Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mangey footbaw poast.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Mangey footbaw poast.

Jan 21, 2021, 11:18 AM

Am I the only one who has read a lot of these front page stories about certain players returning and had the same feeling you get when your great aunt Ethel tells you she’s staying an extra week at Christmas? “Oh....Spiers and Kendrick are returning........that’s.....great.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mangey footbaw poast.

Jan 21, 2021, 11:19 AM

Nolan Turner gonna run it back for another year... Oh good...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the BYU model that works so well

Jan 21, 2021, 11:22 AM

for their opponents.

Field a team of 27 year olds, finish up at the San Diego Padres Tijuana donkey show bowl.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not nearly as sexy as having Christian Wilkins return though***

Jan 21, 2021, 11:22 AM

You're probably not the only one.

Jan 21, 2021, 11:24 AM

I imagine there are numerous other people that are completely wrong along with you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.

Jan 21, 2021, 11:31 AM

Like I said before....kinder, more tolerant America.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand you are a big fan of Spiers, and probably

Jan 21, 2021, 12:27 PM [ in reply to You're probably not the only one. ]

clap mightily when he kicks a 45 yard punt from the opponents 40 yard line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spiers was good last year

look it up

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Much improved and more than serviceable.

Jan 21, 2021, 11:38 AM

No problems with him returning at all. Kendrick and Thomas just need to get some focus because they have the raw talent. Skalski is a huge plus because it gives someone another year to learn how to QB the defense, and Turner is a very good safety. I think we all know that when this group plays at peak potential that they're an excellent defense. When they don't and lose focus, they're pretty pedestrian. I think we can chalk some of that up to a Covid year, and some up to Dabo for spending the last third of the season being a Twitter-Trump with Ohio State instead of keeping the team focused.

You are right on XT and DK but I am not sure they will

Jan 21, 2021, 11:49 AM

be able to stay focused. XT might get lost on this DL with all the "talent" we have there. DK really needs to prove himself.

Turner knows what to do but he can be a liability back there with faster WRs. I got beat when he had to help out in coverage. You cannot teach speed either, so that will just be his limitations.

I am ho-hum about Skalski. The leadership and knowledge of the position will help out tremendously but is he a liability by keeping others from getting reps then getting kicked out of a game when we need him most? That has happened at least 3 times, right?

Nobody is talking about the OL though. Are we going to be able to block the good defensive lines? We didn't last year.

Lastly, I am concerned with RB. Etienne leaves a HUGE hole back there. He will be hard to replace.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't wait to see how Tony Elliot adapts the offense

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw an article that hit spot-on in the last week saying that

Jan 21, 2021, 11:42 AM

Elliot should take a summer visit to meet with Steve Sarkisian in Texas and Joe Brady in Charlotte. I like that idea. Those guys definitely have some innovative offensive ideas, especially with creating a hard to defend route tree in the passing game.

I saw a rumor about him becoming the Dolphins OC***

Jan 21, 2021, 11:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw that too, but I'm not sure how valid that really is.

Jan 21, 2021, 12:10 PM

His name gets tossed around these days for every opening from Ulysses S. Grant Junior High School to the NFL, but I think he's happy at Clemson until a mythically perfect no-lose situation in college football turns up.

Yeah moonwalking into the CFP every year is such a drag.***

Jan 21, 2021, 11:39 AM

Can't wait to see Kendrick....

Jan 21, 2021, 11:46 AM

5 yards behind the WR scoring TDs in the CFP again.

Dude got torched by LSU and OSU the last 2 years. If you watch the highlights, you see someone scoring a TD, and 5 yards back is Kendrick.

It's like Kearse against Bama the first time.

It certainly eliminates all the excuses.

Jan 21, 2021, 11:52 AM

Which is a good thing. I have been all in on the 2021 team since before the first 2020 kickoff. Just looking at the roster and the ages, all I could see was "struggle this year, on point next year". I'm sill all in - well, you can't take your chips back, can you - and I'll stand on it. But yeah, there are no excuses now, and I won't look for any if it doesn't pan out, barring an injury to DJ. .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, there have been a couple that brought about the

Jan 21, 2021, 11:56 AM

"wish he would have gone on elsewhere" reaction. This could have a bad "trickle down" effect where we lose some good players to the transfer portal potty due to lack of playing time next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe they just needed another year to break through?

Jan 21, 2021, 12:28 PM

I really thought Streeter would put a stop to our QBs

Jan 21, 2021, 12:31 PM

Leaving after 3 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic