Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Louisville has some fight in them
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,921

Louisville has some fight in them

Sep 14, 2015, 7:08 AM

Louisville could easily be 2-0 this year instead of the reverse.
They fought back against Auburn after being down early, and some say should have won.

They may have been overlooking Houston because of our Tigers coming to town.
Which is a way more important game to them. Houston was their trap game IMO.

They will be loud in Papa Johns on Thursday. That, I would bet on.

Still, we have the better team.

I think we're in for a fight though.

CU 27 Cards 20

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've only got two things to say about that.

Sep 14, 2015, 7:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Louisville has some fight in them

Sep 14, 2015, 7:20 AM

I'm with you Moats. Season-salvaging game for Louisville. Will be a dogfight.

Sep 14, 2015, 7:41 AM

They will come out full of emotion.

They are also in a very fragile situation where their defense is ailing, they have no real offensive identity, and nothing has really gone their way.

If Clemson sustains some drives, scores some points, and gets a substantial lead, Louisville could also break. Who are their leaders? Who are their playmakers? Who are their go-to guys when stuff starts going wrong?

I look at their offense and I see a carousel of QB's who have been yanked and spun around, none of them solidified as the starter, and all of them playing behind a very, very suspect O-line that has failed to remotely protect the passer or open running lanes this year. I see a very young WR corps that is missing its top two targets from last season. I look at their D and I see some Charlie Strong holdovers, some Georgia and TCU transfers who got booted for not unsubstantial legal infractions - some were outright felonies. These were guys Charlie Strong would not have touched with a ten-foot pole. Their physical talent is not in question; their dedication to the program and their character very much are.

These pieces are going to have to come together in a hurry...or Clemson could flat-out break them. So they will come out full of vinegar and attitude...let's see if it lasts.

If we execute well, Louisville could find themselves tanking. What we don't need to do is let them hang around. They're a hot mess right now and we need to get some licks in quick...and see if they're up to it. I don't think they are. Teams that think they're good - and actually aren't - tend to collapse when hit in the mouth. I actually think this game could - emphasis on could - be over by halftime if we hit them incisively enough.

Sep 14, 2015, 9:23 AM

Great reply, quoz. You've injected a little more optimism in me.

I'm a bit nervous over here as this will be my first away game since Blacksburg in '06. The Brandon Ore memories are still vivid.

Sep 14, 2015, 9:46 AM

I as well need some optimism as this could be a nerve wrecking game. I am from Louisville but have been a die hard Clemson fan for the longest time. I will be in the stands cheering Clemson on and trying to ignore the ignorant and drunk Louisville fans that might happen to yell at me.

Sep 14, 2015, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Louisville has some fight in them ]

I was just thinking about the same game. VaTech was on a skid and we came in hot and off of a win vs GT.

The biggest difference though is... VaTech played a cupcake b4 playing us on Thursday in Blacksburg getting a W to feed off of. Clemson played GT then and had the big head being ranked 10th.

This team isn't coached by Tommy B. and if you remember they walked into Doak Campbell last year and almost left with a W.

Louisville is a good team...but mentally snapping out of losing a heartbreaker to Auburn then slipping up against Houston means that if things go bad for them...they probably won't respond well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2015, 7:40 AM

Definitely a scary feel to this one...a desperate opponent on a Thursday night at their place...and an offensive line that failed to dominate lesser competition running the football the first two weeks.

This is a classic trap game.

Sep 14, 2015, 9:24 AM

I don't believe in trap games. You look at their emphasis with new uniforms for this game and it's obvious they're gonna have a ton of fight in them.Thursday night close lost last year. This game will be a war early on.Clemson should come in with extra hot Tabasco sauce in their mouths.I'm not concerned with BV's crew he'll have fire under their butts. The offense has to be in attack mode every play and down. Punting is also a concern. We have to win this game.Too much talent now. Go Tigers!

If our Tigs puch UL in the mouth at the start

Sep 14, 2015, 7:44 AM

the cards will fold like cheap suits....

Sep 14, 2015, 7:51 AM

Louisville has faced stiffer competition than us thus far. I don't like warming up against cream puffs while they are slugging it out with Allbarn. Their players are ready for the speed and intensity. Are ours?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I want is the "W". Don't care how close it is.***

Sep 14, 2015, 8:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Sep 14, 2015, 10:15 AM

We will win by at least 2 touchdowns . Not being a pumper , just evaluating the talent on the field and the talent on the field is Clemson by a farm.
They do have a couple nice pieces up there but they are going to see what we have with DW4 at the helm for 4 quarters...and they ain't gone like it .
Tigers win 34-17

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 16, 2015, 11:16 AM

We're gonna send Petrino back on a one way motorcycle ride to another mediocre season.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,921
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic