Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Notre Dame's Brian Kelly excited about rematch with Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,581

TNET: Notre Dame's Brian Kelly excited about rematch with Clemson

Dec 8, 2020, 8:01 AM

Notre Dame's Brian Kelly excited about rematch with Clemson

It’s rematch time with Notre Dame, and Fighting Irish head coach Brian Kelly said his team is excited about the chance to take on No. 3 Clemson and quarterback Trevor Lawrence in the ACC Championship. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mostly coach speak but well stated.***

Dec 8, 2020, 8:09 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Notre Dame's Brian Kelly excited about rematch with Clemson

Dec 8, 2020, 8:19 AM

He is an arrogant A** ****. What is he going to do when Clemson throws something totally different that they have not seen. Keep thinking with those thoughts Mr. Kelly.

You're assuming that Tony will come up with a few wrinkles

Dec 8, 2020, 4:41 PM

I'm hopeful, but doubtful. Listen up, Coach. "We know what their scheme is..." Sounds like an invitation for innovation! Let's do it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2020, 8:21 AM

In other words, he doesn’t think Clemson is physical enough to beat his team. I’m sure our guys will be made aware.

Dec 8, 2020, 8:22 AM

He is an arrogant A** ****. What is he going to do when Clemson throws something totally different that they have not seen. Keep thinking with those thoughts Mr. Kelly.

Dec 8, 2020, 8:22 AM

Dec 8, 2020, 8:25 AM

I remember when he also said that he wasn't worried about playing in the valley until he walked on the field at game time.

Dec 8, 2020, 8:27 AM

TEE IT UP!

Brian Kelly is a purple-faced murderer and I DGAF

Dec 8, 2020, 8:46 AM

what he thinks. I hope we knock them out of playoff contention after beating them by at least 4 TDs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Brian Kelly is a purple-faced murderer and I DGAF

Dec 8, 2020, 9:21 AM

Yeah I hope we beat the crap out of these ACC pretenders

Dec 8, 2020, 10:14 AM

Articulate?? All I heard was him babbling a few cliches with a big helping of ego.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe I am alone in saying this, but

Dec 8, 2020, 11:32 AM

can we drop the "but, with a back-up quarterback" rhetoric when talking about the loss the ND in double OT? DJ Uiagalelei is an absolute stud and proved it with his game play that day. He will be an eventual #1 NFL draft pick. I understand it was his 2nd start and it was on the road with against a top 5 team and there may have been some rookie mistakes and we didn't have our current #1 draft pick, but we lost the game because of our run blocking and I believe the main reason we still had a chance to win the game in the end is BigCinco's play and the ice in his veins to begin with. I am not sure there would have been much of a difference in outcome with Trevor. That is not a knock on Trevor, but more of an appreciation for DJ.

Well said, however as good as he is...inexperience hurt us.

Dec 8, 2020, 11:46 AM

Trevor is a better game manager with all of his experience. His bond with Travis means no fumble. Trevor would have not allowed ND to get back on the field in the last moment.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well said, however as good as he is...inexperience hurt us.

Dec 9, 2020, 4:53 PM

Exactly!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe I am alone in saying this, but

Dec 8, 2020, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Maybe I am alone in saying this, but ]

We lost that game because half of our defensive starters were out (or were injured at some point throughout the game) including the QB of the defense (Skalski), and arguably our best D-lineman (Davis). Those 2 were the biggest ones, but add in injuries to Bresee, Mascoll, Foster, Mike Jones, Booth, Nolan Turner and Lannden Zanders...

If we're at full strength on D, Book won't know what hit him. It'll look like a completely different defense than what he saw the first time. We weren't able to slow down their offense at the end of the game (last drive in regulation and 2 OT TDs), and to me that was the difference in the game.

All that said, we did have an opportunity to put the game away with our last drive in regulation, and didn't... who knows if TL16 would've been able to or not, but if they called the same plays, I don't see the result being any different.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe I am alone in saying this, but

Dec 8, 2020, 1:49 PM

don't forget.we were also missing our top recievers,namely ross and ngata.not to mention a very timely o-line holding call in that last reg. time drive.believe it was the only such call on us for the entire game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 8, 2020, 1:36 PM

My hope is that Trevor will show and prove to the mouth breather Brian Kelly, that it definitely does make a difference of what Clemson QB that his team faced on November 7th, compared to the QB his team will face on December 19th.

I pray that Trevor shows him the difference between an experienced elite starting QB with 3 season behind him, than it was playing against an elite backup QB that had no experience, when his team played against our true freshman DJ Uiagalelei with only his 2nd start ever against a D-1 power 5 team.

Kelly says that it doesn't make a difference in what QB his team will face, well Brian Kelly, you will see the difference when our playbook is opened up, and our elite QB, Trevor Lawrence, is running our offense on December 19th. Win or lose, you will see the difference with Trevor Lawrence running our offense, than what you saw with an inexperienced true freshman QB, with only his second start when he face your team on November the 7th... There will be a difference, and hopefully it causes you and your team to be out of the playoffs, and your FB season ending on December 19th, along with your dream of winning the ACC championship!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2020, 1:55 PM

don't forget.DJ passed for more yards than anyone else in the domers history.TL didn't do too badly as well in the cotton bowl,just a stopover on the way to destroying alabama.don't recall any of kelly's teams doing anything like that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 8, 2020, 3:24 PM

If Skalski is healthy it is game over!!! If not, it may be another close one but we definitely take this one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 5:57 PM

Meyer turned down Texas, word is his "dream job is ND. I don't see that job coming open anytime soon.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the tug abides

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,581
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic