Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love how we seem to land all of these 5-star players and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,716

I love how we seem to land all of these 5-star players and

Jan 27, 2020, 11:29 AM

it's all so low key. Watson, Lawrence, Bresee, Uiagalelei, etc... now Foreman. No drama, no holding out to make a big splash announcement... no overblown video production. Just "hey, I'm going to Clemson".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Re: I love how we seem to land all of these 5-star players and

Jan 27, 2020, 11:33 AM

I thought there was a video of the D.J. commitment

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe so, if there was I missed it. But look at how Burch is

Jan 27, 2020, 11:37 AM

playing everybody and building drama for Signing Day. I just can't remember the last time we had someone do that. Seems like most of our guys commit early on a visit, at most there is a "tweet". And that's it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Re: Maybe so, if there was I missed it. But look at how Burch is

Jan 27, 2020, 11:38 AM

We have had some recent signing day announcements, but it a very different feeling when it's an addition to the class than when it is the marquee guy that you are trying to build everything around.

We have added some nice pieces late in recent years, but we have been sitting comfortably with our top guys which is a very nice feeling.

Jan 27, 2020, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Maybe so, if there was I missed it. But look at how Burch is ]

Reminds me of that Nkemdick ####

Jan 27, 2020, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Maybe so, if there was I missed it. But look at how Burch is ]

Reminds me of that Nkemdick ####

Jan 27, 2020, 11:37 AM

I was thinking this morning how I was over the moon on the morning when I heard that Trevor Lawrence committed.

Now we have gotten Bresee and Foreman committed in back to back years and I am certainly happy, but it seems like such a casual thing that I've just come to expect.

You are right that the low drama is a wonderful thing for the program, but Dabo is making it seem so routine.

These kids are off-the-charts good and it has become the normal thing.

Yes , yes, and no..

Jan 27, 2020, 12:03 PM

Breese is not a committ any more .. he is a clemson tiger.

Foreman is a committ but there are 11months between now and when he can become a clemson tiger.

If bre truly stays the #1 recruit, which he won't, I'm sure there will be some sort of swinging balls from now until then.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Yes , yes, and no..

Jan 27, 2020, 12:09 PM

Players should be advised that they won’t stay ranked #1 after they commit to Clemson.
It’s just the game that they, especially eSECpn, play.
The good ones shouldn’t care and will happily prove their worth on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Yes , yes, and no..

Jan 27, 2020, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Yes , yes, and no.. ]

Rivals has already done their final rankings and Bresee finished at #1.

Trevor Lawrence also finished #1 on Rivals and 247.

We are shooting for 3 out of 4 if Foreman can stay committed and stay ranked #1.

Jan 27, 2020, 11:59 AM

Yes, I agree with what you are saying and it is nice the way all this good news seems to be the norm. But it sure is fun and never gets old, as Dabo states. I'm ok with an announcement video and I'm certainly ok with a simple tweet of a players announcement. Tee Higgins' video was one I remember and actually liked it. But a simple tweet from the #1 player in the country this early in the stage is really special. It creates so much unity and the recruiting that these type of players do for us is priceless. It just keeps getting better and better even when I thought it couldn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2020, 12:04 PM

I know that's right, and honestly I do remember the days when we actually couldn't pay players of the caliber that Dabo and his staff has assembled at Clemson. And even though at the beginning of Dabo's hire as the Clemson FB HC, it was widely thought that Terry Don had sold out for a cheaper coaching hire by the way of Dabo Swinney even with Terry Don saying that he believed that Dabo had what he believed the right abilities to become the HC that was right for Clemson FB. Many didn't want to hear that bc they believed that it was total BS, and it was the cheapest thing to considering the buy out of TB contract. Dabo's hire has proven that we never know who the next great HC will be, and Dabo surely wasn't that HC as far as Tiger Nation was concerned. It could have easily been a dud hire, but what a blessing Tiger Nation was blessed with in Dabo Swinney.

Knowing the way that Dabo is always looking ahead to improve what he has already brought to Clemson, I hope that he has a plan for Clemson FB for when he ready to turn this great program he has built over to, to lead Clemson far into the future after he is gone. What an awesome FB program Dabo has built at Clemson University, Go Tigerssss!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't mind the videos....espcially when they pick early

Jan 27, 2020, 12:44 PM

I will never forget Tee's commitment video on July 4th.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,716
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic