Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Love to See a BIG or PAC 9-0 Unbeaten Left Home from Playoff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,403

Love to See a BIG or PAC 9-0 Unbeaten Left Home from Playoff

Oct 11, 2020, 6:21 PM

by an undefeated BYU or 1-Loss UNC beat by Clemson in ACCCG. Bucknutz would go crazyeee

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love to See a BIG or PAC 9-0 Unbeaten Left Home from Playoff

Oct 11, 2020, 8:11 PM

OSU will win their first game and immediately be ranked 2-3 in the polls, at least. And they only have, like what, an 8 game schedule? I don't keep up with the Big 10 BS, but they can only play "catch up" at a big disadvantage when they actually start to play.

Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 8:21 PM

I agree. Justin Fields will come out and look fantastic and they(biased media) will pronounce him the Heisman favorite immediately.
The man crushes and nostalgia loving media types who remember when more than 0 4 0 st was relevant in the Big 10 just won't let it go. On another note it's the same story for Southern Cal, Notre Dame, Miami and Texas! Because of they did decades ago!

It's crazy they can't bring themselves to what is happening now!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 9:06 PM

Sorry but that is just dumb. Michigan has the most all time wins of any school and 11 National Championships, Ohio St has 8 National Championships, Penn St. has 2 consensus National Championships and 13 undefeated seasons, Michigan State has 6 National Championships and Nebraska has 5 National Championships. Due respect to the I think I am the greatest SEC, The Big 10 has the most tradition and the most power in the NCAA.

Oct 11, 2020, 8:51 PM

That will never happen, too much TV power in those conference areas.

I can easily see an undefeated PAC being left out. They are

Oct 11, 2020, 9:03 PM

only playing six games plus a final championship. Going 7-0 in the PAC vs, say, Clemson going 11-1 is an easy nod to Clemson in my opinion. I’d be surprised if they did otherwise. We will have played five more games than them, and there’s a chance we will have played three top ten teams (ND, Miami and maybe UNC).

null

Oct 11, 2020, 8:55 PM

I know, and Army and Navy won Natty too at one point, lets talk modern era....who has done what since 1980 (1979?)

By rights, the PAC 12 shouldn't even be considered for the

Oct 11, 2020, 8:57 PM

CFP at all. They pretty much had to be dragged kicking and screaming into even playing a partial season at all. They should not receive the benefit of the doubt in any situation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: By rights, the PAC 12 shouldn't even be considered for the

Oct 11, 2020, 11:05 PM

I’d add Little 10 to that. 3 less games than ACC. 2 less than SEC and Big 12. Nope. Especially since they will not be able to make up more than 1 game, if that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 4:49 AM

If the BIG champ is undefeated with wins over OSU or PSU and the likes of UM and UW they will get in for sure. It would be earned.

Oct 12, 2020, 5:33 AM

The BIG 10 schedule really isn’t all that different this year from every year, just missing one interdivisional game and four cupcakes. They pretty much get to decide who their playoff contenders are based upon a few games.

I really like the concept of having the ACC play 10 conference games with one rivalry game, South Carolina and another Inter-conference game with either the SEC or the BIG. Would be great if the lasting result of COVID-19 would be removal of non-competitive, non-conference cupcake scheduling.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,403
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic