Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
MY ONLY TWO CONCERNS WITH BELK'S TRANSFER
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

MY ONLY TWO CONCERNS WITH BELK'S TRANSFER

May 17, 2018, 8:29 AM

1. He came just in time for the installs for this upcoming season. He had access to plenty of film, and he was issued an IPAD with the entire playbook on the dang thing. Who's to say that he didn't download the playbook onto an external hard drive and take it with him to COOTERVILLE. I do not like the smell of this and TIGERBOB doesn't either.

2. I'm concerned that Belk's may shut down entirely thanks to Amazon Prime. I mean, who could compete with internet sales and the amount of shipping quality that Amazon offers. Amazon is putting a lot of pressure on other retail businesses. We have to get Dabo to put a stop to this at once. Other than that, I wish Belk's well in their decision to transfer their retail locations to Columbia.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Valid points CP.***

May 17, 2018, 8:34 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure you need Admin rights to download anything

May 17, 2018, 8:35 AM

I'm in cyber security so it would be crazy for the IT staff to allow students to download anything off of their machines.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sure you need Admin rights to download anything

May 17, 2018, 8:48 AM

He could take screen-grabs, or take pictures with another device, right?

Re: I'm sure you need Admin rights to download anything

May 17, 2018, 9:01 AM [ in reply to I'm sure you need Admin rights to download anything ]

cu81grad said:

I'm in cyber security so it would be crazy for the IT staff to allow students to download anything off of their machines.

I've seen much worse happen at high levels of our government pertaining to classified information. One can only hope that the IT Staff did their jobs on this one. Other than that, I hope they pancake that kid every chance that they can in November. My motto has always been, Death Before Dishonor. I guess some folks don't understand honor and loyalty anymore. To me, betrayal is almost unforgivable or at the very least irreconcilable to any degree of trust again. I HOPE WE SHATTER THE SCOREBOARD IN NOVEMBER!

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Re: MY ONLY TWO CONCERNS WITH BELK'S TRANSFER

May 17, 2018, 9:14 AM

Does anyone know if the defensive players actually get the whole playbook or just the defensive playbook? Don't really see why a player would get the offensive plays if he plays on the DL...

Coots don't know how to work a thum drive

May 17, 2018, 9:17 AM

You worry too much

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Just FYI. The stores are "Belk" not "Belk's"

May 17, 2018, 9:21 AM

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

May 17, 2018, 9:29 AM

You seriously think we would hand out iPads to kids that were able to be downloaded.

It’s on a secure server that they access via password. Nothing is stored on the iPad, and certain features are disabled, like screenshots.

I suppose he could take a picture with his phone, but I honestly am not worried about that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2018, 11:11 AM

You seriously think we would hand out iPads to kids that were able to be downloaded.

It’s on a secure server that they access via password. Nothing is stored on the iPad, and certain features are disabled, like screenshots.

I suppose he could take a picture with his phone, but I honestly am not worried about that.

Not to sound snarky, but are you stating this as a fact of first hand knowledge, or basic logical speculation. Inquiring minds would love to know. Serious question, because if you know first hand how those IPADs function then it would ease a lot of concerns on my end. Thanks in advance.

~Chesty Puller

May 17, 2018, 11:21 AM

I believe Clemson uses an app called PlayerLync, which was made popular by the NFL.

It allows for several security permissions, and can be deployed as a cloud based solution, which means nothing sensitive is stored on the unit, and permissions can be restricted or shut down. The device can be wiped at a moments notice on a user basis.

I work in this industry at an enterprise level and very much understand what mobile device management is capable of regarding security permissions and even monitoring a user.

Even if that’s not Clemson’s choice of app, I can guarantee you that what they have now is 1000x more secure than a paper playbook.

You need not have any worries about Josh Belk’s ipad. That Sir, is a promise.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots buy their gear from Columbia area Walmart stores then

May 17, 2018, 9:47 AM

return it after losing every major sport to us so it's a bad decision for Belk.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic