Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Man..Herbie had prolific thoughts about Lincoln Riley & his O & QB philosophy and Clemson & TL.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,397

Man..Herbie had prolific thoughts about Lincoln Riley & his O & QB philosophy and Clemson & TL.

Oct 2, 2019, 12:31 PM

Said 30 NFL scouts are coming in to pick Lincoln's brain due to making the run most important and then making it simple for the QB to make decisions so to open up the passing game.

And, Clemson (like our team after the 2nd Natty and Bama last year after winning year b/4) have lost that high competitive Edge that you have if you haven't won the Natty.

Is he right, as well as TL could be in a Soph slump?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Man..Herbie had prolific thoughts about Lincoln Riley & his O & QB philosophy and Clemson & TL.

Oct 2, 2019, 2:03 PM

Let's say that even if they had lost some competitive edge; statements such as these will get them fired up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Man..Herbie had prolific thoughts about Lincoln Riley & his O & QB philosophy and Clemson & TL.

Oct 2, 2019, 3:24 PM

It is a great time for the Bye week to address several concerns. The FSU game will tell us a lot about how well we've diagnosed our issues, put adjustments in place and execute. I think we will get our arms around the challenges and the players will come out fired up. A solid game against FSU can carry over the rest of the year as it has in the past. I'm glad the spotlight is off of us for now. Let the media and talking heads go brag on the SEC, OSU and OK for a while and leave us alone. We will be right where we need to be when it matters most.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2019, 4:32 PM

That does indirectly touch on something. Our schemes are becoming more complicated. Too complicated? Slow developing RPO. No time to go through pass progressions.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ BINGO!

Oct 2, 2019, 4:55 PM

Exactly.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2019, 5:00 PM

Did Riley tell them the key to his offense is to play a team with no defense?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2019, 9:26 AM

True. Just a random thought, has there ever been a Big 12 football game where the two teams scored more than their basketball teams did when they met? I'll bet in that league, it may have actually happened a time or two.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt that the team has lost the competitive edge

Oct 3, 2019, 9:47 AM

that the program has had the last 3 years. If I am interpreting the term "competitive edge" correctly, it means "fire in the belly".

This team is very young, and they may actually be pressing to hard at times.

If you have ever been fortunate enough to play as a young kid (freshman/sophmore) on a team that has had great success on a senior laden team you will understand my thoughts.

When your time comes to play and carry the mantle, the absolute last hing that you want to do is let down those team mates that have graduated or moved on. It is a lot of pressure to live up to the standard that has been set. On a high school team , I was fortunate to have played on three back to back state championshiops in SC. I played behind a great senior grou that won the first two of those championships. That grouop graduated, and everybody that cared about soccer in the state of SC expected Irmo High school to be a dumpster fire in 1979. Well I and my fellow rising seniors in 79 felt huge pressure to not let it drop off. In our case , we were notthe "top shelf" type players that just graduated,, but it was our time. We won the state agin in 1979, and bonds were built with that group that last til today.

I can imagine the pressure these guys are feeling to live up to the hype. We were not expected to succeed at the same level in 1979, these guys on the Clemson team are facing a dissapointed fan base , with anything less than another National Championship. I think they get it done. They have the character to do it, or Dabo would not have them there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,397
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic