Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe it's because my daughter is a senior
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,007

Maybe it's because my daughter is a senior

Aug 28, 2020, 12:04 PM

and still has no idea what the ticket situation is, but... I get the $$ side of the equation, but I can't help but think the right answer might have been to let the students use all of the tickets. Sorry if Germans... Question for the IPTAY ticketholders - how would you have reacted to that solution ?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should have at least given them a section in the lower deck.

Aug 28, 2020, 12:22 PM

Incredibly poor.

Re: Maybe it's because my daughter is a senior

Aug 28, 2020, 12:25 PM

I think that's a nice sentiment, but probably not the best option.

With the limited capacity the first priority, unfortunately for the students, had to be to the season ticket-holders. They pay the bills, and they have the most skin-in-the game with regards to Clemson Football.

I'm a Clemson alumnus, so I've experienced both sides of the equation. When you pay over $10,000 a year to IPTAY for football season tickets you tend to value your seats more than when they're given to you as a student. Not to mention, students often don't use their tickets, leave games early, etc...

In a perfect world, everybody gets in, but with a seating capacity of only 19,000, all options stink.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2020, 12:30 PM

The is no way that Clemson would alienate the donors by doing that. While the students may provide the “spirit”, without the money there would be no games. On a regular day I doubt you could get 19,000 students at attend 6 football games. In an environment where classes are online I’m certain it wouldn’t happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2020, 12:51 PM

Like I said - I get the $$ side of this. It would be interesting to know how many season ticket holders actually use their tix this year, as opposed to selling them. Certainly not arguing the right of the donors to do whatever they want. Given the current unusual (to say the least !) circumstances, with students paying full tuition for a "less than optimal" college experience, it just seems like the students (especially upperclassmen) should have been given some more consideration. Again - through my lens as a graduate and legacy parent of a senior....

Aug 28, 2020, 1:07 PM

I would have liked it if the tickets purchased by IPTAY members were not transferable. At a time when season ticket holders are not being allowed to attend all the games, then those with tickets should not be allowed to sell or transfer the tickets to anyone not already a season ticket holder.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without students there would be no university......

Aug 28, 2020, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe it's because my daughter is a senior ]

Money may be the driver but students are the vehicle. They should be the priority.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The athletic department gives the students tickets

Aug 28, 2020, 2:24 PM

For free.

It is a privileged, not a right.

If tne money dries up, the team goes to pot, and the kids won't want to go to the game at all.

I was in school during the west years....I've seen it happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: The athletic department gives the students tickets

Aug 30, 2020, 3:42 AM

You must not have taken economics......nothing is free.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I took a couple econ classes for easy A's to boost

Aug 31, 2020, 10:05 AM

My gpa.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: The athletic department gives the students tickets

Aug 30, 2020, 8:54 PM [ in reply to The athletic department gives the students tickets ]

I believe student tickets are still paid through an "activity fee" or some such nonsense. They may be included in a tuition package but that's not exactly free.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.no.no.no.and no

Aug 31, 2020, 10:04 AM

No
No.
This has come up numerous times.

Activity fee has nothing to do with clemson athletics.

Aug 28, 2020, 12:43 PM

I'm an alum, a mid-level IPTAY donor, and the parent of a student. I agree there should be more tickets available for students. Not all of the tickets, but certainly more.

In my opinion, some IPTAY donors will react poorly to this decision. IPTAY donors often have decades to enjoy games. Those donors realize that students have four years in the student section, and seniors are down to their last one.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2020, 12:49 PM

Wait you say “ IPTAY donors often have decades to enjoy games” but not the students. Umm, the students are younger than the average IPTAY donor and thus statistically have more time to enjoy games in the future than the average IPTAY donor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2020, 1:04 PM

I am an alum (and season ticket holder) and parent of a current senior .

For many students this will be their only opportunity to go to games. Or to ever sit in the lower deck. At the very least they should have received lowers instead of uppers. They are only students once.

My parents are in their 80s and were iptay too. My dad was class of 52. As a senior, I had tickets on the 40, and they as wise iptay members always said the school is for students and this was my opportunity to get great seats.

BTW , money was important in the 80s too.

Aug 28, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe it's because my daughter is a senior ]

TX Tiger® said:

Wait you say “ IPTAY donors often have decades to enjoy games” but not the students. Umm, the students are younger than the average IPTAY donor and thus statistically have more time to enjoy games in the future than the average IPTAY donor.

The message said "students have four years in the student section"

It's a very different experience and they won't have another shot.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it should be free too***

Aug 28, 2020, 12:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2020, 1:04 PM

I would have been fine with every student who wanted to go to the games being allowed to do. I would have wanted some method in place to assure that only students could use the student tickets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Students should be granted more.

Aug 28, 2020, 1:18 PM

My tickets will likely be going to students. Honestly, I don't think people are fully digesting the change in environment.

Gameday is the full package... arriving early, tailgating for hours before game, pre-game in the stadium, gathering at the paw, post game gatherings, etc. Often it's beyond gameday...it's game weekend! It simply will not be anywhere near the same.

I wonder how many IPTAY members would have pledged support for a plan that allocated more tickets to students? I gave that feedback on the survey, but was not directly asked.

Regardless... GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2005_cws_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1000% agree...been preaching this for months

Aug 30, 2020, 7:52 AM

My son is a senior too. Anyone have a single season ticket (lower deck) they want to sell?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2020, 9:32 AM

My 2 lower deck tickets are going to both my sons. One is a. Sr and the other a Fr. would not have had it any other way. I’m good to sit this year out.

Jolly good form***

Aug 31, 2020, 10:10 AM

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,007
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic