Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Two former Clemson football players arrested
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 166
| visibility 51

TNET: Two former Clemson football players arrested

Mar 28, 2018, 11:02 PM

Two former Clemson football players arrested

Two former Clemson football players were arrested Wednesday afternoon on charges of armed robbery and possession of a weapon during the commission of a crime. C Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ummm. . . this ain't good

Mar 28, 2018, 11:08 PM

no bueno.

Re: Ummm. . . this ain't good

Mar 28, 2018, 11:15 PM

This makes me so sad, I'm absolutely shocked!

Mar 28, 2018, 11:19 PM

Nothing shocks me anymore, but I hear you. It is surprising and disappointing.

A real blow to the stellar image of the program that Dabo has put so much effort and energy into building.

IMO..

Mar 29, 2018, 12:20 AM

it is not a reflection on Dabo or Clemson. The years they had Dabo as their leader, they were fine. When they knew that they were not under Dabo's leadership. I think it shows how Dabo handle's his players when he had to play daddy. If what they are accused is is true, they should pay the price for their actions.

Re: IMO..

Mar 29, 2018, 8:12 AM

You are correct sir ! They were FORMER Clemson players.Once you leave,you're on your own.There you may show your true colors. If you think that everybody Clemson recruits is an altar boy, and you need to wake up real quick. Remember it's all about the talent and the number of stars next to the name. Nobody gives a #### about decency and morality anymore. In the words of Al Davis"Win baby win". And I can assure you that that Dabo aint perfect either. We ask men all have our faults.

Mar 29, 2018, 9:38 AM

Found Juan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2018, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: IMO.. ]

Talent level is obviously a key factor in determining which players to offer scholarships to, and I think it would be difficult to find anyone that would disagree with that statement. However, even though the talent and potential of a high school player may be the primary reason that the coaches are drawn toward a specific player, there are clearly other criteria that go into determining who gets a scholarship offer.

It's fair to say that there are many people that aren't concerned about decency and morality, but it's ridiculous to claim that "nobody" cares about decency and morality. Even though I'm confident that you were likely using the term nobody to actually mean very few people, but in the case of Dabo, it's quite easy to see that talent level is not the only thing that goes into deciding who is offered a scholarship. By no means does that mean that Dabo is perfect or even anywhere near perfect, but it's completely asinine to act like Swinney is a proponent of Al Davis' philosophy of "Just Win Baby!" with no consideration for anything else.

The most talented player in the world wouldn't get an offer from Clemson if they are a known gang member that is selling drugs and failing out of high school. Even beyond that extreme example, even an uber-talented player that has no known criminal history will not receive a scholarship offer until their grades have been assessed to determine if they will be able to qualify and maintain a passing GPA while at Clemson. If a player is extremely talented and has good grades, their character will still determine whether or not they are offered a scholarship. The list of criteria is much more extensive than just these few examples.

The evidence that this is true is easily verifiable. Just look at the list of players that Clemson offers a scholarship to in a given year. The number of offers that Clemson gives out is considerably less than most Power-5 programs especially the blue-blood programs (Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, etc.) that Clemson typically competes with to be at the top-tier of college football during the Swinney era. Furthermore, just look at the ESPN 300 or the Rivals 250 and notice how many of the most talented players in the country are never even offered a scholarship by Dabo or his staff. While some of this undoubtedly relates to where the specific player is from, there are plenty of blue chip prospects from the Southeast that Clemson begins evaluating only to never even offer them a scholarship because they don't appear to live up to Dabo's standard for potential recruits.

One additional point I forgot to mention...

Apr 1, 2018, 10:12 PM

You are correct that Fuller and Johnson are both former Clemson players, and they are absolutely 100 percent responsible for their actions. I do disagree with what you said about them being "on their own" though. There's no doubt that they are not active members of the team, and they are no longer participating in the extremely cumbersome daily schedule of an active college football player which means that they don't have the extensive oversight that they once had. But this doesn't mean that they are "on their own" as you suggested.

One of the most important aspects of the Clemson program under Dabo in recent years is what is called the PAW Journey. It's one of the first things you will see if you look through the door of the football operations center. This is one of the things that makes Clemson football so attractive to potential recruits and their families. Committing to Clemson involves more than just committing to play football—it's a commitment to try to grow into the most well-rounded and mature man that they can possibly be by focusing on personal growth, a wide array of life skills and dedication to community service and professional development. Even though this program focuses primarily on developing the players during their time at Clemson, it still offers support to former players after they have finished their playing career.

That doesn't meant that there won't be times when players will make mistakes and get into trouble. If they are indeed guilty then Fuller and Johnson made an enormous mistake that will affect them for the rest of their lives.

It's upsetting anytime you see a young man with enormous potential make such a life altering bad choice after so many successful years where their behavior would have never predicted that something like this would happen. That goes for all people across the board regardless of whether they are involved with Clemson athletics. But if they are guilty, they deserve to face the consequences and repercussions in the exact same way that any other young adult with no affiliation with the University would.

Dabo can only show them the right road

Mar 29, 2018, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Ummm. . . this ain't good ]

He can't make them go down it, especially after they've left the team. It's a shame really.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really.

Mar 29, 2018, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Ummm. . . this ain't good ]

They are FORMER players.

Mar 28, 2018, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Ummm. . . this ain't good ]

Stunned. It was posted in several threads earlier and I really sincerely thought it was either fake news or thugs that had the same name.

CJ- just got the impression something was wrong when he was moved to third string and wasn’t getting snaps but Jadar? No, can’t believe it... sounds like they fell into the wrong crowd, hoping it’s not drug related.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2018, 12:22 AM

I hate it when people say they fell in with the wrong crowd. Perhaps they were the wrong crowd. You can not put even a little blame on the "wrong crowd". They make their own decisions and know right from wrong.

Mar 29, 2018, 9:36 AM

Just a figure of speech. Understood you’re responsible for you and to you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2018, 2:49 PM

Think you're both right. Yeah, they certainly made one or more poor decisions, but I'd bet they hooked into a bad bunch. It does influence living habits, no mistake. Truly a sad outcome.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2018, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Ummm. . . this ain't good ]

Considering the Ferguson kid has a similar charge pending in California I do believe it is safe to say he is the wrong crowd. Not saying it wasn't Fuller or Johnson's plan but whats the chances with this kid already allegedly having committed a similar crime. I wouldn't bet my salary on it but I'd bet your salary that they aren't leading this trio yet following ole Fergie there.

Great point about the wrong crowd thing

Apr 1, 2018, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Ummm. . . this ain't good ]

There's no doubt that supposedly falling into the wrong crowd is most often just used as an excuse to try to make a person look like they would have never done such a thing if it weren't for the influence of other people.

I do think that there are certain cases where this is actually a reasonable explanation, but even in these cases it still doesn't take away the responsibility of an individual for his or her own actions. For example, if a young man whose behavior has been exemplary were to get involved with gang members and committed a crime after dealing with some type of traumatic experience in his personal life then I can see where it would be reasonable to believe that the person would have never gotten into the trouble if they had never started hanging out with gang members.

However, once a person reaches a certain age where they are clearly mature and have a decent sense of right and wrong, they are responsible for making the right choices to never get involved with these types of bad influences in the first place.

If these three do indeed turn out to be guilty then this is one of the most egregious examples of a situation where "falling into the wrong crowd" is used to try to excuse a person's behavior and paint them as "a really good person who would never do such a thing." It's clear that they would in fact do such a thing because that's exactly what they did (provided they are guilty). Also, I would be willing to bet that there are supporters of all three of them who will make the same wrong crowd excuse. Fuller, Johnson, and Ferguson cannot all three have gotten involved with the wrong crowd though because at least one of them would have to be the wrong crowd that is being referred to. Also, even if it were true that two of them had actually been involved in all kinds of trouble and the third person had never before been associated with anything like this, these men are well beyond the age that they can be excused for not knowing what type of people that they should hang out with. A 22 or 23 year old is old enough to know the type of people that they should avoid hanging out with.

Mar 29, 2018, 4:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Ummm. . . this ain't good ]

Of course it’s drug related.

Mar 30, 2018, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Ummm. . . this ain't good ]

it's either drug related or stupid related....is there really any difference???

No me gusta***

Mar 29, 2018, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Ummm. . . this ain't good ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Two former Clemson football players arrested

Mar 28, 2018, 11:18 PM

Hope it wasn't them. Really shocked to see Jadar do this if it is true.

Mar 28, 2018, 11:23 PM

One transferring and one going to try the NFL again. Not very helpful to those aspirations

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2018, 11:37 PM

Heartbreaking & costly for them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2018, 11:38 PM

I’m shocked and saddened too because they have so much potential but we all must get up and go again if we fall down. I pray it isn’t them an if it is that this makes them determined to make something out of their life.

Just wow ????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Innocent until proven guilty...but that doesnt sound good

Mar 28, 2018, 11:50 PM

Yeah...it doesn't sound good for the program. But its sad for any young person to really screw up their life like this (If the allegations are true) ...A couple of bucks that you may make off of something like this, is not going to make up for the lifetime of lost(or lower) wages you will lose, for having something like this on your criminal record...Just a shame

Re: Innocent until proven guilty...but that doesnt sound good

Mar 29, 2018, 12:26 AM

what does their mistakes have to do with the program?? They were no longer associated with the program. The only people that look bad are the people that committed the crimes.

Mar 29, 2018, 8:09 AM

seriously??... what about "once a tiger, always a tiger"? lets call it like it is, a black eye on the program (if true).. if these were coot players, none of us would hesitate to bash them and their association to usuck..

Mar 29, 2018, 3:26 PM

That’s BS. They weren’t under the control and watchful eye of the program any longer. This has no impact to the program. They didn’t have anyone to hold them accountable anymore which is what Dabo does so well. Idle time and no supervision.

Mar 29, 2018, 10:37 PM

I agree that it isn't Dabo's fault or the programs fault. The point here is when you wear the paw for the school, it should be an honor to wear it. I see it no differently then when we all are at an away game and one of our fans wearing a Clemson shirt, gets drunk and starts acting stupid and gets arrested. Whether we like it or not, it's always associated with CLEMSON. Look at what our opinion of USUCK is! Forever, their players have been in trouble on and off the field...in and out of jail. Is it the programs fault? Maybe to an extent while they are in school if they allow them too much of a leash but regardless, it always ties into what people think of the program whether you like it or not!

Mar 30, 2018, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Innocent until proven guilty...but that doesnt sound good ]

OF COURSE THEY ARE ASSOCIATED WITH CLEMSON BUT IT SAYS NOTHING ABOUT THE PROGRAM.

Mar 30, 2018, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Innocent until proven guilty...but that doesnt sound good ]

actually, every time a former coot got in trouble, I found it silly that it was a blackeye on the program.

As far as once a Tiger, always a Tiger...they will always be Tigers. If a son or daughter gets in trouble when they are 30 yrs old, is it the parents fault??

What these 2 players did after they left home is a reflection on themselves and not Clemson or the program.

Mar 29, 2018, 2:36 AM [ in reply to Innocent until proven guilty...but that doesnt sound good ]

the look on their faces says otherwise

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2018, 5:47 PM

Tigerbalm.....FBI profiler on the side.??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Innocent until proven guilty...

Mar 29, 2018, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Innocent until proven guilty...but that doesnt sound good ]

does that apply to coots who get arrested too?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Mar 29, 2018, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Innocent until proven guilty...but that doesnt sound good ]

What does the FB program have to do with this. I've been a Clemson fan for over 55 years, and to date I've never heard of, how to be a criminal program at Clemson. Nor have I ever heard of, how to be successful at arm robbery program at Clemson. If these guys are guilty, they are on their own in this situation that they have created for "them selves"! There isn't, and never has been a grad or under grad program at Clemson for how to be a successful criminal.

I'm just as embarrassed and ashamed of what those guys have been accused of as anyone but, when self puts self in those types of criminal situations regardless of how we feel about it, "If" they are guilty, they must pay the price for their choices and behavior... It goes back to an old adage that says, you can take the horse to the water, but you can't make them drink. It's the same with these 3 kids, you can teach and tell them what the right and wrong things are, but you can't hold their hands to make sure that they make the right choices, that is on them. And they are the one's that will have to pay the price for their actions and personal choice.

I'm positive that Clemson nation is angry, embarrassed, and ashamed that someone we trusted to never do anything like this, and with them knowing how much their actions would affect us all in some way, they chose to do it anyway. From this day forward, they don't deserve any of our respect or concern of what happens to them next if they are guilty. I will trust and hope that the justice system will take it in their hands and hear the testimony of the victims and the accused, and punish them according to their guilt.

I would wager that the victim's wasn't complete strangers, I'm betting it was someone they have had dealings with before, and most likely they were shady dealings that should have stayed away from at the beginning bc, anytime you play with fire, and you continue to play with fire, you will get burnt!!! Just maybe, and we really don't know for sure, that they played in the fire one to many times. If what they are accused of is true, there was the smell of burnt flesh in the victim's house/Apartment!!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2018, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Innocent until proven guilty...but that doesnt sound good ]

WHAT HAS IT GOT TO DO WITH THE PROGRAM. THOSE GUYS ARE GONE. THERE ARE ALWAYS A COUPLE OF BAD APPLES IN EVERY BUNCH. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PROGRAM.

Mar 30, 2018, 10:54 AM

ABSOLUTELY! ! !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chance of apt. being robbed occupied by dealer around 99.9%

Mar 28, 2018, 11:53 PM

Not blaming, just saying

Re: Chance of apt. being robbed occupied by dealer around 99.9%

Mar 29, 2018, 11:01 AM

From the Greenville News: "The three men are accused of holding a victim at gunpoint Wednesday afternoon at an apartment on Sloan Street in the city of Clemson and taking an undisclosed amount of cash from a kitchen cabinet and a night stand in the back bedroom, according to arrest warrants. Police said the men also took a cell phone."

Who the hell keeps cash in kitchen cabinet?

Appears to be drug related. Victim may not have been involved, but a roommate of someone who was (that's happened in Clemson before).

Mar 28, 2018, 11:57 PM

Thugs gonna thug , what DAs

Mar 29, 2018, 12:40 AM

For real, dude? Why do you have to go there?
Was it a poor decision? Absolutely. Are they going to suffer the consequences? Yes. But these are young men who have worth. Not just because they’re good at football and played for our beloved Tigers, but because they are humans. Don’t reduce them to trash in one sweeping statement.
Maybe you’ve never done something as egregious, but I’m sure you’ve made some mistakes in your life.
A culture of instantly labeling these young men (racially, in my opinion, but I know that’s arguable) without lamenting the culture that perpetuates this is severely missing the mark.
I implore you to think of the meaning behind and the consequences of using language like this.

Maybe life taught me different lessons... HOWEVER

Mar 29, 2018, 5:51 AM

I just read the comments in this thread and I puked in my mouth just a little bit. I mean lets me honest here, if these two grown men had never played one snap of college football at Clemson, they would just be two more idiots on the street committing a crime. It's pretty evident that these two men were arrested at the dang scene. They were caught robbing someone. There is no innocence in this, they are guilty. I love Clemson, I love Clemson Football, but I will NEVER make and excuse for someone's poor life choices.

Nobody is reducing these two men to trash but the two men themselves. Everyone else is making an observation and making a statement. For too long, we have made excuses for young adults and when we do that it fails them. Accountability is something that should be taught at a very young age. To me it all makes perfect sense, a broken rule, a consequence. Then again what do I know? Maybe I was just raised differently. In the household I grew up in we were taught morals, respect, hard work, and the consequences of our actions. When I stepped outside of the boundaries of house rules I received a country fried a** whipping. Now days, you can't even yell at your children for being snot nosed cusses because DSS will take them away. This is the result of two men who faked the funk at Clemson and got exposed for who they really are. Nothing more, nothing less, and like it or not this does reflect on Dabo in the eye of the public opinion outside of Clemson. To outsiders, this makes it look like Dabo fakes the funk. Of course we all know different. However, in this life perception is a reality to most.

I don't think a single Clemson fan is pleased at the sight of this news, but for the love of all that is Holy STOP MAKING EXCUSES or degrading the reality of what just took place here. A crime was committed and there was an actual victim. I feel zero pity for what these men are about to face. If they get 30 years behind bars then guess what? THEY DESERVE IT!They had every opportunity to do something with their lives and they decided that their life wasn't important. They decided that their life didn't matter. They decided that their futures would be spent behind bars. NOBODY else decided that for them.

After reading some of these comments I wonder about the future of our Republic. We need to stop babying adults and start splitting a few heads when people act out of line. GO TIGERS!

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Your post is garbage.

Mar 29, 2018, 5:56 AM

You have no idea what the circumstances were.

Re: Your post is garbage.

Mar 29, 2018, 6:14 AM

YOU ARE GARBAGE! You act as if I can't read a police report that is available to the public online. Please spare me the sentiments of them being former players and what not. I can tell you this much, NO circumstance would require anyone to break into someone's house with a firearm and rob them. Which is exactly what happened. The fact of whether they knew the alleged victim or whether or not you think he deserved to be robbed is immaterial. The law is the law and people's feelings are simply sideshow bull$hit. If you can convince me of what would be a good reason to enter someone's residence with a firearm and make a robbery attempt then I will eat my words. Please attempt this one. Here is what happened according to police:

Police received a call
Police responded
Police arrive at the scene of the crime
Two grown men who happen to be former Clemson players were on the scene with a firearm in someone else's residence
They were there to execute a robbery
Two grown men were detained and will now face proper justice under the direction of the law.

Again, explain to me what would justify their actions. I'll wait.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Good effort moron. You have no idea what the exact...

Mar 29, 2018, 6:16 AM

circumstances were/are. You're clueless. Maybe they were collecting a debt and went overboard. We don't know the circumstances.

Re: Good effort moron. You have no idea what the exact...

Mar 29, 2018, 7:46 AM

You do realize that'd still be armed robbery, right? Circumstance doesn't matter one ounce... The only thing that does is guilt or innocence. And innocence only happens if it's a lie that they had a gun and used it to get money in any way for any reason. That's up to the courts.

I realize what the charges are, but there are variables as..

Mar 29, 2018, 7:56 AM

far as what the circumstances were. That makes a big difference how I view it. I have known a few people in my life that have collected a debt with the threat of force. It could be that. It might be worse. We don't know. It matters to me. Would someone angry and collecting a debt be the same to you as someone breaking into a house and armed robbing innocent strangers? They are the same charges for both situations, but they are still different in how I view the situations.

Re: I realize what the charges are, but there are variables as..

Mar 29, 2018, 9:28 AM

I can see your point as far as personal view, that's a different side of it. But the courts will view them exactly the same...both are a felony armed robbery and come with jail time if convicted, even if they plead a case of "the person owed us"...or "the guy threatened my girlfriend". Either way, if the story told is true, they barged in unlawfully into a residence armed, stole a cell phone and money. That decision is theirs to own.

I completely agree.

Mar 29, 2018, 9:34 AM

I am just saying that I will wait to judge them until I know the facts. Either way they deserve to be prosecuted, but what I hope happens will vary depending what the facts are.

Mar 29, 2018, 9:59 AM [ in reply to I realize what the charges are, but there are variables as.. ]

Hello, OJ Simpson

Mar 29, 2018, 4:02 PM

This COOT, prescotttiger has had a lot to say the past 14 years, 238 Posts, Registered 8/4/04. Pathetic!!!

Re: Good effort moron. You have no idea what the exact...

Mar 29, 2018, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Good effort moron. You have no idea what the exact... ]

Yeah......keep telling yourself that.

Mar 29, 2018, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Your post is garbage. ]

YOU ARE GARBAGE! You act as if I can't read a police report that is available to the public online. Please spare me the sentiments of them being former players and what not. I can tell you this much, NO circumstance would require anyone to break into someone's house with a firearm and rob them. Which is exactly what happened. The fact of whether they knew the alleged victim or whether or not you think he deserved to be robbed is immaterial. The law is the law and people's feelings are simply sideshow bull$hit. If you can convince me of what would be a good reason to enter someone's residence with a firearm and make a robbery attempt then I will eat my words. Please attempt this one. Here is what happened according to police:

Police received a call
Police responded
Police arrive at the scene of the crime
Two grown men who happen to be former Clemson players were on the scene with a firearm in someone else's residence
They were there to execute a robbery
Two grown men were detained and will now face proper justice under the direction of the law.

Again, explain to me what would justify their actions. I'll wait.

I could be wrong, but I swear I read Clemson PD were able to identify the suspects by a car (white Mercedes). I did not see where LE arrived at the scene and caught them on the spot. Was this in the police report?

Let us simma down now! Remember, it's never as good as it

Mar 30, 2018, 2:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Your post is garbage. ]

seems, nor is it ever as bad as it seems. The positive that i see in this thus far is that the gun was not fired nor any bloodshed.
5 years ago, I caught a 43 and a 23 year old breaking into our Fairfield county farm, stripping copper wire and then in my camper rambling thru everything. The 23 year old was armed with a pistol and had no previous record. He got 2 years of probation + restitution. The 43 year old was not armed but had prior's. He got 2 years jail time.
The difference here though is that there were warm blooded subjects that the 3 perp's were holding at gunpoint.

Mar 29, 2018, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Your post is garbage. ]

carl, i think it's pretty clear what the circumstances are. but, regardless.. his post was about people and discipline, in general. i think his post was spot on. your reply makes you sound like the parent that defends their child, no matter what... "my angel would never ____________"

We all agree on that aspect. Thats said, Chesty's post...

Mar 29, 2018, 8:29 AM

is garbage imo, because he is correlating to this situation without knowing the facts. The circumstances aren't remotely clear as to why they decided to do what they did and what their relationship, if any, was with the person on Sloan st.

Re: We all agree on that aspect. Thats said, Chesty's post...

Mar 29, 2018, 10:09 AM

sometimes it doesn't matter "why" you did what you did... when your action is to show up to someones home w/ a gun.. your intentions are never good.

Why somebody does something often matters.****

Mar 30, 2018, 7:38 AM

Mar 30, 2018, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: We all agree on that aspect. Thats said, Chesty's post... ]

Let's review the facts here for a minute:

They were detained at the scene: FACT

They were unlawfully in someone's residence: FACT

They weren't invited to the residence: FACT

They possessed a firearm with malicious intent: FACT

They stole some possessions: FACT

They were caught with possession of the stolen goods: FACT

CARLSBAD is butt hurt because he feels like there would be a justifying cause to barge into someone's residence with a firearm uninvited. I'll tell you this much, Tiger Football players or not, if they did that to me the police would be there to recover three bodies.

~Chesty Puller

You're too stupid to debate with..

Mar 30, 2018, 8:55 PM

There are so many holes in your idiotic post.

Mar 31, 2018, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Re: We all agree on that aspect. Thats said, Chesty's post... ]

Me too. My .380 wouldn’t wait to ask questions if someone is breaking in my home

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Mar 31, 2018, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Re: We all agree on that aspect. Thats said, Chesty's post... ]

Me too. My .380 wouldn’t wait to ask questions if someone is breaking in my home

Mar 29, 2018, 10:37 AM [ in reply to We all agree on that aspect. Thats said, Chesty's post... ]

??? Voted for Hilary.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually I did not.*****

Mar 29, 2018, 1:16 PM

Re: Actually I did not.*****

Mar 29, 2018, 3:33 PM

Bernie?

Carl... spoken like a true Hillary/Obama voter...

Mar 29, 2018, 1:15 PM [ in reply to We all agree on that aspect. Thats said, Chesty's post... ]

Chesty is 1000% correct. Actions speak louder than words. Their actions say all that needs to be said. They are thugs, pure and simple. No ifs, No ands. No buts.

It bothers me to say it, but it’s true. ??

I whole heartedly disagree.*****

Mar 29, 2018, 1:16 PM

Mar 30, 2018, 11:59 PM [ in reply to We all agree on that aspect. Thats said, Chesty's post... ]

In the Courts it really doesn’t matter if they knew them, were ex lovers, drug stash, owed them money, it is still a felony and the courts have very strict guideline regarding felonies that involves a weapon. It wouldn’t matter if the weapon ends up being a water gun or cap pistol it has the appearance to the victim

Mar 29, 2018, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Your post is garbage. ]

>You have no idea what the circumstances were.

And, you, sir, can't read! The circumstances were what was report. "Armed robbery with a weapon."

What more do you need to know. Did you think they were just acting?

You reap what you sow!

Those are what are called charges. Those aren't...

Mar 29, 2018, 1:28 PM

the circumstances, Einstein.

Re: Maybe life taught me different lessons... HOWEVER

Mar 29, 2018, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Maybe life taught me different lessons... HOWEVER ]

You're absolutely wrong for saying they deserve 30 years. THIS IS THEIR FIRST OFFENSE!! No way they're gonna do 30 years and definitely do not deserve. Right wingers like you is what make that judicial system scary, you're just ready to throw kids in prison for 30 years off their first offense?? Give me a freaking break dude! You're the reason I'm in law school now, people like you give me my motivation to help kids out like jadar and CJ. No way they should do 30 years I bet the bank they won't even get prison time. You should be ashamed of yourself dude, ready to throw these kids behind bars off their first offense!? Get real dude. This really aggravated me smh

Mar 29, 2018, 1:14 PM

Send me an invite to the first trial...”your dudeness, we aim to prove this dude isn’t guilty of what the other dude is saying, and this other dude is a witness dude.”

Mar 29, 2018, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe life taught me different lessons... HOWEVER ]

TCCU® said:

You're absolutely wrong for saying they deserve 30 years. THIS IS THEIR FIRST OFFENSE!! No way they're gonna do 30 years and definitely do not deserve. Right wingers like you is what make that judicial system scary, you're just ready to throw kids in prison for 30 years off their first offense?? Give me a freaking break dude! You're the reason I'm in law school now, people like you give me my motivation to help kids out like jadar and CJ. No way they should do 30 years I bet the bank they won't even get prison time. You should be ashamed of yourself dude, ready to throw these kids behind bars off their first offense!? Get real dude. This really aggravated me smh

100% agreed. There is always more to the story even if they are guilty. They deserve, and will get representation and a trial (unless some sort of plea agreement is reached - which will probably happen down the road).

Mar 29, 2018, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Maybe life taught me different lessons... HOWEVER ]

####

Mar 29, 2018, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Maybe life taught me different lessons... HOWEVER ]

THANK YOU!!! Couldn't have said it better. QUIT MAKING EXCUSES FOR THEIR POOR DECISION!!!

Mar 30, 2018, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Maybe life taught me different lessons... HOWEVER ]

I happen to actually agree with you. There has to be consequences for actions. These grown men decided to go to someone’s home and rob them. It doesn’t matter if it was a drug stash they still committed a very serious felony. They had an opportunity to stay at Clemson, play football and get a degree. Now the only thing they will learn is washing clothes in the laundromat or cooking. They deserve every bit of time they get if they committed the crime, and from all accounts it’s pretty good right case. Hate it for them but they made that choice.

Mar 30, 2018, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Maybe life taught me different lessons... HOWEVER ]

I happen to actually agree with you. There has to be consequences for actions. These grown men decided to go to someone’s home and rob them. It doesn’t matter if it was a drug stash they still committed a very serious felony. They had an opportunity to stay at Clemson, play football and get a degree. Now the only thing they will learn is washing clothes in the laundromat or cooking. They deserve every bit of time they get if they committed the crime, and from all accounts it’s pretty good right case. Hate it for them but they made that choice.

Really? Since when...

Mar 29, 2018, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two former Clemson football players arrested ]

...did "thug" start having racial overtones? What they did (break into a woman's apartment with a gun and rob her) was "thuggish" - does not matter what race or anything else. Don't tell me you have never heard of or seen a white "thug"!

Mar 29, 2018, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two former Clemson football players arrested ]

Living a rap song.

I would argue that robbing someone at gunpoint is not merely a poor decision.

Mar 29, 2018, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two former Clemson football players arrested ]

A lot of thought goes into purchasing/obtaining a gun, going to someone’s apartment, storming inside it, pointing guns in someone’s face, taking items, and leaving with those items.

Hopefully it isn’t drug related. If it is, one has to wonder if these three former football players were going after a dealer, or worse, are the dealer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 29, 2018, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two former Clemson football players arrested ]

What they did is the definition of a thug .
White , black ,yellow or green that’s a thug .
3 big ex football players with a gun robbing someone.
I don’t won’t to hear it could be a drug dealer or he owed money.
It takes 3 people with a gun to settle a debt?

Mar 29, 2018, 12:03 AM

Terrible. This isn't a couple guys getting busted for smoking pot. Armed robbery is a serious crime with serious penalties. They deserve whatever they get and I hope they learn from it. Sucks to see two well-liked Tigers do this.

Mar 29, 2018, 2:00 PM

There have been a lot of people who served lengthy sentences before being found innocent and set free .

Everyone might want to back off a little until more is known . Some seem like a lynch mob mentality .

Hate giving fodder to little brother SCar***

Mar 29, 2018, 12:04 AM

Minor issue in comparison to what happened.

Mar 29, 2018, 4:36 AM

Who cares?

Mar 29, 2018, 12:05 AM

Smdh. Such a disappointment, to themselves and the program. Explains a bit as to why both left early... Pretty deep issues they should have worked on and sight help from the coaching staff... Such promising guys wasted. Hope they enjoyed wearing orange, cause they aren't leaving it now.... Just wearing the shameful version, and one could have wore it proudly this year. Welcome to lesson 101 about getting the wrong advice.

Mar 29, 2018, 12:23 AM

First off, they are innocent until proven guilty. Secondly, Jadar graduated; he did not leave early.

We need to wait for an investigation before making any judgements on their character. They could have truly been falsely accused.

Mar 29, 2018, 12:42 AM

Falsely accused is possible, and yep, you are right in Jadar being a senior and graduating... But that didn't make it any better to do this degreed. In the end, if true, you also have to pay attention to the multiple reports over the years of where he was head wise. Even in an interview 2 days ago, Dabo commented on being happy to see him getting his mental aspect right, which means they tried to help already.

https://www.independentmail.com/story/sports/college/clemson/football/2018/03/15/im-happy-clemsons-jadar-johnson-back-after-leaving-football-work-mental-health/428650002/

It's not like he didn't almost leave the program once:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18399535/clemson-tigers-safety-jadar-johnson-confidence-showing-again

There were issues, so this isnt as cut and dry as some hope... It very well could be true.

What a load***

Mar 29, 2018, 12:43 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two former Clemson football players arrested ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2018, 12:30 AM

Way to Totally Intercourse Your Lives up forever guys.

Mar 29, 2018, 12:31 AM

Way to Totally Intercourse Your Lives up forever guys.

Mar 29, 2018, 9:35 AM

One bad choice doesn't mean their life is over. That's the problem now smh

wow

Mar 29, 2018, 1:10 AM

Did not see this coming from either of them, at all...

Mar 29, 2018, 1:14 AM

Was the guy from Duke the brains of the operation?

Watch Auburn and Louisville battle it out for C.J.

Mar 29, 2018, 1:18 AM

It'll be obviously a surprise to you that it could have been "lack of confidence" Jadar... That tends to be the type of personal ty that makes the irrational over the top decisions to get confidence and respect.

Mar 29, 2018, 2:26 AM

@ClemsonTigerNet please remove this post.. y'all embarrassing us on football recruiting visit

Mar 29, 2018, 2:38 AM

Innocent until proven guilty. Still... Disgusted. And speechless.

dang this sucks

Mar 29, 2018, 3:24 AM

Sounds like Dabo provided exactly what they needed! Once they were exposed to the real world it was more than they could handle.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2018, 4:05 AM

:(

That is such a bummer. Safe to say....

Mar 29, 2018, 4:30 AM

that they ruined their lives if convicted. Hope somehow their is PTI or the charges are dropped. A felony is a life sentence. Sad situation.

I hope PTI is not available for armed robbery

Mar 29, 2018, 4:34 AM

If they are innocent then I hope charges are dropped. If they are guilty I hope they go to prison.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They can be guilty and still I might hope they get off.

Mar 29, 2018, 4:41 AM

Maybe they were selling weed or something and some dude ripped them off and they were trying to collect money like morons? If it was just some stranger they were armed robbing I would hope they go to prison. I bet that isn't the case.

so now you are adding drug charges

Mar 29, 2018, 8:01 AM

no matter what the circumstance, if guilty, they should face justice and consequence for their actions. You can hope they get a lighter sentence, but they should not just be let out of it with PTI or something. They must face consequences for their actions for their sake so maybe they will think twice about doing it again, and to deter anybody else from doing this. It is not much of a deterrent if others see someone do a crime and just get off.

No. You're rambling. They weren't arrested with weed.

Mar 29, 2018, 8:07 AM

Therefore, there would be no charges for that crime. If that were the case, I would hope they would get PTI and avoid being felons for life.

you were the one that brought drugs into this

Mar 29, 2018, 8:34 AM

no they havent been charged for drugs yet, but if the scenario you brought up were to come to light under the investigation then they could certainly still face those charges as well. If this scenario was the case, that certainly would hamper their defense because they couldnt come out and state this to the court as they would basically be implicating themselves and admitting guilt to that crime. Regardless, armed robbery is serious enough and they should face jail if guilty. If it was a case of only drug charges (in a general sense, as you have stated there are no drug charges in this case), I would agree with you on the PTI issue, but for me armed robbery is just too much.

You're the one who brought up charges.

Mar 29, 2018, 8:40 AM

They wouldn't be charged for the weed even if they were there for an old weed debt is my point. There would be no weed to charge them with, even if it were an old weed debt. You don't get how it all works. Moreover, we are getting off track. My point is that the circumstances make a difference. If they broke into some innocent strangers house to rob them, then that is a huge difference. One I would hope they get PTI and the other I think they need some time in the pen.

If it were found under the investigation that this was drug

Mar 29, 2018, 8:57 AM

related, and the police found witnesses or evidence that these guys were involved with drug trafficking or any other drug related crime, more charges could certainly be added no matter if they had it with them or not. It seems you dont know how the investigative process works. If while investigating they find more crimes, you can be charged. Now they wouldnt be charged with possession, as you said there were no drugs on them, but they would hit them up with other drug related charges such as trafficking etc... This evidence would also probably give the police a search warrant where they could search the residences of these guys and if they found drugs there, they then could be hit with possession and depending on how much they found maybe possession with the intent to distribute.

Getting back to your point, I agree a random stranger would be way worse, thats why I stated in my original post I could go for the lightest sentence possible if there are extenuating circumstances. However, in my view, if you pull a gun on someone and rob them, you shouldnt be able to just get away with it without consequence.

Pretty tough to convict anyone of a weed crime with no weed.

Mar 29, 2018, 9:13 AM

They would beat that aspect if charged with any halfway decent lawyer. I doubt they would tell the cops that's why they were there anyway. They would probably just say it was a debt owed. That really doesn't matter though and is aside from the main point. We agree that extenuating circumstances would make a difference. As far as the gun, who knows if it was even pulled on anyone. Maybe one of them was just carrying one. Maybe a couple of them didn't even realize that one of them was carrying or bringing a gun. Let's find out the facts. Maybe everything is as bad as it sounds. Maybe it's not. Let's wait and see.

agreed, and I hope it isnt as bad

Mar 29, 2018, 9:16 AM

thats why I said if guilty.

Re: Pretty tough to convict anyone of a weed crime with no weed.

Mar 29, 2018, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Pretty tough to convict anyone of a weed crime with no weed. ]

What you are failing to see are the actual charges...to be honest, it's like you are trying to look for scenarios to go beyond them and act like they don't exist merely because of a reasoning they could have done it.

In the end, they are being accused of the following:
1) They unlawfully entered into a residence armed. 1st degree burglary and breaking & entering.
2) It is unknown if the gun was registered or unlawfully carried. If unlawful, that's another charge.
3) They stole a cell phone and money. Depending on the amount of cash, could be petty theft or grand theft.

The "reasoning" only resolves your own personal view....if those things above are proven to be true, no reason erases the acts. The courts will indeed convict them on felony charges.

I am not failing to see anything.

Mar 29, 2018, 9:44 AM

The charges are the most obvious part. The courts will do what they will do if convicted. That part is a given. I am not talking about that obvious issue. I think you're missing the points of my post. I am talking about the issue as a human being looking at other human beings.

Mar 29, 2018, 7:11 AM

I'm hoping that maybe somebody just owed somebody some money and things got a little out of control. I'm not excusing it. But hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds.

This is an example

Mar 29, 2018, 7:31 AM

Of the 'court of public opinion' in session. There are actually myriad possibilities here, aside from the most obviously (and assumed) one. There are many facts very few TNetters know...and more to be determined from the 'he said, he said' smoke as everyone involved sought to make themselves out as innocent and detached from the event as possible.

There are few known 'facts':
Three men arrested...that happens while the 'circumstances' warrant detaining them.
A gun was present...only one can possess it. This is key.

Many assumptions:
The three were apparently (arrived?) together, but at this point, it is an assumption.
Did two of them know a third man had a gun? This is also key

The 'damage' as it stands presently is apparent forcible entry, and being arrested with cash and a cell phone. Running away, while it doesn't look good, is a natural reaction, especially if one of the three had no idea what was ultimately to transpire.

All I know is, while our legal system has its flaws, it's infinitely better than the verdicts the 'internet of public opinion' can ever deliver. I can't imagine the number of innocent people who would be locked away on 'emotion'. I mean, the media is so adept at providing 'facts', right?

Re: This is an example

Mar 31, 2018, 12:17 AM

SC also has the law when committing a crime of “hand of one hand of all”.

Mar 29, 2018, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two former Clemson football players arrested ]

I'm honestly trying to figure out this new concept... Does that in any way make it NOT still armed robbery? Why they did it has no baring on changing whether a gun was used and if it was to gain money or any object in any way. If they are shown guilty for that, it's an armed robbery conviction, regardless why it was done.

Mar 29, 2018, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two former Clemson football players arrested ]

I'm honestly trying to figure out this new concept... Does that in any way make it NOT still armed robbery? Why they did it has no baring on changing whether a gun was used and if it was to gain money or any object in any way. If they are shown guilty for that, it's an armed robbery conviction, regardless why it was done.

Obvious And Disappointing Meltdown Of Mental Health***

Mar 29, 2018, 7:27 AM

Obvious And Disappointing Meltdown Of Mental Health***

Mar 29, 2018, 7:27 AM

Mar 29, 2018, 7:37 AM

Obviously they were robbing a drug dealer. No doubt

Mar 29, 2018, 7:38 AM

obviously huh.

Why is that obvious?

Mar 29, 2018, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two former Clemson football players arrested ]

Maybe they are bookies and were collected a debt? Maybe they were the ones dealing and were collecting a debt? There are so many possibilities. You could be correct, but there is nothing obvious here. None of us know. It might be as bad as it sounds or it may not be near as bad as it sounds.

Mar 29, 2018, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two former Clemson football players arrested ]

What makes you think it has anything to do with drugs? Why are you acting like you know the reason to why they did this? Why are you judging? You just automatically assume drugs were involved, sorry I have to bring race into it but is it because they're black? Seriously

Mar 31, 2018, 12:22 AM

That’s the second time you have brought race into it. Nothing to do with race. Three new broke into a hone and committed armed robbery. They all are equally utility as “hand of one, hand of all”. Once they participated they are all guilty of the same crime

Mar 29, 2018, 7:40 AM

It tough to see this after cheering these guys on from the stands. They are like a family member. I'm sad.

Mar 29, 2018, 7:59 AM

WOW, didn't know much about Fuller other than he was from Easley..but Jadar from what I heard of him speaking and what I heard about him- what a shock!! Sad when u think about it. Idle hands are the devils playground. Wish them well, I'll pray for them to get their acts together. Even the dookie

Mar 29, 2018, 8:12 AM

Trial by Social Media is not pretty. Presumed guilty? Nobody is happy to be jailed. The facts will come out, and uninformed opinions should not be a part. Broad daylight, well-known people, nobody ran, occupied dwelling, nobody hurt. Lots of ways this could go, if Presumption of Innocense applies.

Mar 29, 2018, 8:30 AM

I’m still in disbelief. I’ve got photos of Johnson holding my twins...it’s extremely disappointing to say the least...

Message was edited by: jsebe10®

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Mar 29, 2018, 8:30 AM

well, hopefully this will be an eye-opening lesson to current players.. i'm sure dabo will turn this into a positive for current and future players.

imho, this is not a bad reflection to the program. what WOULD be, is if they did this, caught, swept under the rug.. continued to play as if nothing happened. and, you KNOW if this had happened while they were on the team, they'd be off of it immediately.

there's too much "good" about clemson for this to nullify any of it.

Mar 29, 2018, 10:54 PM

You're right Gotigrz, I believe both the University and the city of Clemson are responding properly to this situation. While we are shocked/disappointed/outraged that anyone in our community would commit such a serious (and stupid) crime, we can at least rest assured that these young men will learn firsthand exactly how the criminal justice system works. Thank goodness Clemson is not one of those college towns where law enforcement looks away from incidents involving athletes. We can also be thankful that no one was physically harmed during the robbery or the arrest.

Mar 29, 2018, 9:30 AM

Don't know about the Duke player, but allegedly two guys who have never been in trouble were robbing someone in broad daylight in an apartment in a well-traveled area of downtown Clemson.

There has got to be more to the story.

Mar 29, 2018, 9:46 AM

2 kids with no prior convictions, clean record. I promise you they will not do any prison time. It's not right to just throw someone in prison off their first offense even if it's armed robbery. I mean it can happen, but it's not the right thing to do. Judge's discretion. They can't get PTI off a felony offense so that's out the window. More than likely they will get 2-5 year probation. Pretty sure they'll have a good lawyer setup, might even beat the case. They should be alright, they're out on bail already it's gonna be long process but they will be alright.

To everyone saying their life is over you're part of the problem. You just don't end people lives off their first offense unless it's something violent, murder, rape, etc....

I know people who have got PTI with a felony charge.

Mar 29, 2018, 10:03 AM

Unless something has changed it is possible.

PTI

Mar 29, 2018, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two former Clemson football players arrested ]

Is Your Charge One that Allows for PTI?

"Typically, crimes that are classified as major violent crimes or crimes like driving under the influence are not eligible for PTI. However, domestic violence often is, as are crimes like shoplifting, possession of drugs, and even burglary. In many cases misdemeanor charges allow for PTI, and in some cases, even felony charges can be addressed in this way."

Mar 29, 2018, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two former Clemson football players arrested ]

FYI, not Jadar's first offense:
https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/bond-set-for-arrested-former-clemson-football-players-jadar-johnson/article_978bf3f8-335a-11e8-a7d0-6324ad9ebaee.html

"This is Johnson's second arrest in less than five months. He was arrested in Clemson for malicious injury to real property of $2,000 or less on Nov. 17, 2017."

Mar 29, 2018, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two former Clemson football players arrested ]

Have you ever had a family member’s business suffer through an armed robbery? Members of my family did. Take a look at it from the victims side. One of the family members there during the robbery would wake up with nightmares screaming reliving it over and over (they were put on the floor of their business and one of the “first time offenders” repeatedly said that my family members needed to be dead so as to leave no witnesses). I don’t know what the situation is with this unfortunate incident and I don’t want to know. It’s not really any of my business. I love Clemson and Clemson football and the choice that these young men, who used to be associated with the program, made was terrible and wrong and they need to suffer the consequences of their actions. The train of thought that armed robbery isn’t a violent crime is BS. To downplay the seriousness of armed robbery is also BS. Go Tigers!

Mar 30, 2018, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two former Clemson football players arrested ]

TCCU® said:

2 kids with no prior convictions, clean record. I promise you they will not do any prison time. It's not right to just throw someone in prison off their first offense even if it's armed robbery. I mean it can happen, but it's not the right thing to do. Judge's discretion. They can't get PTI off a felony offense so that's out the window. More than likely they will get 2-5 year probation. Pretty sure they'll have a good lawyer setup, might even beat the case. They should be alright, they're out on bail already it's gonna be long process but they will be alright.

To everyone saying their life is over you're part of the problem. You just don't end people lives off their first offense unless it's something violent, murder, rape, etc....

Don't be fooled...this was armed robbery.....at gunpoint. They committed a felony and will need a very good lawyer and a judge who is a Cu Alum to have the slightest chance of staying out of prison.

Mar 29, 2018, 9:59 AM

Run the jewels

Mar 29, 2018, 10:29 AM

I’m really shocked by this. Jadar always seemed kind of like an innocent kid to me. I don’t know him or anything but just from the interviews I’ve seen. This sucks.

Mar 29, 2018, 10:57 AM

Really saddened to hear this, especially when Dabo wants so hard for his men to act like men and not overgrown boys. I hope there's been some sort of mistake, but it looks pretty bad. I'll pray that C.J. and Jadar come around to realizing that they have to put into practice the things they learned as players. Of course, not the aggressive, physical stuff. But the hard work, integrity, reliability and courage kind of stuff. I hope all Clemson's athletes learn some valuable lessons and take them with them into the real world when fun and games are over. In many respects, it's much more difficult out here than between the sidelines.

Mar 29, 2018, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two former Clemson football players arrested ]

Very sad and disappointing

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2018, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two former Clemson football players arrested ]

It's his second arrest in the last 5 months, FWIW.
https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/bond-set-for-arrested-former-clemson-football-players-jadar-johnson/article_978bf3f8-335a-11e8-a7d0-6324ad9ebaee.html

"He was arrested in Clemson for malicious injury to real property of $2,000 or less on Nov. 17, 2017."

Ouch! Jeez******

Mar 29, 2018, 2:01 PM

Do the crime, do the time

Mar 29, 2018, 10:52 AM

Really disappointing to hear.

Re: Do the crime, do the time

Mar 29, 2018, 11:01 AM

Just one more thought. Something like this may help me to be more compassionate when players from other teams are guilty of wrong doing. It's easy for me to disparage them, their programs and the coaches. They too are people and they (like all of us) make some bad decisions. I'm not talking about condoning bad behavior, but at the very least, somehow respecting the individual, not for what they've done, but because they are people.

Re: Do the crime, do the time

Mar 29, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Do the crime, do the time ]

BINGO !

Stupidity is the key wood. These athletes have . .

Mar 29, 2018, 12:20 PM

opportunities they probably never would have had without a College giving them a ride. And to show how much they appreciate, they do stuff like this. Stupidity. Not everyone is how they appear, you never know. But you expect when you show someone the right way, they can follow . .NOPE!

Is there some reason they couldn't dress up for court?***

Mar 29, 2018, 12:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is there some reason they couldn't dress up for court?***

Mar 29, 2018, 1:11 PM

Most likely, they were taken to the arraignment from their cells and never had an opportunity to change their clothes.

Mar 29, 2018, 12:39 PM

Way to represent boys! Come on man...you guys are better than this....once a Tiger always a Tiger....now, act like one and quit embarrassing the program!!!

Mar 29, 2018, 3:57 PM

The coots are filing in. This COOT has 19 Posts since IT, Registered 11/17/03. IT's feathers are really showing. Can you imagine how much chicken shiot IT has pecked in since 2003. This shows how pathetic IT really is, all of them are actually!!!

Mar 29, 2018, 6:35 PM

"If" they are guilty and they had invaded one of our homes this article would have read two former players shot in attempted home invasion.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does not define The Clemson Tigers! (Gamecocks)

Mar 29, 2018, 8:07 PM

These two FORMER players does not define Clemson at all! Once a player(s) get from under Dabo, they go wild! This maybe was the reason why Fuller could not stay in the program, too much junk on his mind and what to run wild with Johnson. Hope they learn their lesson! Gamecocks, Fuller is a FORMER player! GO TIGERS!!!!!

So disappointed....

Mar 30, 2018, 5:40 AM

I did not get a chance to see many interviews with Fuller....but I loved Jadar's interviews. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for him because of them.

I pray all three of these young men straighten out their lives.

Mar 30, 2018, 8:21 AM

even though these guys ate no longer on the team, their actions are unfortunately a smear on the fb program. im sure dabo has met with them bc i think he genuinely cares about them and their futures.....still

Mar 30, 2018, 8:45 AM

How is this possible? These are Dabo's boyz.

Mar 30, 2018, 8:47 AM

JUST 2 OF THEM. THEY WERE OBVIOUSLY MISLED BY THAT DUKE GUY.

Mar 30, 2018, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two former Clemson football players arrested ]

I'll take 2 for every 20 UGA players

Apr 1, 2018, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two former Clemson football players arrested ]

Mods ban this p o s now sick of this dog

Mar 30, 2018, 8:46 AM

This is unfortunate. Both guys have so much talent and both had such bright futures. I’m not sure why this was worth throwing it all away. Armed robbery is not a petty crime and I hope the victims recover from going through such a scary situation. Idk what the outcome will be for these guys... But, if given a chance to straighten up I hope they make the best of it.

Mar 30, 2018, 12:10 PM

Tough to watch this video and see 3 young men who had opportunities that many do not have, throw their lives and a garbage disposal, and it ground away and down the drain!

What you look like CarlsBad

Mar 30, 2018, 8:02 PM

https://youtu.be/n_ToCYhIJAs

~Chesty Puller

Good effort moron. There's a reason why you are at 88%..

Mar 30, 2018, 8:48 PM

You're a certified idiot.

Re: Good effort moron. There's a reason why you are at 88%..

Mar 30, 2018, 8:57 PM

I care so much about my pulse on Tigernet that I actually lost sleep over it... Thanks for the comical relief. It can be at ZERO and I wouldn't care 1%.

~Chesty Puller

Which is good that you don't worry about it....

Mar 30, 2018, 9:06 PM

but you're too stupid to realize it correlates directly with the fact of what a moron you are.

Re: Which is good that you don't worry about it....

Apr 1, 2018, 5:51 AM

I'm sure I'll consider that while I stack my money. I guess that's a trend, all of the morons make most of the money. I'll stick with being a moron.

~Chesty Puller

I understand they are charged with very serious crime, but

Mar 30, 2018, 10:18 PM

what in the world with the made for television bond hearing. I have never seen a bond hearing in which the accused are brought in and made to stand in a silent courtroom for 10 minutes before a judge or anyone even begins. Usually you see a courtroom full of people waiting for their turn in front of the judge. In that group can be anyone from a murderer to a shoplifter. These guys looked like they had been charged and placed for the Nuremberg trials to begin. If they are convicted or likely plea out, then they will face a stiff sentence. But good grief, I don't understand being brought into a courtroom and stood up for that length of time.

I am not easy on crime, believe me. And if they are guilty, they will have to deal with the consequences. Having said that, I sincerely hope that this is all some kind of strange misunderstanding and CJ and Jadar are not guilty of this.

Re: I understand they are charged with very serious crime, but

Apr 1, 2018, 5:58 AM

I didn't bother watching that until you mentioned it, but having seen it I completely agree.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 166
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic