Measurables - Hyatt versus Jonah Williams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Measurables - Hyatt versus Jonah Williams

Apr 27, 2019, 9:14 PM

Like so many others at Tigernet, I am intrigued why Mitch was not drafted. I have read almost every Hyatt thread and the reasons why he could not interest the NFL. The majority of the responses stated that he was not strong enough, not quick enough, not fast enough; small hands etc. So I checked his measurables at the combine and compared them with of Jonah Williams - the first OT taken in the draft. And here is the comparison:

Height: Mitch: 6ft 5in; Williams: 6ft 4in – Advantage Mitch
Weight: Mitch: 303 lbs; Williams: 302 lbs - Advantage Mitch
Arms: Mitch: 34.125 in; Williams: 33.625 in - Advantage Mitch
Hands: Mitch: 10.25 in; Williams: 10.125 in - Advantage Mitch
Vertical Jump: Mitch: 25.5 in; Williams: 28 in - Advantage Williams
Broad Jump: Mitch: 102 in; Williams: 100 in - Advantage Mitch
Bench Press: Mitch: 28; Williams: 23 – Huge Advantage Mitch (there goes the strength argument)
40 yd dash: Mitch: not available; Williams: 5.12s - Advantage Williams?
3-cone drill: Mitch: 7.72s; Williams: 8.01s - Advantage Mitch (there goes the quickness argument)
20 yd shuttle: Mitch: 4.50; Williams: 4.79s - Advantage Mitch (there goes the speed argument)
NFL Grade: Mitch 5.33; Williams: 6.23

Conclusion: the most significant measurable is the vertical jump for OTS!!!

But seriously, I would like to see this question posed to some of the Clemson coaches and NFL scouts, providing them with the above comparison (perhaps the Tigernet staff can assist in this), and asking them the real reasons for Mitch not getting drafted (if they know).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Measurables - Hyatt versus Jonah Williams

Apr 27, 2019, 9:18 PM

Intriguing stat comparison. Great job. Still have no idea how teams pick OL but evidently not by this criteria.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2019, 9:19 PM

William's got run over by Ferrell in the Natty and Hyatt handled Buggs with no problem. But it's really just a bunch of scouts kissing each others ##### to prop up their picks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2019, 9:23 PM

Thanks for breaking that down-yeah i was shocked he went undrafted!

Apr 27, 2019, 9:26 PM

Excellent summary and post. POTD. That’s compared to the supposed best this year. He played in a pass oriented offense and the nfl is moving more towards the college game...

I read something about his run blocking which I thought was good but still, nfl is definitely not run oriented game.

It absolutely boggles my mind and I’d love to know too. Would prefer to hear Dabo’s take. The only viable thing I read on here is his upper body strength wasn’t built for the nfl- go figure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2019, 9:34 PM

Yeah, huge advantage in the bench press.
When we needed to run this year, our O line paved the way. We couldn’t be stopped.
Didn’t ETN run left on his first TD run against Bama in this year’s championship game? Mitch must have blocked well on that one, didn’t he?
I guess they just want to continue the negative recruiting against us and OTs being drafted.
C’mon Carman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 27, 2019, 9:39 PM

He sure went up a gang of defensive players that are drafted or playing in the nfl and to give up 5 sacks in 2100 snaps is phenomenal.

Oh and then there’s the fact that he stayed healthy so he must not be as weak #### as peeps make him out to be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2019, 9:41 PM

I looked up the ETN TD. Not so much on that one. Those red elephants were just too slow.

https://mobile.twitter.com/espn/status/1082453022733680640

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

So Wilt Chamberlain shoulda been a offensive lineman?

Apr 27, 2019, 9:58 PM

What a waste of talent!

~JKB

Apr 27, 2019, 10:50 PM

Probably something in his game film, tendencies, functional strength, etc.

Apr 27, 2019, 11:34 PM

Also very surprised Mitch wasn’t drafted. What factors into the NFL grade ? That’s seems like a big difference - but don’t know what it entails...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Apr 28, 2019, 1:16 AM

Looks like Mitch has signed on with the Cowboys as a UDFA

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic