Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney says Tigers won despite Bryant's poor play, youth and defensive lapses
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney says Tigers won despite Bryant's poor play, youth and defensive lapses

Nov 5, 2017, 7:07 PM

Swinney says Tigers won despite Bryant's poor play, youth and defensive lapses

Kelly Bryant played his worst game of the season, and Clemson still won. Clemson made a ton of mistakes, on the road against a ranked team, and still won. Clemson took a ton of younger players on the road against a senior-laden team, made mistakes, and still won. It was that kind of night in Raleigh. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love how Dabo Responds

Nov 5, 2017, 8:35 PM

Next man up, and next game up. We play with who we have, and there are no excuses. Hmm! Maybe Dave Doren could take a lesson from one who gets it, since he obviously doesn't. I looked at the crappy calls early in the game that really let them get a lead, and I reflected on Dabo's handling of it. We have much for which to be thankful. NCSU, should demand better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love how Dabo Responds

Nov 5, 2017, 10:49 PM

Big Dex gets chopped twice against GT, (I'm sure there have been many more), we needed him there at the end and didn't have him. Hope he can respond well to treatment. Speaking of chop blocks, I'm watching the replay(slow mow DVR),at 4:08 mark, (ETN TD), refs call chop on Crowder and Anchrum, huh?, TV analysts say Crowder and Falcinelli. If they officiate a GT game, they'll never get it over with!

Re: Love how Dabo Responds

Nov 6, 2017, 11:59 AM

I noticed the same thing...when you watch the videos of how GT was cutting Dex, it looked the exact same...so which is it? Which is allowed and/or not, cause what they called on us the other night is basically what GT did the entire game.

And, one might say, despite some shortsighted playcalling by the OC's -

Nov 6, 2017, 6:52 AM

Namely- 1) continuing to press the issue of Bryant throwing the long ball when he was clearly having an awful day. We wasted a lot of downs when long after it read clear that it wasn't working; and 2) that weak and overly conservative attempt to burn clock before State's last possession when we just let Bryant keep it when it was clear the D was honing in on just that.

I think the laptop is what pushed us over the top

Nov 6, 2017, 6:54 AM

:D

Re: New Story: Swinney says Tigers won despite Bryant's poor play, youth and defensive lapses

Nov 6, 2017, 7:39 AM

The NCSU football strategy failed. Keep good players around longer and win with experience. Bet their coaches reaction is, in part, because this was his shot at DIV/Conf Title. Gone...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney says Tigers won despite Bryant's poor play, youth and defensive lapses

Nov 6, 2017, 8:11 AM

I thought Mack Brown perfected this at UNC. Recruit a great class. Play them all four years and then bail when they all graduate. I felt like he was always over-rated after this.

Two KO's out of bounds is not good***

Nov 6, 2017, 4:58 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic