Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
MSM reporting 150 million ‘Muricans at risk of freezing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

MSM reporting 150 million ‘Muricans at risk of freezing

Feb 13, 2021, 6:46 PM

Next story: Global climate change has hottest weather on record.
ROTFLMAO!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lemme see the scenario where I freeze to death

Feb 13, 2021, 6:55 PM

Ok, so heater goes out. Space heater, gas logs, still warm. Electricity goes out? Gas logs and generator. Ok, electricity and gas go out? Still have tons of wood plus generator. Ok, natural gas gone. Gas station runs out of gasoline. Electricity goes out, and gas. Ok, then have LP gas for the generator. Wait, generator dies? Well, in that case we go down to the creek and freaking camp by the campfire.

I'm really trying to figure out how to freak out about this. It's pretty hard. Might be different in Minnesota.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lemme see the scenario where I freeze to death

Feb 13, 2021, 7:41 PM

Tig

The high temperature in Minnesota tomorrow will be -7. YOU may want to camp out by the creek, but leave me the hell out of it !!

Still good down to -7.

Feb 14, 2021, 2:16 PM

But yeah, that wood suck moar. There are dirt poor Russians, poorer than our poorest poor, who survive -40. It can be done, and cheeply.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MSM reporting 150 million ‘Muricans at risk of freezing

Feb 13, 2021, 7:01 PM

not true

died of covid

trumps fault

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2021, 7:45 PM

I HOPE that you are smart enough to know this already, otherwise I am going to have to think that you are being willfully ignorant.

Global warming refers only to the Earth's rising surface temperature, while climate change includes warming and the “side effects” of warming—like melting glaciers, heavier rainstorms, more frequent drought or more extreme temperatures.

https://www.nrdc.org/stories/global-climate-change-what-you-need-know

Feb 13, 2021, 8:18 PM

Why are you still driving a car???????

Feb 13, 2021, 8:45 PM

I do have to get around a bit, but I drove less than 1/3rd of the national average last year and my car gets 52 miles to the gallon, and I meet admissions standards for a state I do not live in, so I am doing my best.

How about you ? Are you willing to sacrifice a bit to keep future generations from having to suffer a lot ? If we would recognize the science and all pull together, we could minimize the price to be paid. But the longer we wait, the more drastic the sacrifices and suffering will be.

Feb 14, 2021, 3:18 PM

My car gets 20 mpg but I ride a bike to work most days.

Perhaps its just the jet stream taking a dip south?

Feb 15, 2021, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: MSM reporting 150 million ‘Muricans at risk of freezing ]

The way it has for centuries

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder why they didn't go for an even 200.***

Feb 13, 2021, 8:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2021, 8:47 PM

i got my downstairs thermostat on 68

I know right Bengaline

Feb 14, 2021, 3:16 PM

it is 85 here and getting ready to have our second thunderstorm today, no way people are freezing. I call fake news.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm thinking the next story might be something about

Feb 14, 2021, 3:48 PM

how the melting and receding polar ice caps are weakening the hold that the arctic area has on its cold systems, whereby this cold air is now more vulnerable to being pushed or drawn out by warmer weather fronts that would otherwise lack the power to do so.

More cold and rain down south, warmer and faster ice melts up north, which then accelerates the whole process even more.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are we just winging it now?

Feb 15, 2021, 1:15 PM

Every time there is a storm we have to theorize why there was a storm?

they found a guy frozen to death outside

Feb 15, 2021, 1:14 PM

of a tire store last night. He was probably so drunk or high, he didnt know he was dying. Just went to sleep.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: they found a guy frozen to death outside

Feb 15, 2021, 2:38 PM

the same thing happened to my cousin Jim, fell asleep drunk outside a bar cause too drunk to find his car. He was well on his way anyway.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic