Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Man, if these “Rumors” are true about Rudolph
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Man, if these “Rumors” are true about Rudolph

Jan 29, 2020, 10:56 PM

I will be Disappointed! He is one of my Favorites. Has a good Motor and gets after it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And what "rumor" is that??***

Jan 29, 2020, 11:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And what "rumor" is that??***

Jan 29, 2020, 11:08 PM

That he is leaving the Program.

Re: Man, if these “Rumors” are true about Rudolph

Jan 29, 2020, 11:15 PM

Why would he be leaving? More PT or something else. If he does, it'll be another feaster or kb disaster. Much more likely to play his way into the nfl at Clemson.

If he does leave for a chance at more PT then he sure doesn't have much confidence in himself.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2020, 11:28 PM

I believe he is graduating in May. But, he has 2 years of eligibility left.

Fair at math & an unbiased assessing the reality of a situation...

Jan 30, 2020, 12:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Man, if these “Rumors” are true about Rudolph ]

problem is a transfer is not a fresh start & unless he has Elite size & athleticism any advantage had in these areas will be nullified because he's new to the team, environment, etc.-an outsider-dropping down a division is the way to go for Sunday play, NFL Scouts scour these types(lower tier backwater school) until they manufacture a sleeper prospect

If he is not getting major playing time at Clemson

Jan 30, 2020, 9:40 AM

what are his chances of making it to the NFL ??

Jan 30, 2020, 2:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Man, if these “Rumors” are true about Rudolph ]

He’s not a future NFL player, and he probably wants to start the next two years. Playing college football today is a year round commitment and if you aren’t starting in year 4 and 5, it can be difficult. If he does leave he’ll be doing the same thing as Chase Brice and going to a lower level program, like Wake or ECU.

UFA & Steeler 53 man roster or

Jan 30, 2020, 4:49 AM

could spend some time on a practice squad initially. He's been getting more than his share of playing time from day 1 as a true freshman but we outrecruited his position-well on potential/projection wise; as there has been little to no production from DE pos group (DE-1or2 highest rated group)

Is it possible that he recognizes that the NFL is not an

Jan 30, 2020, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Man, if these “Rumors” are true about Rudolph ]

option and he wants to play more somewhere else AND/OR get his Master's in a field not offered at Clemson

Jan 30, 2020, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Man, if these “Rumors” are true about Rudolph ]

Baylor is pursuing Brice. They have a returning QB but with a serious concussion history. Don't know what it means but they are serious.

Jan 30, 2020, 3:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Man, if these “Rumors” are true about Rudolph ]

Too many people make the assumption that it is always about playing time, and always in an effort to make it to the NFL. Playing time is limited, even for elite players at Clemson. For the elite player that can be a good thing because it is less wear and tear. If a player considers the NFL more of a long shot, he may want more PT just to compete while he still can.

As you mentioned, there could always be that something else, especially if he is graduating. Maybe he is interested in a graduate program at another school. Maybe he wants to be closer to home, a family member or a friend. Most non athletes do not stay in Clemson when their academics are over. We should appreciate that these young men are much more than football players, and realize that they can be happy with their Clemson experience, but still feel like it is time to move on.

Jan 30, 2020, 5:41 AM

Yeah, having viable DL you can swap in & out w/ fresh legs & no drop off(part.vs tempo) is a huge weapon. But there is no "tread-wear" precaution associated w/ the DE position for any NFL prospect coming out of college(or any position other than RB)-

Jan 30, 2020, 7:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Man, if these “Rumors” are true about Rudolph ]

have you people not been paying attention to recruiting. logan is a very good player but not in the same ballpark as some of the guys we have recruited. as long as he graduates who could blame him for looking around. the kid loves playing not standing on the sideline.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2020, 7:25 AM

This was my thought as well

Jan 30, 2020, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Man, if these “Rumors” are true about Rudolph ]

I wouldn't blame him either and he is certainly not the same caliber as the other guys but that kid ain't standing on the sidelines.

He was a co-starter this year and played over higher ranked 4 and 5 star guys. His motor and ability to make plays keeps him in the field ...I don't care who is coming into the program.

Jan 30, 2020, 12:40 AM

If he is graduating, this is completely understandable.

Muschump in his ear?

Jan 30, 2020, 2:55 AM

If ya can’t beat ‘em, have them join ya so they can feel like losers, too.

~JKB

Jan 30, 2020, 5:12 AM

Where did you hear or read that rumor?

Jan 30, 2020, 9:42 AM

I wish everyone had his motor, love the way he plays.

Did he see Myles Murphy or something because he is better than anyjuan else we have on the roster at DE currently and was the only juan making any noise from the DE spot this year from what I could see. Mascoll, Thomas, Henry certainly haven’t blown past him by any stretch. Best of luck to him he is a ball player.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr. Hood, any truth to the rumors?

Jan 30, 2020, 8:27 AM

davidhood®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David said yesterday...

Jan 30, 2020, 8:42 AM

that he was fairly certain that a defensive player (DE) would be moving on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The "other' rumor/story is

Jan 30, 2020, 8:31 AM

that the Williams redshirt/move to DE has worked better than anyone thought.

As someone else pointed out,I hope Rudolph will use his College Football Ability to get his Masters at Clemson or somewhere else.

Sigh......

Jan 30, 2020, 9:10 AM

Source?

Re: Sigh......

Jan 30, 2020, 10:09 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-Hood-26815608#26815608

He himself didn't mention Logan but I assume that thread is where it got started.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you know what the worst kind of rumors are?

Jan 30, 2020, 9:23 AM

the ones that are true.

Jan 30, 2020, 9:31 AM

not wishing anyone to leave but there must be some who are because we are going to be over on scholarships if not. I had heard we would be about 88 if some dont leave or arent renewed if they got them for a year only. I'm sure the coaches will have this under control

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2020, 9:37 AM

The rumor is true, at least true that he’s considering leaving the program. Don’t know if he’s looking to transfer, or just step away from football and start working.

Jan 30, 2020, 9:45 AM

It was mentioned yesterday that it is thought that this is more about stepping away from football rather than trying to find another program to play for.

If he is trying to find another program to play for there could be several reasons.

I think the biggest reason may be that he realized this season that he is a much better 3-4 DE than 4-3 DE. He was far and away more productive this season than any year before. Maybe that is natural development or maybe he was finally in the best role for him.

He could also think he is being passed on the depth chart. If that is true, I wouldn't expect to hear anything until after spring practice when it would be confirmed where he stands.

He could potentially be just looking for more playing time even though he is happy with the Clemson depth chart, but I think this is the least likely reason.

by Rumor, you mean this thread? That you started?***

Jan 30, 2020, 10:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: by Rumor, you mean this thread? That you started?***

Jan 30, 2020, 10:06 AM

It was mentioned a couple of times yesterday in different threads.

Not sure if it's true but he isn't the first.

Re: by Rumor, you mean this thread? That you started?***

Jan 30, 2020, 10:09 AM [ in reply to by Rumor, you mean this thread? That you started?*** ]

No, as in this thread by David Hood...

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-Hood-26815608#26815608

He himself didn't mention Logan but I assume that thread is where it got started.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic