Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lots of Tnetters who thought OSU was going to be easy, now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Lots of Tnetters who thought OSU was going to be easy, now

Dec 29, 2019, 11:39 PM

making the same mistake about LSU. Guys, LSU, Ohio State and Clemson are the best 3 teams the playoff has ever had at one time. These 3 are likely all better than most national championship teams from other years. 3 historically good teams. I’m very thankful we are a part of it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i can’t let what other people think bother me.

Dec 29, 2019, 11:41 PM

They will put up some points but I am confident that we can and will win the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lots of Tnetters who thought OSU was going to be easy, now

Dec 29, 2019, 11:43 PM

Screw LSU.

Dec 29, 2019, 11:44 PM

It's fandom on a message board bruh. I thought you were aware of how this thing works?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 11:45 PM

Ohio State is better than LSU. Fact

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Dec 30, 2019, 11:42 AM

Ohio State is better than LSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Lots of Tnetters who thought OSU was going to be easy, now ]

Hope you are right!

Last game was two statistically similar teams

Dec 29, 2019, 11:45 PM

Throwing haymakers

This game will be two elite offenses against defenses that are probably not up to handling the assaults to come. It will be explosive. It will be a different type of game

Clemson

Re: Last game was two statistically similar teams

Dec 30, 2019, 7:10 PM

How will LSU react when hay makers start landing on their arses?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 11:46 PM

Clemson matches up more favorably against LSU than we did against OSU. I think LSU vs OSU would have been a heck of a game, but OSU would have won it. Defense wins Nattys.

Dec 29, 2019, 11:48 PM

You nailed it.

Dec 30, 2019, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Lots of Tnetters who thought OSU was going to be easy, now ]

I agree, but I am going to have to watch some more LSU film because that performance against OK was downright scary. I know OK sucks and they certainly looked unprepared on defense but
Daaamn, they was throwing the ball all over the lot.

Go Tigers !!

Dec 30, 2019, 8:18 AM

I think Clemson will bring out the real burro again, the one that has been playing for the last 10 years that we never heard of before this year. He reminds me of Jake Bentley. Seems like they have been playing forever and there they are back again.

Lots of Tnetters still think that posting on tnet

Dec 30, 2019, 8:21 AM

Has any influence on the outcome of the game

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Where in my post does it say anything close to that? ***

Dec 30, 2019, 10:50 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe it will be another instant Classic. I stand by my

Dec 30, 2019, 8:33 AM

earlier prediction that we (CLEMSON, for those board lurkers who don't know who "we" is) win it all, but LSU will not be an easy out, due to Burrow. We will be trampling on his Fairy Tale, and he won't let it end Unhappily Ever After without the Big Fight. I think he solidifies his place as #1 in the Draft in a close loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 8:36 AM

I admit I thought it would be a bigger differential in points , but I was only 9 short for Clemson and 3 over for the Buckeyes .

I think we're going to see more points scored in this game .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sorry those of us who have confidence in Clemson

Dec 30, 2019, 8:39 AM

Hurt your feelings? Please continue to inform us how we should be more concerned with losing than winning.

Re: Sorry those of us who have confidence in Clemson

Dec 30, 2019, 12:46 PM

Feraltyger - what you need to understand is that one can be confident without being deaf, dumb and blind and belittling a very capable opponent. Nothing personal intended Sir.

Meh. I choose to be snippy towards over hyped teams.

Dec 30, 2019, 6:33 PM

Burrow is LSU.His supporting cast just is not impressive.

P.S.
It's ok if you or others want to lecture me on how to display my fandom. Just as it should be ok for me to think bowing to the opponents who come here talking trash is not acceptable. We see things differently and that is just fine.

Just rolling around some thoughts this morning...

Dec 30, 2019, 8:40 AM

Beating LSU in New Orleans is going to be a tough task. Tough - but not impossible as I think we will win but it won't be a cake walk by any stretch of the imagination.

Here are some thoughts rolling around in my brain:

- LSU has allowed 20 or more points 8 times this year (Texas 38, Vandy 38, Florida 28, Auburn 20, Bama 41, Ole Miss 37, Arkansas 20, Oklahoma 28)

- Clemson has allowed 20 or more points 2 times this year (UNC 20, Ohio State 23)

- LSU is arguably coming off their best offensive game this year. LSU put up slightly more points against Northwestern State and Vandy, but considering the talent difference between those schools and Oklahoma one would have to say this last game was their best. LSU has offensively peaked - can they maintain that level of performance?

- Clemson is arguably coming off our worst offensive game since the UNC game this year. Ohio State's defense had a lot to do with that but so did our lack of execution and intensity - particularly in the first half. Clemson's offense peaked during the UVA game - can we get back to that level of execution against LSU?

- Most of the press and build up to this game will focus on Joe Burrow and his amazing performance against Oklahoma. How does Burrow and LSU handle all the accolades and extended hype that is bound to come with it? Will this result in over-confidence going into the National Championship?

I think this National Championship game will ultimately be decided by defense. Offensive points will be scored but whichever team gets that critical stop will win it. The Clemson defense has been a pleasant surprise all year - I think they ultimately win it for us...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just rolling around some thoughts this morning...

Dec 30, 2019, 12:35 PM

I'm thinking scoring at half or at the end of the 3rd is a better comparison. Too much flaky stuff happens when backups are in.

I'm fessin' up here and now.

Dec 30, 2019, 8:40 AM

I figured LSU wouldn't score more than 17 points. I missed that by a handful. My mistake was underestimating OSU's defense. I figured we'd score 45-50 or more.

I won't make that mistake with LSU. I'm watching their film this week and will post my predictions when I finish but I take note that LSU's defense is 29th. That might be due to them playing backups during game when their offense was being pressured by their coaching staff to produce or lose. Dabo does that a lot.

I tend to think that the OSU DC had our number when the game kicked off. Across the board OSU's talent level is somewhat above OSU's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 8:47 AM

I’ve already requested 3 Xanax from my doctor, this is gonna be another dog fight

So, I’m guessing I shouldn’t share my score prediction

Dec 30, 2019, 8:53 AM

of us winning 63 - 17 ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 30, 2019, 12:37 PM

You are correct and had LSU or OSU ended up winning it all they would be proclaimed among the best ever. If we win it? Not so much.

OSU should have been easier.

Dec 30, 2019, 2:37 PM

We had a couple of short runs in the 1 gap and we abandoned the idea of running up underneath their speed rushers, which made everything else hard all night. Should have been leading at the half and comfortable in the second half, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 6:37 PM

I can't believe LSU will be as physical as Ohio State, but Joe Burrow is the real deal. I believe our D will be up to the challenge.

Dec 30, 2019, 6:43 PM

Yeah CSO. Like Gump once said: “You can’t fix stupid”.

You also can’t fix arrogance. And we have plenty of that unfortunately.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 7:05 PM

I want Clemson to shut the LSU offense down keeping them under 28 points, crush their defense and drop 60 on them, but in reality, I don't care how close the game ends up - 1 point, 2 points or another 6 point game as long as it's the Clemson Tigers that win!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic