Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lost in all the talk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Lost in all the talk

Jan 1, 2020, 8:44 AM

about officiating, obliterated by Burrow fandom, obscured by analyses of all other metrics and comparisons and focus on Dobbins and his breakout early runs, lonely and unmentioned by almost everybody at ESPN and general audience members is the lonely and forlorn...

Travis Etienne.

I dunno, did any of these people watch the game? Didn't he "explode" for three touchdowns in this game? Or did I just dream all this?

I thought his first touchdown run was going to be a loss of yardage and was ridiculous.

His other touchdowns were pure lightning out of a bottle on pass catches, or did I miscount?

I looked at replays and he actually made the "fast" and talented defenders for OSU look like they were running average speed. It kind of looked like Gump in that movie where he was playing for Alabama.

I saw analyses that stated that OSU was in a seven man type box to stop the run and place their NFL CB's in man coverage, so what happens but we spring him out of the backfield.

I predict ETN to once again be the "Gump" of college football, in the Bayou, and in front of his home crowd!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How does LSU CB compare to OSU?

Jan 1, 2020, 9:14 AM

I did feel the Ross and Tee were ineffective against OSU. I did not look at the stats but I know it was zero TDS to these guys other than the 2 point conversion to Tee.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Higgins and Ross were hurt

Jan 1, 2020, 9:25 AM

We weren't able to put both on the field at the same time for nearly the entire game. Makes it easy to drop double onto the one that's left, and puts them playing out of position part of the time.

The nuckeyes want to forget that they were playing us with one hand tied behind our back.

Re: Higgins and Ross were hurt

Jan 1, 2020, 10:55 AM

Perhaps, but even when they were both out there, we didn't light it up like usual. OSU's DB did a good, physical job on them. LSU has some physical DBs as well. Elliott and Scott need to scheme better than they did last week.

Re: Higgins and Ross were hurt

Jan 1, 2020, 1:33 PM

No

Re: Lost in all the talk

Jan 1, 2020, 10:05 AM

Travis Etienne.

TE is a stud!
Coming back to La, he will be looking to light it up.
He's set to have the best game of his career. I don't know that it will pan out that way statistically, but he is going to be one focused athlete. Has to be a huge concern for Aranda.

Re: "Gump in that movie"

Jan 1, 2020, 10:10 AM

Brilliant.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now that you've posted this clip

Jan 1, 2020, 11:50 AM

Trevor's 67 yard run for glory was extremely "Gumpian"!

Jan 1, 2020, 10:11 AM

OH, his forward progress should have been called down on all of those plays. I played them in slow motion and stop action and clearly a defender had his hand on him, "in the grasp", and the stop action video showed that he was not moving and should have been declared down.

Isn't that the same justification for those who thought an incomplete pass was a fumble!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 10:14 AM

I like ET. He is a top 3 back in the country. He has done very well against the best competition. LSU definitely screwed the pooch with his recruitment. Wish him nothing but success...after Jan 13th

Jan 1, 2020, 10:51 AM

Yes, we need him to run effectively to open up the passing game. LSU is very big up front so we may have to find other ways to get him in space. LSU will surely be paying attention to him on the passes.

I think we will find other ways to spring him and i think he has a big game, but it make take awhile to find him his space.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:13 AM

Yes, yes, yes and thank you! Etienne was incredible. Not too much said given his performance. Appreciate your bringing attention to him as he was critical in our success. He and TL should’ve shared MVP. Both were exceptional.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In fairness TL made OSU defense look slow on 67 yrd TD run

Jan 1, 2020, 1:12 PM

Hehe hehe

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In fairness TL made OSU defense look slow on 67 yrd TD run

Jan 1, 2020, 1:23 PM

For 67 yards, not a buckeye could catch him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic